WDW scooter questions

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello all! My husband recently purchased a scooter for me to use on my trips and for needing long distance due to some issues. A friend of mine said there are certain parade and firework viewing areas for people who use scooters and wheelchairs. I haven't been to MK since needing the scooter and I will be in 2 weeks. Question is do I need a Das pass to use this area or how does it work? I have no issues with lines but thought the idea of a special viewing area would be nice since I will be sitting so low on the scooter. Thanks all

I have a question that goes with this! In the scooter area, are other family members allowed to go into this area? My DH will be using a scooter for the first time, and it would just be me and our adult son. I think he's supposed to be keeping us safe! :)

I have a question that goes with this! In the scooter area, are other family members allowed to go into this area? My DH will be using a scooter for the first time, and it would just be me and our adult son. I think he's supposed to be keeping us safe! :)
Depends on the season and area. Some are ecv/wheelchair and up to 3 guests. However guests are asked to stand behind their wheelchair/ecv using party member. I've seen only 1 guest during peak holiday and summer seasons.

Thanks! Is it like a first come 1st served? Do they offer it during the Halloween party

As always if you have any questions, ask any Cast Member, and they will help direct you.

°O° °o° °o° °o° °O° °o° °o° °o° °O°

I look for places where I know there are typically CMs during the parade; One thing I have learned is that if you ask a CM where the best spot in this area is, they will often show you right where to go.

Remember that this *is* a form of “Pixie Dust”, so it is not guaranteed by myself, or anyone else. It’s just a suggestion to try. Everyone has a favorite spot on the parade routes; most of mine are up around Town Square. In that area are a few spots where you can get photos with angles that most folks don’t consider.

°O° °o° °o° °o° °O° °o° °o° °o° °O°

Occasionally I have had someone try to push in front, but I have found that a pleasant “Hi friend, I was here first; could you please stand next to me, or behind me so I can see” in a non-confrontational manner resolves things. There are also usually more than enough CMs here to help with crowd control, so if someone blocks you and won’t move, just defer to the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter