WDW Should Not Open in July. Discuss.

Should WDW open in July?

• Yes. I'd definitely go if I had the chance.

Votes: 133 26.3%
  • No. Not in July, but I would go before a vaccine is available.

Votes: 203 40.2%
  • No. Not in July, and I won't feel safe going until there is a vaccine.

Votes: 169 33.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t understand how there are still people who think this whole thing is a hoax or just a flu. Do they really think the entire world is just playing a joke on them on “fake” news? People are going to the hospital because theme parks are closed and there are those dying for giggles?
My wife and her peers are of this mind thought.....and they are still in pain that there vote in 2016 was labeled a hoax and hence their values as being false and not mattering and the years after....they are an angry bloc of voters drumming up the beat....like those old western or africa movies we watched in the 40s and 50s.

DISCLAIMER: The following is MY OPINION. Even if you don't agree, respect my right to voice it as I respect yours.

I think ALL . Afterwards, she BARELY washed the little girls hands. She just had her rinse them off without soap and for less than 10 seconds. Barely 5 seconds. I just stood there in shock. Whose fault was it? Not the little girls fault at all. But the mothers. AND the little girl was walking around in the bathroom BAREFOOT!!!! Not even socks on!!!! Her shoes were in the shopping cart. So whatever germs and bacteria are on her feet, she is carrying all over the place, including her home.

AGAIN: This is JUST MY OPINION.
but our society thinks it is all right to have filthy pets in shopping carts....or that we even use shopping carts....we are not a germ phobic society!!!

Here in Ohio people are running about taking no precautions. You will see a small percentage wearing masks. I knew cases would increase because they opened things up to early and people just don’t care. Now a lot of people are saying this virus thing is just a hoax.

I am in Ohio (northern outskirts of Columbus) and I feel like my area is doing pretty good with masks. I have done curbside pickup at a few stores and while I wait for my order I people watch. A local home improvement store I would say 98% are wearing masks the couple of times I have done pickup. Most not wearing them have been people in construction gear going in. This is in the early morning, though.

I have only been in one store since March (the aforementioned store for paint) and I only encountered 2 people without masks. Our local hockey rink requires them and there is 100% compliance there.

That being said, my in-laws who are high risk and in their 70s are flitting around living their lives going to church (even though they are excused and encouraged not to by the church), the gym (even though they have a new treadmill and equipment in their basement) and every high risk thing they can. And they are mad we won’t let them see our kids.

The plan was supposed to continue with social distancing with slowly opening businesses. It was never the plan to just throw open the doors wide open once the curve was flattened. Wasn't the original plan was to have 2 weeks of declining numbers for each phase. Apparently many states didn't get the memo
Exactly! They opened things up so people all run out like it’s all safe and we can go back to our normal ways. That is the problem it’s not all safe!

I am in Ohio (northern outskirts of Columbus) and I feel like my area is doing pretty good with masks. I have done curbside pickup at a few stores and while I wait for my order I people watch. A local home improvement store I would say 98% are wearing masks the couple of times I have done pickup. Most not wearing them have been people in construction gear going in. This is in the early morning, though.

I have only been in one store since March (the aforementioned store for paint) and I only encountered 2 people without masks. Our local hockey rink requires them and there is 100% compliance there.

That being said, my in-laws who are high risk and in their 70s are flitting around living their lives going to church (even though they are excused and encouraged not to by the church), the gym (even though they have a new treadmill and equipment in their basement) and every high risk thing they can. And they are mad we won’t let them see our kids.
We are inbetween Columbus and Cincinnati. The people working in stores and restaurants are wearing masks, but customers are not except a few.

The plan was supposed to continue with social distancing with slowly opening businesses. It was never the plan to just throw open the doors wide open once the curve was flattened. Wasn't the original plan was to have 2 weeks of declining numbers for each phase. Apparently many states didn't get the memo

At this point in time there's not one Florida county that should be moving into a new phase.
This is a link to Ms. Jones' website (she was fired by FL for not jiggering numbers): https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

Things are bad NOW but there were still HUGE crowds in the tourist spots around my area this weekend. Those that care are taking precautions those that don't aren't.
Yes, that was my point.... a large segment doesn't feel threatened and won't take it seriously unless the death toll climbs dramatically and hospitals become over run.... THEN they may start to self isolate because they see those around them suffering.... without it affecting them, they don't care. The cases have gotten out of control as expected...now wait to see if deaths correlate or not.

One thing I don't hear many talking about is that all this social distancing and lockdown activity was meant to flatten the curve, not stop the virus. Without a vaccine, we will almost all get it at some point, and as long as our healthcare system can handle the load of hospitalizations from the most severe cases (admittedly some places can't) then it seems we are at an acceptable level of infection rates. I'm not trying to be incensing or insensitive, I just always understood this to be the case. Your thoughts?
Exactly. Now, I know some areas (looking at you Florida and Arizona) are now having spikes. I think they should curtail their openings. I do think theme parks CAN (I didn't say 'should') open. But places (all over, not just theme parks) need to be strict about social distancing and mask requirements).
I also hear people say "we did that" but did we? If we really have flattened the curve why is the curve in an upward direction?
The curve WAS flattened for most of May. That's why places started opening up. However, for whatever reason (whether you want to blame the public, the government, or both), it went from "flat" to "up". Here's my state's "adjusted positives" from one of the many websites:

Looks pretty flat from the beginning of May until now (knock on wood).
Here's Florida's from the same time:
Things had been trending down from about the middle of April until the end of May. So I can understand why they decided to "open". I don't think they opened too "soon", but they opened too "quickly".

Things had been trending down from about the middle of April until the end of May. So I can understand why they decided to "open". I don't think they opened too "soon", but they opened too "quickly".

Problem is that Florida didn't follow it's own rules about opening. Starting in April we moved from phase to phase throughout the state when at one point only 2 (relatively unpopulated) counties were the only areas that were eligible to move up a phase.

Problem is that Florida didn't follow it's own rules about opening. Starting in April we moved from phase to phase throughout the state when at one point only 2 (relatively unpopulated) counties were the only areas that were eligible to move up a phase.
Whats up with the reluctance of Gov DeSantis to mandate masks statewide in a state where cases and hospitalizations are exploding? >:(Not a hard thing to do, WEAR a mask to slow the spread and save a life!

Although I don’t necessarily disagree with us taking a step back for a few weeks to get things better controlled, anyone who doesn’t live here in central Florida doesn’t really have a true understanding of how bad the situation is getting economically, especially since it was never great to begin with. We are on the edge, between messed up unemployment, extra benefits set to expire this month, and landlords just waiting to be able to evict tenants en masse. I personally know people in roommate situations who have been asked to leave because they can no longer pay to stay where they are. To read posts that say a huge part of our local economy should simply sit out the rest of the year is terrifying. There has to be a compromise between saving lives from Covid and saving lives from destitution.

I have been more fortunate than most because I am still working, at least for now. My office is reopening physically this week, and as nervous as I am about going out every day again, I am more nervous about whether my company can survive if we don’t reopen now. I feel any company that can open, with the appropriate safeguards in place for employees and customers, should open so long as there are no regulations that prevent it. I do support reviewing the data, and taking temporary steps when necessary to bring case counts down, like shutting bars or beaches over holiday weekends. But I have seen no proof that opening Sea World or Universal has had a huge detrimental effect, and I believe Disney will be working hard to keep the people who choose to go safe, and will adjust their policies as necessary to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter