Wdw Ticket Prices Increasing!

Hi All:

In response to the postings about the prices of annual passes increasing tomorrow, I contacted the Disney Store here in Winnipeg about buying passes today. They said that, because they have to order them in from the States and it takes two weeks, they are charging the new prices already.

For a Disney Club adult annual pass, they're charging $592.88 CDN. When we called the Disney Club, they're still honouring the old prices today. Their price is $354.04 USD which works out to $552.30 CDN at today's exchange rate.

Thought you'd want to know!

Cheers,

Pirate

Debbie Wills site also talks about Advance Purchase Saving Program along with the price increases ( http://www.wdwig.com/hnews.htm#687 ). It seems the ticket prices for this program are exactly what pricing was before the increase. It appears that if you buy your ticket from anywhere but the 'gate' it will keep the old pricing. Therefore the pricing for these tickets should be same at the Disney stores in Canada (I am missing something here when they call this a saving program). We will have to see where all this 'shakes out'. The sad part is Disney is removing the Disney Club discount on 4-5 hoppers effective Sept 10. I just apply for my card a few days ago and can't use it (don't have the physical card yet....have membership #) to beat the price/policy change! Such as life.

I didn't run out to the Disney store today because I am still betting on the special 7 day hopper second 1/2 hopper come out before our Nov trip.......if not, it will be 5 day hopper I guess.

DH of Inga :smooth:

Does this mean that TDS won't carry the PHs at all? Or does it mean that they won't have a discounted Disney Club price?

I believe you will still be able to buy park hopper passes at the Disney Store. The Disney Club discount will no longer be available on 4-5 day hoppers.

Our local Disney store called to let me know that the two annual passes I had ordered for next year were in and I could pick them up anytime.
The next day. one of the managers called me to let me know that they had just received notification that the pass would be going up on the 11th, so if I wished to save almost $80 :eek: on each pass, I would have to pick them up before then.....which believe me I did...:D
I had not even planned to buy them yet, but for some reason when I was in TDS a couple of weeks back, I thought I might as well order them and put them away till next year. Some times it pays to listen to that ' little niggly voice ' in your head.:rolleyes:
Now that extra money can be put to good use,....as my very slim DD says, supper at Ohana's. lunch at the Crystal Palace, supper at the Rainforest cafe and don't forget dessert at the French Pavillion in Epcot:teeth:
Roll on April and August 2003!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter