• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WDW Vets/DLR Newbies Unite!

Jennifer, like you, we are WDW vets. This is our first trip to DLR. We bought into AKV in October and had developer points that needed to be used, (needed, lol)... just give me another reason to go! :goodvibes We've never been to CA. We did make it to AZ one year (dd was a competitive gymnast and had a competition out there).

I honestly thought we'd never get any further. I was so excited when we decided to do this. We are four months away from our trip and cannot wait. I'm checking out your TR for any tips.

:thumbsup2 We bought into AKV too. We finally get to stay at Kidani Village this fall (2-bedroom Savannah-View). :woohoo: I can't wait! Every past WDW trip, we ventured over to AKV and checked out the progress of our new "home". :cloud9: We aren't staying there in June. :guilty: We're staying at SSR (less points and they had availability). But, we plan to go check out the completed AKV resort.

We never got around to it ... check out the DVC models for the new VGC (The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa). The models are right next to the DLH. Presently, unless you visit the preview center, all you can see is the exterior construction of the new Villas (I think they open Fall 2009). We definitely plan to stay there on our next DLR visit. I have been spoiled with DVC. I missed the space and my washer and dryer in the room during our DLH visit. ;) We walked through the GCH for our Storytellers breakfast. That hotel is beautiful. It reminded me of WL a bit, but on a smaller scale.

:sad1: Our trip is now just a memory. :worship: I am so envious of y'all that haven't been yet. Maybe, I can live vicariously through you??????? :rolleyes1

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

:goodvibes Jennifer

Reason why I am going to DL instead of WDW this year is due to money issues we are tight on cash, but DL is cheaper for everyone to get there, I am going on my first time without my family and just my friends to DL and it is a way for me to get close to them and to know them better when not at work. I also havent been to DL since 2004 and I have been looking at stuff to do in DL and I do not recall some of the stuff but then not sure it could of been there we just were not paying attention due to the fact my father just passed away and we just wanted to get out of the house, so I am hoping this trip will make up for it and to make new friend memories:) sorry if it was a bit long lol

I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in just 10 days :banana: I've never been to California so I am excited. Florida was just closer and I'm comfortable in my surroundings in WDW. But I've always wanted to go to Disneyland since that is where it all started.
I bought into the AKV and I got my developer points. I used some to go to WDW last November and then I had enough to stay at the the DLH for 5 nights, then I decided to go on a Saturday instead of Sunday so I booked at the Fairfield Inn for one night on Marriott Points. I had enought Rapid Rewards with SW so I have a free flight from Phila to LAX. I am going solo so I am not renting a car, but I am booked on the Super Shuttle. I work for Allstate and we get a discount on the park tickets, so I am going relatively inexpensively.
I will never give up my WDW trips though, I booked for a stay at the AKV in June (my grand-daughter's first trip) and I've got my solo trip booked for December.
This is just going to be such a neat experience for me. I am nervous and excited all at one time :yay:

Reason why we are going to DL for the first time is I have always wanted to see DL and the buy 3 get 5 deal convinced my hubby to go. We are used to going to WDW in value season with lower crowds and less heat, so this should be interesting to go in peak season. Since I am not sure if this will be a once in a lifetime trip I did not want to go off season and miss anything!
helenk I am nervous and excited like you. I know it is a lot smaller, but planning seems more difficult than going to WDW for some reason, I guess because I don't know what to expect.

I am going to the D23 Expo this year. The price drop on the flights made my decision about being able to go. Just going to be at DL/DCA for 1-day though. Will be a short 3 night stay in Anaheim.

:wizard: We'll be back to DLR sooner than expected ...

:banana: Doing a happy dance! :banana:

I just booked DH and I :-)woohoo: no kids!!!!) on an Adventures by Disney trip. We are doing the DIS Unplugged ABD California Backstage Magic Tour on April 13, 2010. We will have a little under a year to anticipate this trip. With the price, I will need all the time I can to save and pay for it! ;) Disney sure is proud of these trips. This will definitely be a "Once in a Lifetime Trip". :cloud9:

:wizard: Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter