WDW's Best Thrill Ride- March Madness Edition

DisneyDad2015

Mouseketeer
Enough talk about price increases and budget cuts! Let's have some fun!

In the spirit of the NCAA's March Madness, I have decided to set up a tournament for Disney World's best thrill rides. The tournament will work much like March Madness does. I have selected 8 of Disney World's most popular thrill rides, and seeded them #1- #8. The seeding is opinionated, of course, so don't give me too hard of a time why x is #1 while x is #3. The 8 rides are as follows:

#1- Expedition Everest
#2- Tower of Terror
#3- Rock n Roller Coaster
#4- Space Mountain
#5- Splash Mountain
#6- Test Track
#7- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
#8- Soarin'

Here is the bracket:

1-Expedition Everest

vs

8- Soarin'

2- Tower of Terror

vs

7- BTMRR

3- RNRC

vs

6- Test Track

4- Space Mountain

vs

5- Splash Mountain

I have structured the tournament to last for 1 week. Each day we will vote on one of the "games". The ride with the most votes at the end of the day (Midnight EST.) will move on to the next round. You are allowed ONE vote per game. Hopefully I've explained this well enough. If you are familiar with March Madness this should be pretty easy to figure out.

So, with that out of the way, let's get started on the first game:

#1 Expedition Everest vs #8 Soarin'

Go ahead and post your vote. Feel free to even state why you chose one over another,etc.

Last edited:
#1 Expedition Everest.

I mean, picking the #1 seed is obvious, isn't it? I like Soarin', but I think Everest is more thrilling to me and just squeaks past. It would have been a landslide victory if that darn Yeti worked!

#1 Expedition Everest! My favorite ride! Last trip, we broke our record and did 8 times in row during AM EMH

I will add that in case of a tie, the tie breaker will automatically go to the higher ranked seed. Easiest way I know how to do that.

Ugh, this first one is so hard! I think I like Soarin' just a hair more than Everest, but Everest is definitely the most thrilling ride in the park, and without it the overall thrill level of WDW would drop dramatically. (Not that it's that high to start).

If Soarin' was down, I would be sad but I wouldn't be missing out of an 'experience' as much as I would be if Everest broke down. Without Everest, there's only one other true coaster.

So with that said, I'm going with #1 - Everest! :)

Everest is the clear winner in terms of thrill.

But, I do really enjoy Soarin'. I still vote for Everest for the thrill factor.

It's fitting that these two are paired together, as I think they are both overrated.....but, I'd give the edge to Everest, as it is the "least" overrated of the two...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter