"We’re not gonna make it, we’re not gonna make it!" Aug 2014 mini-PTR upd 1/8

My mom, who is Vegan, definitely is not a fan of DAK. But, the odd thing is, that I find that park has the most Vegetarian friendly options!!

We went to Jiko and really liked it, but Sanaa looks like something we will have to try now too!!

Congrats on both the Disney job and passing ROFR at BWV!!! :cool1:
You've stayed at BW before so you know how great it is to be able to walk to EPCOT and DHS. We love both BWV and BCV for F&W and F&G! Beware though....that dreaded DVC disease of "addonitis" will attack soon! For us, it happened before we made our first DVC trip! :lmao:

I see who the smart ones are...the passengers in the back! Those in the front won't know when you stop pedaling! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the congrats! :) I am very excited to have the priority at the Epcot resort area. It is by far our favorite! And yes....we haven't even closed yet and I may be guilty of still looking over listings. ;) Although it is highly unlikely we would purchase another contract for at least a few years.

I love that you wore your Bambi skirt to AKL! Such great coordination!

Looks like Olivia and Lucy had fun at AK! That cookie looks good ... I may have to think about picking one up on my next trip (I'm always afraid to try the packaged baked goods for fear that I'll be paying too much for something not that good ... but if you say it's good for drowning your Disney sorrows, I may give it a try!)

I seem to never have a good AK type outfit so my Bambi skirt fit the bill perfectly. I was kind of bummed to only wear it for a few hours in the park since our time at AK wasn't very long. This will definitely get a repeat wear on a future trip!

Yes! We really like that cookie and because it is prepackaged it will last forever....if you can keep it around that long. Maybe not fresh baked good but we still love it.

I'm all caught up again! I got behind on several updates since we were gone for 2 weeks, so I'm kind of lame and don't have anything specific to comment on. :lmao: But I promise now that I can stay caught up that I will have more relevant comments for you!!!

I trip to Italy is a pretty great excuse to get behind on TRs! My next update will include a shout out to you for my poncho inspired Kali River Rapids ride.

My mom, who is Vegan, definitely is not a fan of DAK. But, the odd thing is, that I find that park has the most Vegetarian friendly options!!

We went to Jiko and really liked it, but Sanaa looks like something we will have to try now too!!

Yes! My sister is a strict vegan/animal activist and won't do AK or EP (the Seas). So much good vegan food at both those parks.

I think I need a trip where we go to Boma (we didn't like it on our only visit in 2006 but I think I need a redo), Sanaa and Jiko (we've never been). Which trip did you go to Jiko on? I would love to see your review.

T
Yes! My sister is a strict vegan/animal activist and won't do AK or EP (the Seas). So much good vegan food at both those parks.

I think I need a trip where we go to Boma (we didn't like it on our only visit in 2006 but I think I need a redo), Sanaa and Jiko (we've never been). Which trip did you go to Jiko on? I would love to see your review.

We went to Jiko on the most recent trip! They have an entirely separate menu just for Vegetarians! Very impressive.

TR title explained in this update and our time at AK-PART 4

We left off at the end of Aaron and I’s lunch date and the girls alone adventures….So after a bit of miscommunication we end up being reunited with the girls in front of Kali River Rapids around 4 which we just so happened to have a FP+ for at that time. Now, let me tell you, I am not a “get wet in clothes” kind of person. This phobia even prevents me from riding Splash Mountain very regularly and I had never deemed KRR worth the risk at all (the girls rode it once together a few years ago). BUT armed with my new plan of shameful poncho wearing I was ready (why did I never think of this? I give all my shameful poncho wearing credit to Khertz and her latest trip report).

Originally when I told Aaron we were going to do this he refused but in the end a new Disney family experience won out and we all participated. And very happy to report that the ponchos provided about 75% coverage…..and the family we rode with that laughed at us when we got on in our ponchos weren’t laughing quite as hard when we were done with the ride. It was fun and again great to have a new experience but it won’t be on my quick to return list.

At some point we stopped for some photopass pictures.

Then it was time for one of my all-time favorites. Dinosaur!! We had a FP+ scheduled from 5-6 and I believe we had to kill a bit of time in Dinoland before it was ready.
Our first 2 rides on Dinosaur (FP and a super short standby) were amazing and fun.

Then I think it was the combo of our second picture with us all pointing in the wrong direction which cracked us up AND on the third ride boarding but then being stuck in a few minute breakdown when we started to get a little loopy.

Broke down selfie had to happen!

So, then it was rides 3, 4 and 5 when the girls started getting goofy and hence the title of this trip report was conceived.
So as Dr. Seeker gives the directives during the ride the girls started repeating everything he would say but it a panicked, freaked out way. I had tears like you wouldn’t believe it was so funny. We were all dying.

Ride 3 (shout out to the girl in the front row on the phone):

Here in audio clip curtesy of YouTube if you want to listen to the regular audio. While it was all super funny the end of the ride when he yells, “We’re not gonna make it, we’re not gonna make it!” was so hysterical. Likely one of those you had to be there moments but it will definitely forever change the Dinosaur experience for our family!

http://youtu.be/RLgKyT1VjmA

Ride 4 and 5:

Ride 6 we tamed it down. We might have been crossing the line into being annoying and we wouldn’t want that to happen. Ok so we might still be goofy in the picture but we tamed down the yelling, laughing and crying. ;)

A farewell to the Dino Institute and thanks for such a fun afternoon!

We had two FPs for EE that we missed out on but we were having so much fun I know I didn't mind. I'll see that Yeti next time!

At this point the park was closed but we managed to get a few final photopass pictures.

Thankfully the man in the blue shirt wasn't harmed during this picture:

Just found your TR and I have to say that I was quite bummed when I was all caught up! I can't wait for your next update!! :thumbsup2

Nothing wrong with wearing a poncho on KRR - not getting soaked certainly doesn't ruin the fun.

I love the ride pictures - they look like so much fun!

I can't wait to see what happened next!

While I do feel shame wearing a poncho on Splash Mountain, it's COMPLETELY reasonable on a soaker like KRR! :lmao: But really, I'm glad my TR could help. :thumbsup2

Holy smokes, that's a LOT of rides on Dinosaur! That ride legitimately terrifies me, but I think after that many rides, I'd feel pretty loopy too. :eek:

ahhhh I LOVE Dinosaur!!! it's my absolute favorite ride which makes me feel like a huge dork but it's true. Loved all of your pics!

Hey! Just got back from my trip and am catching up on TRs. I was reading yours while away but I hate replying on my phone so I waited until I got back to reply!

I always wondered if ponchos on Kali would make any difference. That's awesome that you got to ride Dinosaur so much; I love that ride myself! Did you know there's a hidden Mickey in the entryway?

Just found your TR and I have to say that I was quite bummed when I was all caught up! I can't wait for your next update!! :thumbsup2

Awe, thanks so much for reading and the compliment!! :) I know I have been MIA but I plan to get an update or two posted this weekend.

Nothing wrong with wearing a poncho on KRR - not getting soaked certainly doesn't ruin the fun.

I love the ride pictures - they look like so much fun!

I can't wait to see what happened next!

Yes, ponchos are the way to go for us from now on!

I really love having the ride photos and that really makes MM worth it for me. I am not one to race off the ride and push through people to attempt to get a cell phone picture of the ride photo. I prefer just having the "magic" load it to my band.

While I do feel shame wearing a poncho on Splash Mountain, it's COMPLETELY reasonable on a soaker like KRR! :lmao: But really, I'm glad my TR could help. :thumbsup2

Holy smokes, that's a LOT of rides on Dinosaur! That ride legitimately terrifies me, but I think after that many rides, I'd feel pretty loopy too. :eek:

Good clarification on the poncho wearing. ;)

Haha....I hear so many people say they are scared of Dinosaur and I don't get that. I feel uneasy on the monorail, though, so who am I to judge! :lmao: Although I have to say our love for Dinosaure is really just a cheap replacement for our love for Indiana Jones. I think we all prefer the Disneyland version better.

ahhhh I LOVE Dinosaur!!! it's my absolute favorite ride which makes me feel like a huge dork but it's true. Loved all of your pics!

Not a dork at all! Or if so then so am I! :) Thanks we had so much fun.

Hey! Just got back from my trip and am catching up on TRs. I was reading yours while away but I hate replying on my phone so I waited until I got back to reply!

I always wondered if ponchos on Kali would make any difference. That's awesome that you got to ride Dinosaur so much; I love that ride myself! Did you know there's a hidden Mickey in the entryway?

I wondered what happened to you, I figured you snuck off on your trip! Can't wait to hear about yours. You are doing a TR, right?

Ponchos made a huge difference. Olivia and I would have been soaked. We had a bit of water go through the neck opening that probably could have been prevented but it was manageable.

Hmmm...not sure if we have noticed a hidden Mickey on Dinosaur. Guess we will have to look for that next time.

I wondered what happened to you, I figured you snuck off on your trip! Can't wait to hear about yours. You are doing a TR, right?

Ponchos made a huge difference. Olivia and I would have been soaked. We had a bit of water go through the neck opening that probably could have been prevented but it was manageable.

Hmmm...not sure if we have noticed a hidden Mickey on Dinosaur. Guess we will have to look for that next time.

Yes, I did sneak away for quite a time! What a long trip it was! I am planning on a TR, just getting everything together now.

I can't believe the ponchos helped that much! It's a ride I stay away from because I'm past the typical getting-soaked-is-fun age! Good tip for the future for me; I'd like to try it.

Our VIP tour guide pointed it out on the tour. Of COURSE I didn't get a picture, but I might have one in my older trip files. If I do, I'll post it in my TR!

Yes, I did sneak away for quite a time! What a long trip it was! I am planning on a TR, just getting everything together now.

I can't believe the ponchos helped that much! It's a ride I stay away from because I'm past the typical getting-soaked-is-fun age! Good tip for the future for me; I'd like to try it.

Our VIP tour guide pointed it out on the tour. Of COURSE I didn't get a picture, but I might have one in my older trip files. If I do, I'll post it in my TR!

I see your TR link in your signature. I will be sure to head over. :)

Ahh...the VIP tour. Can't wait to hear about it.

Dining with more Dino’s !-PART 5

So this update won’t be my best…I have only food pictures but for continuity the story must be told.

This evening was one I really struggled with planning. I was torn between La Nouba and Hoop De Doo but somehow in the end T-Rex won out. Looking back I am not even sure how that happened but it did. We have never dined at T-Rex but I knew enough after having dined at Rainforest Café a few times to have known better BUT the girls seemed excited and we just went with it.

By the time we exited AK, it is well after park close. I believe it was around 7:45. Our T-Rex ADR was for 8:30 which originally with a park close at 7 seemed like plenty of time but it didn’t end up being that way. Our original plan had us stopping by our room at SSR but instead we got off the bus and just headed straight to the path to DTD. We were nearly late!

We ended up arriving just a few minutes late but we were still seated pretty quickly considering all the people waiting! Honestly, I was over this meal before we even sat down. I wasn’t hungry at all but I tried to make the best of it. Our service was spotty but good enough. Once we ordered the others went and explored while I stuck back at the table.

For our meals:

Olivia ordered the appetizer nachos without the beef:

Aaron got the mushroom ravioli (which seemed to the winner at the table):

Lucy had mac and cheese:

I ordered the Omnivores delight salad which unfortunately wasn’t a delight. The goat cheese chunks were pretty large for my liking and the best part….the caramelized pecans were left off and I didn’t realize until I was nearly finished! 

The highlight of the meal was probably watching a young couple at the table next to us on a first date. At times it didn't appear to be going well and was pretty entertaining. :rotfl2: We quickly ate and made our exit. It was 10:15 and I had been dying to check out the Marketplace Co-op! We ended up doing a bit of window shopping (no purchases) and walked back to SSR.

Ha, that sounds like an AWFUL meal overall! "Omnivore's Delight" huh? Someone needs to help with that menu. :rotfl: The mac and cheese actually looks the best to me.

The first date is so funny, especially if it didn't appear to be going too well. Funny to us, not so funny to them.

The Marketplace Co-Op was really something, wasn't it!? We really enjoyed looking around in there! Especially at the DDB and Veras.

Ha, that sounds like an AWFUL meal overall! "Omnivore's Delight" huh? Someone needs to help with that menu. :rotfl: The mac and cheese actually looks the best to me.

The first date is so funny, especially if it didn't appear to be going too well. Funny to us, not so funny to them.

The Marketplace Co-Op was really something, wasn't it!? We really enjoyed looking around in there! Especially at the DDB and Veras.

Yes, not the best meal. Although I think it was the worst for me, everyone else was ok with it. Thankfully I make all our plans so a return trip isn't likely.

Yes...the Marketplace was very cute and somehow different than I expected (I tried not to read any reviews). I was very surprised that I didn't buy anything. :rotfl:

Back to the Magic Kingdom!-PART 1
We started this morning off sleeping in and then having breakfast in the room. The 3 of us (Olivia stayed behind) wondered over to the pool where I took exactly 1 picture.

Since it was Saturday the pool was much, much busier than it had been on Thursday. I was kind of disappointed that we didn’t take more of an advantage of it on Thursday. The slide, etc. had a line of 10+ people vs Thursday when we just "walked on". It was still a nice way to start our day and we had a fun time. After an hour or so we made our way back to the room to get cleaned up for our day at Magic Kingdom!

We were ready to be on our way around 1pm. The minute we stepped outside a DOWNPOUR happened. The kind of downpour that you don’t even want to run across the parking lot to the bus stop downpour. Aaron decided to run back upstairs to change his shoes while we just watched the rain. We were already running later than I had hoped so I was pretty bummed about it but we finally made our way to the bus stop and caught our bus.

When we arrived at MK we were starving. It was around 2:30 so we needed lunch. We had NO plans and ended up at Tortuga Tavern. A new CS choice for us. I think Lucy ordered the kids cheese quesadillas and the rest of us all got burritos (Aaron chicken/vegetarian for me and Olivia). The toppings bar was a nice touch but we stuffed our burritos a bit too full.

Our seating area reminded me a bit of the old court of Angels at Disneyland and was a perfect spot until the rain came pouring down again and was blowing in on us. Thankfully we were nearly finished eating so were able to clean up and get out quickly.

Our first attraction of the day was Country Bear Jamboree. These bears have really grown on me over the years and was one we missed in May so I was happy to be there and out of the rain!

Next up was another “must do this trip” attraction. Enchanted Tales with Belle. This is one that we have missed every trip since it has been in its new spot. The wait was about 30 minutes but decided to wait it out. I figured if we didn’t we probably wouldn’t make it back over.

Olivia was picked to be the wardrobe so we had Lucy be a plate. I have to say I thought it was better when it used to be outside in Merida’s meeting spot. Lumiere was by far the highlight for me. Well, and I guess my girls.

After ETwB we made our way over to Big Top Souvenirs for a snack. Lucy ended up being the only one to find something there.

Olivia did get the opportunity to show off her muscles and she impressed the CM so much that she asked for Olivia's autograph.

After such a workout a repeat cupcake cup from Cheshire Café was needed.

We then made our way over to use our Peter Pan FP and also stopped at Philharmagic (one of my favorites!).

By now it was around 6pm and Aaron and I still hadn’t had a snack so we went over to Starbucks while the girls ventured into Tomorrowland to ride Stitch and the Laugh Floor.

We both got a coffee and shared a less than impressive brownie.

Great update! :thumbsup2 How's the new job at the Disneystore going?

Thanks! I was just happy to find the time to get an update posted! ;)

As far as the job...I meant to put this in my original post...it is really good although there have been a few challenges along the way. I was VERY sick the week I started. I actually had to call off my first day (I had a fever over 102) and was hysterical over it. And honestly I am still not 100% so that has made things harder and slightly less enjoyable than they could be. BUT overall I love it. I just had a guest yesterday that was leaving the next day (today!) who was in buying matching shirts, etc. It's very fun to be a part of that. pixiedust:

I think the hardest part has been the pressure I am putting on myself to be the perfect magical CM from the start. I am sure I'll get there but it is a lot to learn, etc and at times the magical part has to take a backseat to just the learning of the job. Fingers crossed that it continues to be good and that I am able to stay on past the holidays.

Thanks for asking!! :goodvibes

Awww! That's too bad that you weren't feeling well the first week! Long ago, I had to call in sick the first day of a job and let's just say that didn't end well!:scared:

I'm glad it's going better for you and what fun to be a part of people's vacations!!:cool1:

Here's to success along the way and that you'll be there after the holidays!!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter