We’re Still Awake! An August MNSSHP Trip Report (Complete 4/10/21)

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
jAh5xxkl.jpg

Welcome, Internet, to my second trip report! Those of you who followed along with my first know that this is coming about 3 years and 6 months sooner than I had ever expected. I planned our first family trip HERE and documented it HERE with the expectation that we wouldn’t be returning for four more years.

The Cliff Note’s version of how this extra trip came to be is as follows:

- Hubby’s boss asks him about attending a conference at Swolphin in late October; we both get hyped and start planning a mini trip to take the kids the MNSSHP. Budgets are made, park dates are considered, and horses are placed well before carts.

- Hubby’s boss realizes he spoke too soon and it is very unlikely he’ll get to attend this conference; we both get super bummed.

- I start fiddling with the budget we built for late October to see if we could spend that same amount to go for just MNSSHP in August, which happens to coincide with a long trip our good friends are taking. With creative use of BJs discounted gift cards, airlines points, and credit card deals, we decide to book the trip.

- EEMH is announced for the day after our scheduled departure. We blow the budget out of the water by adding a 2-day convention ticket and a night at the Contemporary to experience walking into MK for a 7am EMH.

- Hubby actually gets sent to a senior leadership conference in Orlando in July, so I (of course) fly down for just 24 hours to do an adults only After Hours at Animal Kingdom

If you’d like to experience the full extent of my crazy about-face, you can jump to the addendum portion of my PTR here, aptly titled RIDICULOUS UPDATE. Otherwise, I invite you to join along on our thoroughly exhausting, whirlwind trip.

nkQQiAMm.jpg
VItcCdnm.jpg
Uzc7EpGm.jpg

ToC
Adults Only Trip
Adults Only Trip (cont’d)
A Brief Interlude and Proper Introductions
August Day One: Preparation and Travel Day
August Day One: (cont’d)
August Day Two: Hollywood Studios and Date Night
August Day Two: Hollywood Studios and Date Night (cont’d)
August Day Two: Hollywood Studios and Date Night (conclusion)
August Day Three: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
… And I Thought That Was Too Long of a Break
August Day Three: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (cont’d)
August Day Three: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (conclusion)
August Day Four: Blizzard Beach
August Day Five: Magic Kingdom Extra Extra Magic Hours and Departure
August Day Five: Magic Kingdom Extra Extra Magic Hours and Departure (cont’d)
August Day Five: Magic Kingdom Extra Extra Magic Hours and Departure (conclusion)
Wrap Up and Final Thoughts

Last edited:
Wow, I'm first! :cool1:

I'm so excited to read about BOTH of your trips! :goodvibes

Joining in too!
I read your post on EEMH and it looks like it was an amazing day... can’t wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
I understand the part about planning an earlier than expected trip... you feel like you are doing this once-in-a-lifetime thing at first, but then you are HOOKED and need to plan another trip ASAP!

Following, I really enjoyed your recent report and I look forward to reading this report. You girls are so cute! My daughter and I are doing a girls trip in September to go to MNSSHP and can't wait to read about your party night..

Glad to see that you survived. I saw how at the end of August, Walt Disney World could feel like you are on the sun. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip :)

I'm late to the party, but can't wait to hear all about it!

I really enjoyed your last TR, so glad to have another to read! We are very familiar with the about-face from “not going back for 5 years” to “lets go in a few months!” :)

Yeah ! Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!

I just added a day to my Nov Universal trip to go to MVMCP so get it .

Can't wait to read your report! Really excited to hear your thoughts on this year's MNSSHP :)

Joining in! I enjoyed reading your first TR, and am looking forward to reading this one :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter