We are here Live Report

Sounds like you are having a great time now.
You will be please to know that apart from last saturday Aberdeen and the shire have had thick fog and dirzzle everyday since last week. :sad1:

I'll take rain at WDW any day over this.

I'll second that! :thumbsup2
I need to be psychic on my drive from Stoney to Dyce as the fog is so thick....:rotfl:

stoneyloon said:
I'll second that! :thumbsup2
I need to be psychic on my drive from Stoney to Dyce as the fog is so thick....:rotfl:

starrysky said:
Sounds like you are having a great time now.
You will be please to know that apart from last saturday Aberdeen and the shire have had thick fog and dirzzle everyday since last week. :sad1:

I'll take rain at WDW any day over this.

Thank you both. Though that the Shire was supposed to get good weather for the first 2 weeks in July.

Just caught up with this live report! Looks like your all having a great time despite the weather

Thank you both. Though that the Shire was supposed to get good weather for the first 2 weeks in July.

Sadly not and we are on a weather warning for heavy rain friday and saturday.

I'm looking out my office window in westhill and its thick fog rolling in and out. Not rainning for the moment.

And Stoneyloon we were the same driving home the other night from town to westhill thank god we know the road well.

Hijacking the thread slightly here, but didnt realise there were so many NE Scotlanders on here. I'm a Huntly girly originally but in Edinburgh now!!

In other news, LOVING the live trip report and the food reviews :cool1: Looking forward to the next installment.

Hijacking the thread slightly here, but didnt realise there were so many NE Scotlanders on here. I'm a Huntly girly originally but in Edinburgh now!!

In other news, LOVING the live trip report and the food reviews :cool1: Looking forward to the next installment.

Yes there seems to be a fair few of us. I'm out in westhill.

Tuesday 3 July

After breakfast we head to EPCOT. Robyn has high hopes of getting the Character Spot with Mickey, Donald and co today.
We are at the gates for 8.40 and let in promptly at 8.45. There is no longer a ceremony at rope drop but a welcome at the gate.
First stop I grab FP for Soarin before we all head on to ride the attraction . Then it is off to the Character Spot. A tour party has just joined the line and while showing 35mins we know that with all the individual photos this will take way longer .
So there is nothing else for it but to sign up for astronaut training and complete our mission to Mars.
Then we join the crew looking for Nemo on the clamshells.
The Character Spot time has extended so we write this off for a future visit.

We spend a bit of time in Innoventions before deciding to have an early lunch in Mexico. We have a fine selection of the items available. The others decide that we can get 2 churros for dessert and then the troops will have 3 popsicles to share. Morgan decides to try the mango/chilli while Jack and Robyn stay with the safe choice of lime.
I manage to video three of our reactions to the mango/chilli. Sadly Morgan's and Diane's would have made better viewing. The Popsicle is just nasty. If you want to have fun with your party get one and see their reaction ;)

We call it a day in the afternoon and head up to Best Buy as I am on a mission to get a decent iPad case. After this we have a quick scouting trip in the Florida Mall for tomorrows shopping trip.

Tonight's ADR is another change from the original plan. We were going to try Sc-Fi Diner. The reviews seem to be mixed but I though the troops would enjoy this. However I booked Olivia's on Sunday as this would give us a chance to go to the pool in the evening.
We had a great meal using 4TS credits. Jack picked the Prime Rib (medium/rare) which is the best choice of the night. Morgan the New York Strip (medium/rare), Diane the Pork Chop and Robyn/myself the Ribs. Morgan and Jack have the berry smoothie which is available on the dining plan but is not refillable. For desserts Diane and Jack - bread banana pudding, Morgan - key lime pie, Robyn - flourless chocolate cake. I have a coffee :)
Our server was excellent and spent time explaining the menu and made suggestions for our party.

After time waiting for our food to settle we headed to the pool. Jack was just about to put a foot into the pool when the lifeguards closed it due to an advancing storm.

The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and watching the dancing lightening in the sky.

Yay for more fun updates! Loving this Live TR malarky!

I really like Tokyo Dining but I too am a BIG sushi fan and OMG the service is some of the best on property - but not if you are looking for a leisurely meal. I really like their Bento boxes, tempura and their steak isn't bad either!

Good review on Olivias for dinner - we may end up doing this ... or not .... I've had breakkie and lunch there but not dinner. We're staying here on our next trip so it could be possible that we end up dining there.

I love lightening storms but not if I was just about to get in the pool!!

I can't way to hear about your shopping trip ... one of my favourite past-times

Olivia's sounded very nice - haven't been there for years, but I wish I had time to go there next time now...

Wednesday 4 July

Today is our shopping day.

For those men that think I have gone soft in the head, I should explain.
I don't dislike shopping. However if it is not for tech then I tolerate it ;)
So as long as the shopping takes a logical route through the store I can deal with it.
However Jack and I are usually relegated to bag and chair duty!

To help with the sleep deprivation we opt for a late start rather than EMH at AK before shopping.
Once breakfast and makeup etc are sorted we are on route to Floria Mall. We get to the shops on time for 10.05am.
Hollister and Abercrombie are the first stops . Followed by the shoe store Journeys.
We had originally planned to use CS credits back a Earl of Sandwich. However it does not make sense to travel back just for lunch. So we lunch instead at the Florida Mall which is a DS favourite.
The haul by lunchtime is 4 Hollister bags, 2 Abercrombie bags, 2 pair of high tops from Journeys and a few selections from Hot Topic

After lunch it is time to set the route for Prime outlets off International Drive. Although we (the shoppers) look hard through Vans, Converse, Crocs, Uggs, Adidas we leave here empty handed.
My only purchase is $30 of gas.

Back at OKW it is the sad duty of starting to pack the cases. Being honest I have the important duty of checking the iPad so my contribution to packing is a great big zero ;)

We drive to DTD as we have an ADR for Raglan Road tonight. It is an early reservation at 5.20 but I thought it would be worth trying.
Our server is great though thankfully not overbearing.
Drinks are little surprise from our past performance - Morgan, Diane and me - Water, Robyn - Lemonade, Jack - fresh Orange Juice.
For tonight's meal there is a tie as to who bags the best course. The entree is my success in the Mixed Grill, Jack has the 10oz Sirloin, Diane the chicken curry, Morgan/Robyn the Heavenly Ham. For desserts Diane scores a winner with the Bread and Butter pudding, while Morgan and Jack settle for the chocolate cake, Robyn the Pavlova and me a coffee.
We noticed that quite a few diners did not cope with the noise of Ragan Road. However if you go expect the ambience of. Pub you will have a great time.
My plan next time (if this happens) would be not to drive and have either a Guinness or a flight sampler.
This so far has been our cheapest ADR on the DDP but is up there with the others.

To work off the calories we wander around DTD and after shopping in World of Disney end up in Goofy's Candy Co. We manage to spent a few snack credits and have saved $60.

OKW is bedecked in red, white and blue today so because of previous disappointments we agree that tonight is a pool night.
Jack, Robyn and I enjoy the evening I the heated water at the main pool.

The decision is made that we will watch the fireworks from our balcony rather than go to the parks.
We manage to watch Hollywood Studios fireworks at 9.30 followed by Illuminations at 10.00.
There really is something special about 4th July fireworks :)

Diane is now totally sold and says we should request 6224 for our next visit if we do OKW ;)

Sounds like your making the most of every second.
The Pavlova at Raglan Road is DDs favourite dessert of all time.She said it was even better than my Lemon Scented Cheesecake at Citricos:p
It sound amazing to watch all those fireworks from your balcony:goodvibes

Can't wait to eat at Raglan rd again. Bread and Butter pud is one of my fave desserts ever, even better, as in the pic, washed down with a pint of Guiness. I will take the boat I think. :goodvibes

Mixed grill
P1060952Medium.jpg

Bread and butter pud :cloud9:
P1060955Medium.jpg

Glad you liked raglan rd - it's a must do for us.

Is our first days adr in October - MK in the morning, swim then boat to Raglan Rd from OKW.

Going to RR for the first time in Oct - we're meeting DD's schoolfriend and her mum for dinner there - I hope the noise doesn't put them off (I'll be fine - I'm used to noisy pubs) :goodvibes

Going to RR for the first time in Oct - we're meeting DD's schoolfriend and her mum for dinner there - I hope the noise doesn't put them off (I'll be fine - I'm used to noisy pubs) :goodvibes

I have not been to a pub in years but we enjoyed the buzz.
However noticed at least 2 families asking to be moved to somewhere quieter. We were not even in the main bit where the stage was at, but off to the side where there is access to the outside tables.

even thought RR can be loud there are quite areas, we like the stage area,as the noise not an issue.Do they still do Irish dancing on the stage?
On the shopping i belive that the inbuilt sat nav(if they have one) in women if automatically turned off as soon as they walk into a shop,as they are unable to walk in a straight line.they seam to just walk around in circles.and unable to go from A-B without picking something up and heading to a till
Paul

Thursday 5 July 2012

This is our last full day at Disney so we decided to do EMH morning at Magic Kingdom. I take the blame that this is not as good as billed as only Fantasyland is open. We still have to queue to get into Frontierland just before 9.
In Fantasyland we chalk off Peter Pan and relax while everyone is rushing between rides.

Then we queue at rope drop over at Liberty Square entrance and decide to do Haunted Mansion first. After HM the others head for BTM and fast passes for Splash Mountain. I head to Town Sq to queue for the Princesses with Robyn . Our line says 30 mins but we are 55 mins ! The others don't fare any better. Splash is down so Big Thunder Mountain has a long line.
We had arranged to meet at Buzz but as we are so long Diane, Morgan and Jack have already ridden Buzz.

Thankfully they have picked up FP for Space Mountain so we can go on this later eg within 10

We pick up FP for Buzz later and afterwards go for lunch to Pinocchio Haus as the new flatbread choice makes this a family favourite.

The park is really busy now so we meander down Main St and spent 20 snack credits at Goofy Candy Co. The CM from Liverpool (Becky) says that many guests are spending credits this way.

The troops decide to enjoy our last full day at OKW and we head to the pool. The weather is near 100F so the water is welcoming

After packing the cases (boo hoo) it is time to drive to EPCOT. We have a 6pm ADR for San Angel Inn. We have a great server but decide that this is probably the worst meal of the trip. The beef tenderloin is not a good piece of meat and we do this twice. I can post up photos later but it is fair to say that I heard Teppan Edo a few times during this meal.
Thankfully we chalk off the EPCOT Character spot for Robyn after supper.

We thought about Illuminations at the park but the appeal at the room is too great .

The do not disturb sign is on the door so we can enjoy the last of OKW tomorrow :)

Boo Hoo time to come home I HATE that moment. Still at least the weather warmed up 100F is pretty good going.

I'm impressed at the amount of snack credits you have we never seem to have any left over. By the time we've got a couple of cold drinks during the day and a funnel cake or two we've used our 4 SC a day without any problems :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter