We Ate and Ate, Days 4-6

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
Just to review: We are a group of 4. Me-40 yo mom, DD1-9 yo, DD2-13 yo, DD best friend-13 yo. (We were traveling with another family, but I'm not reviewing their meals.)

Day 4
Slept in from E Ride and skipped breakfast.

Lunch-Pepper Market
13 yo DD and I shared chicken fajitas with rice and black beans, BF had chicken quesadilla, 9 yo DD had kids pasta. We had 4 cokes and the younger DD ended up with chocolate ice cream. I like the layout of Pepper Market with the different food stations. We had time to look at all the selections offered and then make our choices. The fajitas were very good and plenty to share for lunch. DD's best friend thought the chicken quesadilla was very good, but couldn't finish it all. Younger DD must have liked her pasta because she ate it all. We did have to ask for more sauce to be added to her pasta, though. The chocolate ice cream she had was soft serve and HUGE. It is was big enough for two. What I don't like about Pepper Market is the servers and the 10% tip added. I am perfectly capable of getting my own drinks. Our server barely even noticed we were there! The total was $47.

Dinner-'Ohana
We LOVE this restaurant! We arrived about 10 minutes prior to PS and checked in. The place was mobbed! I was worried that we would have a long wait even with the PS, but we were seated promptly at 7:00. The food is just wonderful and there is enough to satisfy everyone. Our favorites are the sticky wings, salad, wontons, and shrimp. We would have liked more pineapple bread, but yet again, the service was lacking. The meats were very tender and the shrimp was delicious. I like the peanut dipping sauce the best. The caramel sauce for the pineapple seems to have been thinned a good bit since our last visit. It was good, but not as good as when it was thick. I had a Sand in Your Pants drink and the other person traveling with us had the Lapu Lapu. WOW! The alcohol was very evident in both those drinks! Total for 3 adults and 1 child was $94. We will be back in December.

Day 5
Lunch-Columbia Harbour House. This is one of our favorite counter services. My DDs had the Captain's Special with fish and chicken. Again, one had carrots and one had fries. My DD's BF had the chicken strip basket with fries. I had the Garden Galley Salad. The salad had lots of fresh greens, very tasty grilled chicken, feta cheese, walnuts, and a sweet dressing. I think there was too much dressing because it really pooled up in the bottom of the bowl. However, the salad really was good and refreshing for such a hot day. We had one large drink and then got ice for a can drink. Total-$30.

Snack-Ice Cream Parlor (again)
This time there were plenty of cookies, so older DD and I shared an ice cream sandwich. Her friend had another coke float and younger DD had single scoop cookies and cream. The ice cream sandwich may be one of the best deals on Disney property. It was very, very large and plenty for two of us to share. At $3.49, I thought it was a good deal.

Dinner-Patisserie (sp?)-Epcot
We love the Patisserie and always try to eat here at least once a trip. We had three ham and cheese sandwiches, one fruit and cheese plate, one mousee, and 1 caramel souffle. I like that the sandwiches come with butter to spread rather than mayo. It just makes it different. The fruit and cheese selection is very nice, too. The mousse was delicious, but the souffle was one of the worst desserts I have ever had. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was awful. I won't waste that $4.oo again! The total for the sandwiches, cheese plate, and 2 desserts was $30.

Snack-The kids had Kaki Gori while waiting for Illuminations. They are so good and refreshing in the heat. The shaved ice just melts in your mouth. Don't get the Kiwi, though. The flavor wasn't strong enough.

Day 6
Lunch-Liberty Inn. We really didn't plan on eating in Epcot, but the other group we were with was hungry so stopped here. If I had planned on eating at Epcot, it wouldn't have been here. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I can get hot dogs anywhere! Anyway, 1 kid's hot dog, 3 adult hot dogs, 2 drinks was $26. Nothing special and we won't waste a dining trip here again. Kids got Kaki Gori again as we headed home.

Dinner-Mama Melrose's
Again, one of our favorite restaurants. The quality of the food, the quantity, atmosphere, and price make it just right for us. Older DD, her BF, and I shared 2 flatbreads: 4 cheese and the pepperoni. We also had a ceasar salad to share. The salad is just excellent and the dressing perfect. The flatbreads are delicious and crispy. Nothing is too overpowering. My younger DD had the kid's penne with tomato sauce. The sauce is great and perfect for the kids. Again, we had to ask for extra sauce. The bread they serve with dinner is rather bland, but the sauces help a bit. The sundried tomato sauce is very rich and sweet. The argula pesto is light. Again, our service was very lacking. Total for the four of us was $38.92. Everyone left full and happy.

Thanks for sharing in great detail. It is heartening to see that we share the same taste in foods and will be frequenting a lot of the same restaurants next week. ::MickeyMo

I was glad to read that the food at Ohana was good - even if the service was lacking we will be there in a couple of weeks.

I enjoyed reading your reviews!

So glad I read your post! Like you, we LOVE Columbia Harbour House...and LOVE Mama Melrose. Although we love the Disney atmosphere, Mama Melrose is always like a little oasis in the middle of the dessert...a little escape to kind of get away from the barrage of Mickey-Minnie stuff!
Also glad to hear about Ohana. We are trying it this fall. For the most part it gets very, very favorable reviews from most of the comments I see. But there is a faction that doesn't like it at all.....doesn't seem to be any in between with this place! We just love to read more and more good stuff, because I don't want to cancel....but sometimes the negative stuff makes me wonder.

Butter anytime is yummy! On sandwiches, it is very European and British!

Thanks for the great reviews!!!

--penny

Thanks for the reviews.

We enjoy Columbia Harbour House, too. It's such a relaxing place to have lunch.

Thanks again for more reviews - we're also looking forward to trying Columbia Harbor House & Mama Melrose's in Sept - :)

Thanks for the reviews. I always get that same salad at Columbia Harbour House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter