We got our luggage tags, but my SIL didn't...

hcox31

DIS Veteran
We are in side by side staterooms on our upcoming cruise. We received our booklet with tags, my sister in law didn't. We won't use all 8 tags they sent us. I suppose she could just use the ones we aren't using? She just needs her port arrival form from the checkin right?

We are in side by side staterooms on our upcoming cruise. We received our booklet with tags, my sister in law didn't. We won't use all 8 tags they sent us. I suppose she could just use the ones we aren't using? She just needs her port arrival form from the checkin right?

Just because your rooms are side-by-side doesn't mean that her docs will arrive the same day yours does. They may still come, give it a few days.

I'm confused... Are you leaving tomorrow? Or did yours come in the mail today and hers did not?

Unless tomorrow is boarding day, hers may still come.

If it is, I'd guess she could use yours - but her bags would be delivered to your cabin. Probably easier to use the tags the porters will have available.

And yes. Well, that and her ID.

our documents came two weeks ago. My parents (our third cabin) got theirs two weeks ago too. We don't leave for 3, and I'm not panicked as they could still arrive, but the thought of my SIL using our unused luggage tags just popped into my mind.

our documents came two weeks ago. My parents (our third cabin) got theirs two weeks ago too. We don't leave for 3, and I'm not panicked as they could still arrive, but the thought of my SIL using our unused luggage tags just popped into my mind.

You could always call to track the tags and booklet to see when it was sent and to what address. The number is the same for all things DCL, but you would enter at the prompt for flight and luggage tags information. M-F from 8 AM to 5 PM

The only thing actually useful in the document binder is the luggage tags, and even then, you don't *need* the tags -- the porters are well-equipped to add the necessary tags at the port terminal.

Last edited:
The only thing actually useful in the document binder is the luggage tags, and even then, you don't *need* the tags -- the porters are well-equipped to add the necessary tags at the port terminal.

This! I hope your family gets their docs packet, simply because it is so exciting to have in hand! I'm hoping for my docs any time in the next week or so, and I am like a little kid, excited to see each day if they arrived! :love: And I am a Platinum cruiser. :D

This! I hope your family gets their docs packet, simply because it is so exciting to have in hand! I'm hoping for my docs any time in the next week or so, and I am like a little kid, excited to see each day if they arrived! :love: And I am a Platinum cruiser. :D

I have a friend sailing on August 31 and another sailing on September 3rd. They got theirs Saturday. :) It should be no time at all now.

I know exactly what you mean. My family too are platinum members and each upcoming trip feels like the first one.
My bag tags too did not arrive on time ( actually I found them lying around the house after having spoken to customer service). I called customer service and they informed me that they were mailed out. I told them that I really wanted another set as we had 2 rooms. He told me that it would cost $50 for each room to have them reprinted. I didn't care as we were heading to the Med cruise last July 7. Foreign ports are not as efficient as our own in Port Canaveral. At the end he did not charge us due to our status.

14 days out??? YIKES. :crazy2: That's like making a kid wait an extra week or two for Christmas! :santa:

You are not kidding! I called at 21 days out and they told me they had been sent out 1 week before that. So I waited another week...still no book. Called again at 14 days and they had them to me the next day via Fed Ex. lol :)
Then there was the time I got them AFTER the cruise... which I was surprised I even got them since I had booked 6 days before sailing. hehe.

Another time I got them exactly at 14 days without calling...I just figured I would get them or not get them.

You are not kidding! I called at 21 days out and they told me they had been sent out 1 week before that. So I waited another week...still no book. Called again at 14 days and they had them to me the next day via Fed Ex. lol :)
Then there was the time I got them AFTER the cruise... which I was surprised I even got them since I had booked 6 days before sailing. hehe.

Another time I got them exactly at 14 days without calling...I just figured I would get them or not get them.

Wow. Wow. And wow again! I thought this September sailing that I didn't book until later in May was "last minute"! :laughing:

Wow. Wow. And wow again! I thought this September sailing that I didn't book until later in May was "last minute"! :laughing:

The 6 day before cruise was the shortest notice we have ever done and the longest we have booked out is for October 2019...which I booked on opening platinum day this year. lol

The 6 day before cruise was the shortest notice we have ever done and the longest we have booked out is for October 2019...which I booked on opening platinum day this year. lol

Nothing to do with this post, but I was looking at your signature of cruises - what does H, D, S mean? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter