We have both kinds of music: country AND western...

Lord Manhammer

DIS Veteran
So I have been listening to more country music lately as my wife loves it. I just never was exposed to it, but I'm really liking it so I'm building a Spotify playlist. Those of you who like country, what are my "must haves" on the playlist?

PS Bonus points for anyone who can name the movie quote above without googling it...

tumblr_p8v445bAdc1x6lumfo1_500.gif

Country music: if it's the real stuff and not what they call country music these days, I'd start with:
Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
George Jones
George Strait
Alan Jackson
Hank Williams
Hank Williams Jr.
Patsy Cline
Tammy Wynette
Loretta Lynn
Willie Nelson
Waylon Jennings
Agreed. Pretty good list.

As someone who lived in Willamson County TN for many years (look it up)...Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Billy Ray, NOT Jason Aldean - conceited jerk, Tim mcGraw....outside of my homestead...Keith Urban, George Straight..

i'm not a huge country listener but i have a playlist for when i'm in the mood for it, here are some of my favorites:
  • heads carolina, tails california - jo dee messina
  • how forever feels - kenny chesney
  • drive (for daddy gene) - alan jackson
  • carrying your love with me - george straight
  • gettin' you home - chris young
  • the night the lights went out in georgia - reba mcentire
  • she's got it all - kenny chesney

I am seeing some really good artists so far. I'll throw in a few more oldies and some newer ones =

Alabama
Don Williams
Brooks and Dunn
Cody Jinks
Cody Johnson
Garth Brooks
Dwight Yoakam
Kenny Chesney - mentioned once already
Kenny Wayne Shepard - little more Southern Rock, Blues
Zac Brown Band
Chris Stapleton solo /band The SteelDrivers
Luke Combs

Native Texan here and not a country music fan. Oddly, I worked for years at a country radio station because hey, work is work.

That said, Willie is in a league all his own. I honestly don't consider him country but more the sound of Old Austin. I grew up listening to Willie every day as my dad was a huge fan.

Even though I'm not a country fan, some songs are definitely better than others. I two-stepped to Neon Moon with my husband the other night at a wedding. That's just a great song to snuggle up to.

As someone who lived in Willamson County TN for many years (look it up)...Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Billy Ray, NOT Jason Aldean - conceited jerk, Tim mcGraw....outside of my homestead...Keith Urban, George Straight..
Yea. I was going to add some of these but I wasn’t sure if we were going modern or traditional

Born and raised in the SF Bay Area and somehow country is my favorite music. I'm one of those old millenials but I really don't listen to much newer than about 1997. SiriusXM Prime Country is my jam. Some absolute greats that haven't been mentioned:

1. Conway Twitty
2. Keith Whitley
3. Shenandoah (pre-bankruptcy)
4. Sawyer Brown
5. Collin Raye
6. TG Sheppard
7. Paul Overstreet
8. Ronnie Milsap
9. Diamond Rio
10. The Judds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter