We just closed on our OKW Contract Tuesday! Now...

JT's World

There is no such thing as too much Disney World
We closed on our resale contract for 175 pts at OKW on Tuesday! The official DVC membership is only days away. We can't wait until we get into DVC's computer system.

We have a cash reservation for POR (annual pass discount...imagine that Annual Passholders finally ending up being enticed by DVC), checking in on Sept. 28 and checking out Oct.2nd. I am hoping that we might have a chance to book a studio if there are any available and really celebrate our new DVC membership.

Please wish us luck on finding an available studio on such short notice. Otherwise I'll have to start planning additional ways to spend our points.

:cool1:

I take it you did not take advantage of the free dining promotion? It's going on during your dates.

Sending pixie dust - hope you are able to get a studio for your dates!

C O N G R A T U L AT I O N S! W E L C O M E H O M E!

Congratulations and Welcome Home :)

And welcome to our little community on the DIS!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

May you be blessed with lot of pixie dust!

Congratulations and WELCOME HOME!!!

Lots of luck and pixie dust on finding a studio :wizard:
welcom8.gif
HOME !!! :wave:

JT's World......
Just read this on the Orlando boards :
DH, DD age 5 and I were planning to go to WDW for a weekend as we had free air travel. We chose 9/30-10/2 as that was the only time we could get the flights we wanted. But there are no hotels available on property except for Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas, Old Key West and Saratoga.
You might just be in luck and have a choice with your first trip home ----let us know how you make out :banana:

We checked today and we are not yet in DVC's system. We will try again on Monday. I hope that the info you attached was correct and there still are some openings for our dates.

Thanks!

But there are no hotels available on property except for Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas, Old Key West and Saratoga.

Sounds like these rooms are through CRO, not MS. It is different inventory. Nevertheless, if CRO has rooms left maybe MS will also. Good luck and Welcome Home!

Sounds like these rooms are through CRO, not MS. It is different inventory.
Very good point Jekjones......I'm hoping MS does have some availability though. The OP could always call MS and I'm sure they'd list any and all availability. Seems kind of a waste to let those rooms go by unrented when Members are looking, but I guess those are the rules. Sending pixie dust to the OP :wizard:

I finally got the answer that I have been waiting for from Member services: "Yes, we have you in our system."

We purchased our OKW contract by way of resale and we actually got through ROFR faster (1 week) that it took to go from Closing until "in the system" at DVC (2 weeks). Regardless, we are now fully DVC members!

Also, I was able to book very short notice reservations for a studio at Saratoga Springs for Sept. 28th to Oct. 2nd. We are looking forward to our first DVC stay. :cool1: We would have enjoyed ourselves anyway if we had kept our original reservations at POR, but it would have driven us crazy to be new DVC members and not stay at one of the DVC resorts.

Thanks for all the comments. I really enjoy the support and answers to questions that I can find on the DIS boards.

JT's World says : Also, I was able to book very short notice reservations for a studio at Saratoga Springs for Sept. 28th to Oct. 2nd. We are looking forward to our first DVC stay.
Yeah :cheer2: I'm glad you were able to get a DVC unit on such short notice. Have a great stay !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter