We left a few items onboard :(

Dis_Mom

Earning My Ears
We left a few pieces of clothing hanging in the closet on the Oct 22 out of San Diego. I reached out to cruise lost and found and they said it would be weeks before they knew if they found it. They said they were based in Florida. How does this even work when this ship is on the west coast? Will they mail everything to Florida just to have me pay to have it shipped back to San Diego? Normally I would not even care but it is an irreplaceable castaway key button up shirt and a Disneyland sprit jersey.

I once left a jacket hanging in the closet of the Dream. I realized it while still at the port and of course was not allowed to go back onboard to get it. I stopped at the L&F and around a week later it arrived at my house. They were great.

oh I hope it works out like that. I am just so confused why they wont let me pick it up in San Diego and instead want to sent it to Florida.

oh I hope it works out like that. I am just so confused why they wont let me pick it up in San Diego and instead want to sent it to Florida.
Well, chances are you won't be able to "Pick it up", but it should be mailed to you directly. Typically it can take upwards of on or 2 weeks for things to show up, if they're going to.

Probably because DCL doesn't have a "home" terminal or permanent offices at San Diego and lost-and-found is located at the Port Canaveral terminal. Plus the last cruise out of San Diego until sometime next spring leaves at the end of this week. Even with cruises out of Port Canaveral, it can take a couple of weeks for the items to make it to shore.

I left a kindle in the bedside drawer one cruise... immediately realized when I was on the bus but it was "never found". I've always wondered how many items actually make it home after that - I'm glad to hear my case was a one off!

My husband left his wedding ring on the glass bathroom shelf in our stateroom once. We realized it at the airport after debarkation. I called DCL and they said it would be offloaded after the following sailing and sent to shoreside. They shipped it back to us within about two weeks, if I recall correctly.

One of our pieces of luggage (left them outside the room the night before) didn't make it off the ship in Vancouver and took an extra Alaskan cruise without us, lol. We filled out the paperwork and it got shipped to us within 2 weeks. They also gave us the Florida spiel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter