We lost a gifted song writer last week.....*sound*

Dan Murphy

We are family.
<embed src=http://www.dmurphydis.com/music/0tn.mid hidden=true loop=2 autostart=TRUE height=0 width=0></EMBED>
<center>
smokies4.jpg
</center>

You may not know the name, but, you do know the songs. Felice Bryant, who wrote some of the most popular songs in the history of Rock & Roll and Country music with her husband Boudleaux Bryant, died last week at her home in Gatlinburg, Tennessee from cancer. She was 77 years of age.

Take a look at the bottom of this linked article and see if you can hum some of her many songs. including Tennessee's state and the Tennessee Vols fight song, Rocky Top, co-written with her husband, Boudleaux.

When our family took an RV trip to the Smokies in '86, we can home humming and singing Rocky Top for months.
party-smiley-052.gif
We still recall that trip as one of our very best family trips, we think in part to her wonderful song, one of Felice's legacies. Thanks for your many happy songs, Felice.
music-smiley-016.gif
<center>

News article--click here

Is your foot tapping yet???
party-smiley-018.gif

fbryant1.jpg

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top,
down in the Tennessee hills;
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top;
Ain't no telephone bills;
Once I had a girl on Rocky Top;
Half bear, other half cat;
Wild as a mink, but sweet as soda pop,
I still dream about that;

Chorus

Rocky Top, you'll always be
home sweet home to me;
Good ol' Rocky Top;
Rocky Top, Tennessee;
Rocky Top, Tennessee.

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top,
lookin' for a moonshine still;
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top;
Reckon they never will;
Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top;
Dirt's too rocky by far;
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
get their corn from a jar;

Chorus

Rocky Top, you'll always be
home sweet home to me;
Good ol' Rocky Top;
Rocky Top, Tennessee;
Rocky Top, Tennessee.

</center>

As a confirmed UT Vols fan, I knew that Felice Bryant and her husband had written Rocky Top, but I wasn't aware of her other songs. Wake Up Little Susie and Bye Bye Love are both favorite songs of mine. She was a great lady and will be missed.

Thanks for posting this, Dan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter