We made a wish and believed and believed And voilà: Disneyland Hotel! Pre Trip Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Pre-TR - You are here!
Day One
Day Two (The Engagement!)
Day Three
Day Four

-----------------------------------

Hey Guys, I know this is pretty early, but I'm just getting waaaay too excited! So I thought I may as well do the earliest PreTR ever!

The Trip:

We go Sunday 18th– Wednesday 21st January 2009. Travelling by Eurostar from St Pancras and are staying at the Disneyland Hotel!! (Hence the name of this trip, as I’ve dreamed of staying there for the last 13 years!)

The Cast:

princess: Me (Torsie) 23: Disney-a-holic.

Favourite Land: Mainstreet USA (Nowhere else can give me quite the same feeling)
Favourite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain
Favourite Character: Daisy (It is this trip’s mission to have my photo and a hug with her!)
Favourite Restaurant: Café Mickey (although last time I was so excited I ate nothing!)
Favourite Film: Enchanted

:charac4: DBf (Jack) 23: A Disney (especially Pixar) fan and he does cope pretty well with my obsession

Favourite Land: Fantasyland or Frontierland (he can’t decide)
Favourite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain
Favourite Character: Don’t laugh but I asked Jack who the best Character to meet would be and he says - based on photos – Marie from Aristocats
Favourite Restaurant: Walt’s – he’s having the Gourmet burger next time!
Favourite Film: I can’t pin him down on one – Nemo, Wall-E, Tarzan, Robin Hood.

The Plan:

As it’s going to be quiet season I won’t be making dinner reservations in advance and don’t really have any grand plans (unlike our previous trip!!) but here is my rough outline……..

First day will be just getting off Eurostar and enjoying checking into the DLH  I also have to see the Parade and Candlebration on our first day! I doubt we’ll visit the studios that day. As I’ll be way too excited about the Magic Kingdom and seeing the castle again! Also it’s the last day that Phantom Manor is open before it shuts for a refurb so we’ll probably get a couple of rides in.

Stuff I want to do:

Stich Live! (Missed it last time and now I’m sad)
Animagique (Ditto) – [Edit: I just fond out it’s shut during our stay!!!:(]
Mickey’s winter wonderland show
The tour of the Magic Kingdom Park
Also we missed a couple of Studios rides (cars, magic carpets) so we’ll be doing them. And Jack says he wants to go on Autopia so if there’s a small queue then maybe we’ll do that too.

Also a trip wouldn’t be a trip without a lot of rides on BTM, Buzz, POTC and IASW.  And although I screamed my head off and shook for about 2 hours after I got off, I am going to see if I can give Tower of Terror a couple more goes as it really is the best themed ride at DLP! Also lots of rides on Space Mountain:2 and Rock’n’Rollercoaster will be in order as they’re both great fun and for some reason we only went on RnR once last trip. :confused3:

I want to eat at:

California Grill
Inventions
Walts

[Edit: Seeing how Walt's menu has changed dramatically since last trip, we may go see Buffalo Bills...not sure yet.]

And seeing how the characters go at Inventions maybe Café Mickey for lunch on our last day. 

I want to buy:

Some of the canvas prints from the Disney gallery in the village for my new house.
A Disney themed shower curtain. J
A cuddly Donald to match the Daisy I got last trip.
Piano books – especially Enchanted music!
Discounted Christmas decorations/cards if there are any on sale.
A calendar for our kitchen.
And will probably go a bit mad in Lilly’s boutique getting housey stuff. J

I will also be taking lots of obscure photos for the February quiz!! Mwa haa haaa!

I am most excited about our EMH’s as we won’t have to wait at bag check so can hopefully re-create our ‘Main Street to ourselves photos’ from the summer.

I’m sure I’ll be adding to this TR, but I just couldn’t wait anymore to post it!!! Eeeeee.

lol torsie - r u excited?????

dont blame u - staying in dlh will be magical - cant wait for all ur pics!!!

sounds like u have a good plan there, and hopefully daisy will be still doin a meet n greet in studios (like i hope she will for our trip!!!)

Wow, sounds like a good plan! I go the week before you and we're staying at the DLH too!!! I am almost hysterical with excitement. I'll be sure to let you know just how great it is! lol
I've just bought my DD an Enchanted nightie from the Disney Store for Christmas - she loves Giselle.:cloud9: Mainly because she thinks she looks like her.;)

Sounds like a great plan! Were going to the same places to eat as you too!:goodvibes

Disney shower curtain??? I want one!!!:yay:

Sounds great :thumbsup2 and looks like you've got your shopping list all mapped out too lol. You did confuse me a bit though with your dates ;) (doesn't take much to be honest lol).

sounds fab and very well organised ... I bet you're just counting down the days :goodvibes

We met Daisy and Donald last month and they were such good fun, hope you get to meet Daisy when you're there.

Have fun counting down the days :)

Sounds great :thumbsup2 and looks like you've got your shopping list all mapped out too lol. You did confuse me a bit though with your dates ;) (doesn't take much to be honest lol).
Eeee- lol, I wish I was going for that long!!

That's where I'm still confused from our original Eurostar dates being cancelled!!

Will change it now!!

Favourite Character: Don’t laugh but I asked Jack who the best Character to meet would be and he says - based on photos – Marie from Aristocats

Sorry, but I am going to laugh at that!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Awww.... Cuddly Donald... I wish I'd got one.... For some reason I've become very fond of that duck! :sad2:

Bob xoxoxoxox

wow you are so excited i love it. i will be like that too once it gets closer lol. maybe i should start my pre trip lol.
i know what you mean about main street. i love it there too and its my moms faveourite

Awwwww, I'd love to meet Marie - she's lovely :love:
We love The Aristocats! :thumbsup2

Great plan Torsie, lots of things to do but it'll be a quiet time so hopefully you'll get to do everything.

Enjoy and keep warm!

You'll have a wonderful time. I'd love to see Marie too, never seen her. We did at least get to see Clarice the chipmunk this time in the Studios, which is probably your best bet for Daisy too.

As you just replied on my TR I saw your ticker for your DLH trip and so I read this Pre-TR.

Please don't shoot the messenger but I have sad news for your BF. Walt's Gourmet Burger is not on the Menu of Walt's anymore.

We were shocked when we saw this in November. First they cut of Cinderellas Slipper and now Walt's Burger.

But the restaurant is still great and worth every Cent.

As you just replied on my TR I saw your ticker for your DLH trip and so I read this Pre-TR.

Please don't shoot the messenger but I have sad news for your BF. Walt's Gourmet Burger is not on the Menu of Walt's anymore.

We were shocked when we saw this in November. First they cut of Cinderellas Slipper and now Walt's Burger.

But the restaurant is still great and worth every Cent.
Thanks Marcus, I was very upset when I found this out a couple of weeks ago.

I think we may go to buffalo bills instead though....

Just not sure if it's our kinda thing..

Thanks Marcus, I was very upset when I found this out a couple of weeks ago.

I think we may go to buffalo bills instead though....

Just not sure if it's our kinda thing..

Dh refuses to go to Buffalo Bill's because he's read on here so many reports of the food not being very good. I think the kids would love it though so when we've got HB premium I'd quite like to go...don't think I'm likely to persuade him though unless someone can give me 200 reports of it being gourmet food!

You had a great plan! Especially the shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter