We need all the help we can get!!

momof2kids

Earning My Ears
Hi there. We are planning our first trip to DW, Yippeeee!!!! I cannot wait. Our question is, We are planning on going Jan 2004, I do relize that this is a ways out, but I am a new at all of this. I have found a condo. I know that we want to do everything, Universal, Sea World, Kennedy, and of course everything at DW. This is our trip of a life time. DH does not like to travel a great deal. When we get him there he has a ball, So I need to make this as special as I can, I do relize that school is a problem with a middle school child. And the schools look down on taking them out for vacations. I know they learn more when they are having fun vs staying in a boring classroom.
There are 4 of us. Myself, DH, DS13, DD11, We are thinking of going down early, Taking part of Christmas break, Leaving maybe the 29-31, not going to DW, or Universal, due to the crowds, but maybe doing some of the other stuff. Sea World, or Kennedy, any thoughts on how busy it can get at these two parks during Chirstmas? How crowded is the first week in January? For anywhere in Orlando? Thank you everyone for all of your help. I am so glad that I found these boards!

Get some guide books..I like the Unofficial Guide -- it also has some information on the other Orlando area attractions. This site and www.wdwig.com are really helpful. Ask lots of questions-everybody's Disney experience is different and these boards are a wonderful source of information. I started planning our June 2002 trip in January 2001-it is never too early to start planning--besides it will help make the time pass.

How exciting!!! You've started in the right place. Ask lots of questions and read a couple of guidebooks, I like the unofficial guide and passporter the best. wdwig has menus that will help you plan your budget. There are boards on this site for Universal and Sea World as well so check them out.

Just to let you know, I think the kids will be bored out of their minds at Kennedy! I would stick to the school vacation (two weeks at Christmas) and have Christmas at WDW!!! I would stay a few nights onsite at Universal and do those parks and Sea World, then move over to WDW (or do it vice versa) and stay onsite (nothing like it!) You could book now and wait for codes to come out. I would actually check into WDW first, because you can usually get a code rate by checking in by the 21st or so.

If you do stay offsite in a condo, try not to do housework. I know it is hard. Make sure to rent a comfortable car (big enough for you all and all your stuff). Have fun!!!!

CBR is really nice and very reasonable. We are taking our niece and nephew next week and we have two rooms at the All Stars. You woudl need two rooms there to be comfortable.

I have to disagree about Kennedy. I love it!!! My first trip there, I was 11 and I absolutely loved it, as did the 12yo boy travelling with us. If I remember right my then 9yo sister liked it, but I don't remember if the 7yo did. If you have the time and money, I would go for it!

It looks like New Year's Day is on a Thursday in 2004. Figure that most schools will start back Mon, Jan 5, thus most pople will leave by Sun, Jan 4. I'd say starting the 4th, the parks should be fairly uncrowded. I have heard that Jan-early Feb is one of the slowest times of the year (we were there in early Feb and the crowd level was great!).

I think you trip sounds great! Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter