We redeemed our Vouchers Just back From Disney

We went to Animal Kingdom today and used our GAD vouchers and "upgraded" so that we can go to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. We paid $82 per person! Does anyone know if this is correct? I was shocked! I thought it was like, $50 to add a day to a 1 day ticket and figured we'd pay just $50 or so per person. Maybe we should've waited until we left? I just don't know what happened. We didn't say anything about it when she said, "That'll be $315.23" because I didn't have my driver's license and she had to verify who I was by telling her where and when I volunteered (I was embarrassed). I thought we had caused enough trouble. Anyway, it was $82 times 3 and $69.23 for my 8 yo dd and that includes $19.23 in tax. Again, does this sound right to anyone?

I think that is correct. A 2 day ticket would cost $156 plus tax, but then they would subtract $79 value of GAD voucher. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it is true.

K4dM is correct. The difference between a 1-day ticket and a two day ticket is $77. You don't start REALLY saving until you get past 3 days. The numbers are correct - you were charged the correct amount.

Has anyone redeemed their GAD voucher for park pass at one of the resorts? In the past items to be picked up at will call we've been able to get them at our resort and was wondering if this was true for the GAD voucher.

Also, if you're actually using your voucher for your park ticket/entrance do you know if you can still get a button?

thanks a bunch

Has anyone redeemed their GAD voucher for park pass at one of the resorts? In the past items to be picked up at will call we've been able to get them at our resort and was wondering if this was true for the GAD voucher.

Also, if you're actually using your voucher for your park ticket/entrance do you know if you can still get a button?

thanks a bunch

No, you cannot turn the voucher in at the resorts. It can't even be done at Guest Relations at DTD - it can only be done at the Will Call window at the 4 parks and TTC. It is part of the restrictions.

You can get the volunteer button at the Will Call window for turning in a voucher...it doesn't matter what you use the voucher for.

When we went last week, our group of 7 went 2 different days. Four of us went to AK on Friday and the lady gave us buttons right away. The next day, the other 3 went with us to MK and she didn't give them their button. I asked and she said, "Oh, yes. They get buttons." And she handed them to them. She either forgot or maybe they were running low or she thought they might not want one, I don't know. I also asked about getting the voluntEARS instead and she said you can exchange your voucher for ears or park admission. Some of you may have already known that. That's an expensive set of ears if you do it that way! But fun for Disney collectors, I know. Hope this helps!

I also asked about getting the voluntEARS instead and she said you can exchange your voucher for ears or park admission.

Yes, the souvenir ear figurine and pin set is an alternate option from the free 1-day ticket. The person turning in the voucher needs to have a multi-day ticket in hand already, and they can opt for that (one per voucher) or the Fastpass Exchange Cards (one for each member of your group, up to 6, although many have reported getting a few more...).

The button is for anyone who volunteered, regardless of what you do with the voucher.

No, you cannot turn the voucher in at the resorts. It can't even be done at Guest Relations at DTD - it can only be done at the Will Call window at the 4 parks and TTC. It is part of the restrictions.

You can get the volunteer button at the Will Call window for turning in a voucher...it doesn't matter what you use the voucher for.

thank you. it makes a difference for us on our plan of attack on how to start our day. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter