We want to eat @ V. & A.'s but don't like seafood.

Hnymoon@Dixie

When I win the lottery I want to live in Cinderell
We have read & heard great things about V & A's but if we don't care for seafood do thay make substituions? We really want to go but if we have to skip 2 or 3 courses, then it won't be worth it.

may I suggest you go to Deb Wills site. It has the menus as of May of this year and it will give you an idea if this restaurant is right for you.

V&A's isn't a seafood restaurant. It's continental. Although there might be seafood offerings on the menu the night you dine there, there will also be meat entrees to choose from.

Each course has several choices.

Anne

I am in a similar situation to the OP, but it's a bit more serious. DH and I are both allergic to all types of seafood and shellfish, and I am allergic to most nuts. Anyone know what sort of accomodations V&A's can make for this? I have checked the menus and usually there is only one thing per course that is not seafood and most of those have nuts!

Philly,

I am very allergic to pineapple. ANd normally they do not have foods with pineapple at V&A's, and if they do it is listed. Well the sorbet they brought out the last time we went was pineapple. I told our victoria and she went in the back and found a different sorbet. I had ordered the chocolate suffle, but DH had gotten the tropical fruit mousse. Victoria warned me not to try that, she thought it had pineapple in it. Next time we go I will be sure to mention my allergies before hand, just so they do not have to scramble at the last min. Most likely when I make the ressie, and then again when they are going over the menu with us. I would think that with a bit more advanced notice that V&A's could do very well, and not have to scramble. I am sure the deal with more severe allergies from time to time. All Disney resturants seem to do very well with this problem.

Disney restaurants are very willing to accomodate food allergies and special diets. I have never had a problem and I have dined at V & A . I called several days in advance and spoke to the Chef at V & A I explained I was allergic to seafood. He couldn't have been nicer. He told me he would call me the am of our PS and discuss a few menu options. That morn he called me told me what was fresh from the market & did I crave anything in particular. I left it in his hands and was thrilled. Just give them a little advance notice so they can prepare 3-4 days is reasonable I think. Don't wait till your seated at the restaurant to tell them. Although I'm sure given the caliber of Chefs they have they still could exceed your expectations. Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter