Wearing costumes at WDW?

disneynewbie2

Earning My Ears
My children ages DS 7 and DD age 5 love to play dress-up. My dd especially might like to wear one of her princesses outfits to WDW. We have never gone before. We are going in Late Nov-Early Dec and thought cute Disney Halloween costumes could also be worn one day at Disney. Anyone else's children ever wear cosutmes into the park on a non special costume event?

When we went last June there were several small children dressed as thier favorite Disney person, so I would say it was ok :) HTH

I went in August when it was pretty crowded and I did see quite a few children wearing costumes, especially princess ones!

We are planning to have DD (4) wear her Cinderella costume to Cindy's breakfast. It would be fun if she wore it in the park too...will wait and see how she feels that day.

We went to WDW last year for 10 days and my daughters, 4 and 6 at the time, wore disney princess dresses every day. We had the ones that are actually marketed as nightgowns - they are a little easier to manage and more comfortable. On the colder days, they just put a long sleeved t shirt and leggings underneath. They loved it and the CMs made a big deal over them...

The last time we were there - which was about 15 months ago (sob, sob!!) - my then 4 year old daughter fell absolutely head over heels for the Cinderella ball gown at the Tinkerbell shop in Fantasyland. She stripped in the store and put it on and began to parade through the aisles! Well, $55.00 later, we left with her clothes in the bag and her wearing the gown. She wore it all day - on every ride and attraction! I am talking the big costume, with yards of tulle and netting! She was in heaven and many, many CMs commented on how adorable she was (of course, I am biased). The pictures from that day are so wonderful!
She ended up sleeping in it and wearing it the next day too! Finally, on day 3 I got it off her for a little while.
Definately let them wear the costumes!

All of your kids sound sooooo cute wearing their costumes. I can just see them now.
:) I think I will let them take their costumes. MariS, your daughter sounds like she had a great time. Care to share pictures anyone? :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

We are going during the same time you are!

My son is going as Sorcerer Mickey for Halloween and he is going to wear it when we go to Fantasmic too! ;)

I just finished sewing DD Halloween costume- Cinderella dress. She's 19 mos. and I absolutely can't wait for Halloween. I fully admit the dress is mostly for daddy and I to oooh and ahhh over. Although she loves "Rella" she probably could care less what she wears. Now reading this thread, I'm hoping that when we go to WDW in Feb. she can still fit in it... Now keep your fingers crossed that I can get Cindy breakfast ressies!

We are also going end of Nov./beginning of Dec. and I have 2 DD, age 3 & 6. I absolutely plan on letting them wear their princess dresses! I was mainly planning on letting them wear their costumes to meet the princesses at Cindy's, but if they want to wear them other times too, I don't have a problem with that. They look so cute all dressed up and they're not going to want to do this much longer. I say enjoy while we can!

See you there!

My DD Caitlyn (3 year old) is taking her Snow White costume with us. I think she will just wear it to Cindy's for breakfast. I will pack a change of clothes with us for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter