Weather: More Rain on the way for DLR this week

“We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain … and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.”

Forrest Gump

rad.jpg

Love the local news and how they handle stories...

Friday was in Inauguration of the President, which they claimed was "Breaking News", come on we knew how it was going to be in November,and the date has been scheduled for a long time... Yes, it is News, but Breaking?

Yesterday was the Women's March and breaking news again, once again scheduled weeks ago.

Now on Sunday, we have the "biggest storm in a decade" arriving and is most of the morning news coverage, even though for people that don't live in SoCal/Southland, they would say no big deal, and the local news would cover it in the regular weather section, and not as "Breaking News". But out of the three days. I guess with the drought we have had, it is the most Breaking of the three news stories....

I wouldn't plan to head to the parks today, and heck, Knott's Berry Farm might elect to not even open due to the rain (they have already done it a couple of times earlier this month). So stay inside and stay dry, and if you go out,wear appropriate clothing for the weather. But if you visiting with a schedule is flexible, maybe a day to do some shopping (Nearby the Main Place Mall is indoors, as is the Buena Park Mall) The Bowers Museum and Discovery Cube Science Center are both indoors and both close to the Main Place Mall.

Also in Buena Park, both the Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure Dinner (and Lunch) Theater shows are indoors.

www.visitbuenapark.com

South Coast Plaza is another good place to stay indoors.

www.visittheoc.com

And if you have a rental car, just be prepared that SoCal's don't really know how to drive in the rain, so be extra careful on the roads.

"Due to weather, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will close early today. Disneyland at 8 p.m. & California Adventure at 7 p.m." Disneyland Today posted on Twitter
Flooding reported in various areas of the park, including Main Street.

Last edited:
I see they changed their hours on the official website. I had heard World of Disney was closing at 9 while I was in there earlier.

It was pretty empty and most rides were walk on. It was flooded going into Toontown under the train and behind Matterhorn. It was also flooding at the entrance into Disneyland.

Mr. Toad was leaking inside as well. The Small World boats were pretty flooded too. Glad I had my snow/rain shoes on!

It was pretty fun though and Haunted Mansion was open. Good times!

What did the locals learn about the rain today...

First off, CalTrans learned that they really needs the staff that cleans and maintains the storm drains, and that freeways work a lot better as dry traffic lanes and not swimming pools...

http://abc7.com/news/socal-storm-prompts-freeway-closures-due-to-flooding/1715417/

Second off, folks actually went to Disneyland, though not many....

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-storm-scenes-20170122-htmlstory.html

Third, thank goodness some folks are smart, and stayed home and not drive on the freeways or visit theme parks.

Morn rain is foretasted for tonight and tomorrow, then we will start to dry out for the rest of the week

We were at Disneyland all day until they closed. Had a blast. Rain boots and ponchos and we were set. Walked onto every ride. We had a locker with towels and a change of clothes. They gave us a free one day hopper because the were closing early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter