weather obsession

Murphy's law right? Been thinking and planning this trip for a LONG time! Last week was great and this week looks good, so DL is due for some cooler weather and rain, right? But we are at Disney right!!

To further complicate matters, we are due for 50s and 60s in Midwest for next week to 10 days, which is great but it might be warmer back home in Midwest than Cali for a day or two....NOT cool! :)

Murphy's law right? Been thinking and planning this trip for a LONG time! Last week was great and this week looks good, so DL is due for some cooler weather and rain, right? But we are at Disney right!!

To further complicate matters, we are due for 50s and 60s in Midwest for next week to 10 days, which is great but it might be warmer back home in Midwest than Cali for a day or two....NOT cool! :)
Isn't that how it always is?

I kept hoping if I planned for rain it wouldn't come. Still hoping for at least not constant rain anyway. 🤞

sun -tuesday looks pretty good through national weather service, now i just need wed and thursday to look better

It’s funny how much the forecasts vary. AccuWeather and the local weather channel only show rain for Tuesday but weather bug shows significant chances of rain for Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. Ugh! It also changes on the daily so I feel like I can’t really rely on any forecast at this point. A shower every now and then is not a big deal but just really hoping for no downpour days!!

It’s funny how much the forecasts vary. AccuWeather and the local weather channel only show rain for Tuesday but weather bug shows significant chances of rain for Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. Ugh! It also changes on the daily so I feel like I can’t really rely on any forecast at this point. A shower every now and then is not a big deal but just really hoping for no downpour days!!
I know me too especilaly for thursday since we have to ck out and our flight isnt till night,I noticed that a couple of the websites are calling for alot of rain for thrsday but not on accu weather

I'm telling you, Weather Bug is the right forecast. They are ALWAYS accurate here. I live less than 15 miles south of DL and it is the only weather app I use, for the last several years, as they are the only one who consistently gets it right. They have been right about 100% of our rainy days in the last 3 months. If they say chance of rain, you better be prepared for rain.

If they say showers, it will be scattered showers. If they say rain, it will be significant rain for at least a portion of the day.

I'm telling you, Weather Bug is the right forecast. They are ALWAYS accurate here. I live less than 15 miles south of DL and it is the only weather app I use, for the last several years, as they are the only one who consistently gets it right. They have been right about 100% of our rainy days in the last 3 months. If they say chance of rain, you better be prepared for rain.
Noooooo! Say it isn’t so! Weather bug is the one that has the worst forecast for next week. Lol!!!
Thank you for verifying though.... let’s me know that I should definitely come prepared for rain. Living in AZ, we don’t have much in the way of rain gear but will be sure to pack ponchos, umbrellas and hope for the best :rolleyes: It says something like 50% chance of rain but I don’t know if that means a shower throughout the day or a full day pour.

Last edited:
Noooooo! Say it isn’t so! Weather bug is the one that has the worst forecast for next week. Lol!!!
Thank you for verifying though.... let’s me know that I should come prepared for rain. I live in AZ so I don’t have much in the way of rain gear but will be sure to pack ponchos, umbrellas and hope for the best :rolleyes: It says something like 50% chance of rain but I don’t know if that means a shower throughout the day or a full day pour.
It means it's gonna rain 50% of the day :P :rotfl2:I know it doesn't mean that.

Maybe if we ALL bring umbrellas or rain gear, it WON'T rain! Seems to happen to me a lot here...

It doesn't look like a horrible rain though - just enough to be soggy on seats and force us inside for eating our meals.

Also coming from AZ for Monday and Tuesday, and we have been watching this pretty closely! I'll be interested to see what ends up actually happening. One weekend in December we had tons of rain predicted Saturday, and just some Friday, but we got a decent amount for several hours midday Friday, and it did seem to impact crowds that weekend, which was nice! Also, I didn't have any whiny-when-wet-or-cold kids with me, so I welcomed the rain!

Also coming from AZ for Monday and Tuesday, and we have been watching this pretty closely! I'll be interested to see what ends up actually happening. One weekend in December we had tons of rain predicted Saturday, and just some Friday, but we got a decent amount for several hours midday Friday, and it did seem to impact crowds that weekend, which was nice! Also, I didn't have any whiny-when-wet-or-cold kids with me, so I welcomed the rain!
Oh man, I forgot about the whiny-when-wet-or-cold kid we're bringing.

Her best/worst was at Christmas 2017 when we were at Disney FOR CHRISTMAS and she said, "Worst. Christmas. Ever." Why? Because the Pez she got in her stocking (that I had brought all the way from home) had expired and the taste was off. :rolleyes2

If you see me in DLR Mon/Tues walking away from my family with a certain look on my face, you'll know why.

But come say hi anyway, LOL

I got a 20 pack of ponchos on Amazon when I got my AP, haha! I don't like getting soaked on the water rides unless it's nice and toasty...

Oh man, I forgot about the whiny-when-wet-or-cold kid we're bringing.

Her best/worst was at Christmas 2017 when we were at Disney FOR CHRISTMAS and she said, "Worst. Christmas. Ever." Why? Because the Pez she got in her stocking (that I had brought all the way from home) had expired and the taste was off. :rolleyes2

If you see me in DLR Mon/Tues walking away from my family with a certain look on my face, you'll know why.

But come say hi anyway, LOL

Kids are special, aren't they? We're going with two pre-teens (12 and 11). My daughter is a Disneyland freak and you will hear no complaining from her because of weather. But my niece is a very dramatic/attitudey at times, and there's no telling what she's going to think of her first trip to the Parks. Feel free to pray for us. 🤣 I already promised my daughter if dear niece is being a drama princess instead of enjoying herself, that we'll do some splitting up.

How do I look for you? The four of us will be wearing white shirts (I think) and matching black/red Minnie ears the first day(DL), and black shirts and black/gold Minnie ears the second day. (CA)

Thank you for verifying though.... let’s me know that I should definitely come prepared for rain. Living in AZ, we don’t have much in the way of rain gear but will be sure to pack ponchos, umbrellas and hope for the best :rolleyes: It says something like 50% chance of rain but I don’t know if that means a shower throughout the day or a full day pour.

Full day pour would say "Rain. Periods of localized heavy rain are possible."

When you see that, watch out.

I think next week will be mostly random showers, with the possibility of heavier, longer duration rains on Wednesday and Thursday. I am going to say Sun-Tues have a maybe 30% chance of rain in Anaheim on any given day.

I got a 20 pack of ponchos on Amazon when I got my AP, haha! I don't like getting soaked on the water rides unless it's nice and toasty...

Kids are special, aren't they? We're going with two pre-teens (12 and 11). My daughter is a Disneyland freak and you will hear no complaining from her because of weather. But my niece is a very dramatic/attitudey at times, and there's no telling what she's going to think of her first trip to the Parks. Feel free to pray for us. 🤣 I already promised my daughter if dear niece is being a drama princess instead of enjoying herself, that we'll do some splitting up.

How do I look for you? The four of us will be wearing white shirts (I think) and matching black/red Minnie ears the first day(DL), and black shirts and black/gold Minnie ears the second day. (CA)

478690This will be us - two absolutely thrilled teenage girls.

478691 One husband camping at the closest Corn Dog Wagon.

478692One wife riding the rides and character chasing.

Seriously, if you see us, come up and say hi!

View attachment 478690This will be us - two absolutely thrilled teenage girls.

View attachment 478691 One husband camping at the closest Corn Dog Wagon.

View attachment 478692One wife riding the rides and character chasing.

Seriously, if you see us, come up and say hi!

Will do! And you guys watch for us.

DD (actually named Jaina...) and me:
U864I6R.jpg

And my SIL and niece:
OvCbnHv.jpg

So if there’s significant rain...what all does that affect or change? Obviously if it’s raining at the time, fireworks and nighttime shows/parades would be canceled correct? What about rides… What rides close during rain? Is it just rides that have an outside track?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter