• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

webmaster epidemic?

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
I am almost sure that yesterday there was a fourth webmaster ... tnrobin? ...
Looks like a very dangerous job ...:confused:

I think you're right Mickey's Dreamers!

This stuff really spreads fast!

Im certain u r correct in what u r saying .........

Im declaring myself the New WEB MASTER...................

lol Peter

Isn't that the same person who helps host the Friday night chat?

Robin is a Moderator not a Webmaster :)

She has chosen to dedicate her time to the DVC board and will be continuing to Host chat however I'm sure (atleast I hope) she will still be posting on the Cruise Board.

Whilst we're talking about Robin - I'd just like to say a great big <b>thankyou</b> for all the hard work you've put into this board - I'm sure you will all agree with me...it was very much appreciated :)

Originally posted by Hygiene99
im certain u r correct in what u r saying .........

im declaring myself the new WEB MASTER...................

lol peter

Peter, you'll have to learn how to type in English and use the caps once in awhile if you want to be web master.

Originally posted by WebmasterPenny
Whilst we're talking about Robin - I'd just like to say a great big <b>thankyou</b> for all the hard work you've put into this board - I'm sure you will all agree with me...it was very much appreciated :) [/B]

Penny I couldn't agree more! Robin has done a wonderful job on the cruise board, DVC board and in chat. We all need to remember that the moderators and webmasters are doing this of thier own free will and without pay. They have to deal with a lot and don't get thanked very often.

Thank you Robin!

I'm sure we are in good hands with DVCReg, Sue Ellen and CarolAnne. In fact Reg is on a cruise right now checking things out to make sure that everything is perfect for the rest of us :)

Originally posted by WebmasterPenny
Robin is a Moderator not a Webmaster :)

She has chosen to dedicate her time to the DVC board and will be continuing to Host chat however I'm sure (atleast I hope) she will still be posting on the Cruise Board.

Whilst we're talking about Robin - I'd just like to say a great big <b>thankyou</b> for all the hard work you've put into this board - I'm sure you will all agree with me...it was very much appreciated :)
Agreed, thanks Robin.

silly question probably but........

whats the difference between a moderator and a webmaster? The name webmaster sounds like it is a higher role? Do you achieve this status after a period of time as a moderator?

In most places the "Webmaster" is a technical position and they work with the software that makes this site possible. They also would contol the security of the system along with many other computer/technical jobs (like tring to keep the search function of this board operational :) )

The moderator is here monitoring what we say, how we say it, trying to keep us civil and making sure that we don't stray to far "off topic" ...oh... like we are now.

Webmaster Robin ---- hummmmm --- Sounds good (NOT) --- too much work involved.

I am still here and yes I will still respond. Besides, I have a cruise plan and where is thebest place to plan one - Here.

It just takes a lot of time to try to monitor the post on two boards. Especially two of the higher traffic boards. My work and home schedule has become such that I could effectively moderate both boards, so I had to drop to one board - at least for now.

I had hoped to go quietly, I really don't want this to turn into a "Robin" post. You need to save the server space for more Cruise Planning. Besides - it would be Off topic :p :p :D

Plus we can always visit you on the DVC board. I was just telling my husband that I'd seen you on that board...and was glad that I would be seeing you there all the time... (although the cruise board WILL miss you!!).

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter