The Plans Change
Gift Bags & CLOTHES BUYING!
The holiday itinerary #1
The Holiday itinerary #2
Our Wedding Shoes
6 Months to go
ADR's

The Engagement & Photos
It's time to say hello to you lovely brides, and others that like to read along with the plannings of a very excited bride-to-be, getting ready for our wedding-moon.

When we first got engaged I did pop on here, and let you all know, but I didn't go in to much detail.

So, let's start from the beginning...
Honestly, my dream would have been for Sam to get down on one knee while watching Wishes, a true dream. However I know that he wanted to do it his way, and we both were very keen for an Orlando wedding, so I know he wouldn't do OTT with the "Disney thing".
On May 4th, we went to London for the Weekend. We had afternoon tea booked, and were going to watch the Spice Girls Musical (you didn't miss much if you didn't get to watch it, however it was super fun, and I was obviously on a high while watching it!)
We went straight to the hotel for the afternoon tea, which I'd never properly experienced before, but being a blogger, it was a tick off my list that I really wanted to do.

We had a lovely sit down, and it was right in the corner away from everyone (which I didn't really notice until later on) and our yummy food came out. We were properly chatting away, and all of a sudden I flipped my tea cup over, and under it was a ring! An engagement ring! I felt shocked, and almost jumped away from it, not wanting to touch it. I'd been so obsessed with marriage for so long, and right then, it was all coming true. Sam said some lovely words, most of which I don't remember as I was in a world of happiness, joy and shock.
After phone calls, and a few bites of the food, we both were so excited we couldn't sit still any more and I felt a little sick with excitement.

As soon as we got engaged I knew I'd like some engagement photos taken. I'm such a huge photo fan, and am a little snap happy myself, so I got together with a photographer friend and we worked out a couple of amazing ideas. I still have more, so would love to do a few more before the wedding.
Our first one was on Bournemouth Beach, we had such a lovely sunny day, and it was such a fun a silly shoot

The next shoot was at our local park area, where we also had our engagement party. We had a BBQ here, and invited lots of our friends and family. It was again such a lovely day, we were really lucky with the weather and Chloe managed to get some awesome shots again. This time I was looking for a more pretty, whimsical look, which I think she was spot on with.

Some photos from the party...

Planning started almost straight away, and I will chat about our plans so far in the next installment

Thanks for reading, hope you can follow our planning journey

The History​

Let me introduce us properly, because that's not something I've yet done.
My name is Steph, I am 26 years old and am a Veterinary Nurse. Sam is 24, and works for the Police. We have recently moved into our lovely little house near the canal, in Wiltshire. As well as this we have bought a lovely little boy into our lives... Severus, a 13 week old working cocker!

We've been together 6 years this February, and it's been a lovely ride, full of fun and joy & lots of holidays.
I've been to WDW 6 times now, and Sam has been twice. We've also both been to DLP twice together.

DLP 2010

& 2012

WDW 2009 (GAWD! Look how young we look)

& 2012

Our second trip to Florida was much different to the first, my dibb planning was on top form and I researched EVERYTHING. We also didn't have the tight student budget, like 2009, and that trip certainly has paved the way for our wedding-moon one.

We're a very old before our time couple, but I rather like that. I love walks by the canal, and visiting National Trust properties. Sam enjoys spending time with Sev, and he'll just about get to the pub every now and again. Nights out don't come highly any more, and being back before midnight seems to be the thing we now do.
We enjoy our breaks and holidays, both working shifts mean little time to just "be together" and so having these get always can be lovely.
Sam is very much my best friend, I love that he makes me laugh every day, and I can talk to him about anything and he'll do anything for me.
[Passes the sick bucket!]

Thanks for reading along
Next time I'll be talking about our plans so far:yay:

Beautiful photos, I love your before and after engagement photo! And of course your sweet little puppy is adorable (I love his name btw!)
Congrats on your engagement and I can't wait to read more about your plans!! :)

Beautiful photos, I love your before and after engagement photo! And of course your sweet little puppy is adorable (I love his name btw!)
Congrats on your engagement and I can't wait to read more about your plans!! :)

Thank you so much!!!
Thanks for reading :cool1:

The Planning Starts...

In 2009 I first set my eyes on the wedding pavilion, WHAT?! You could have a Disney wedding?! This is when my life changed and honestly, research started right then!
Some years later, Sam and I knew we would get married and talk of a Disney wedding came up a lot. We knew it was something that would happen, and so when we go engaged I was on it straight away.
In my had I always wanted an Escape wedding, but the price and 18 people limit worried me some what. Through my research times I found that Swan and Dolphin did weddings, and my heart skipped a beat when I found info about Michelle and Russell's wedding (video here) All of a sudden it seemed a lot more doable the year after we got engaged, which I really wanted. It would still be a "Disney" wedding, on the beach, with the ducks and IF a lot of friends and family did come out we wouldn't have to hike the price up to the next bracket. It seemed perfect, and the only thing stopping me was having to deal with not having an MK photo shoot. It makes me sad even thinking about it now, but it's still very sad that non dftw couples aren't allowed to have that opportunity.

Where we are now...
The day before
We are looking into booking afternoon tea at the Grand Flo. It's something I'd really love to do, and it seems fitting to start out wedding off with. It will be a welcome tea, and hopefully every one who is attending the wedding will be able to come.

Later in the afternoon we are "Drinking around the World" at Epcot. We're unsure if we're breaking up for this, and meeting back again to go to the boardwalk or doing it as a stag/hen mix. I'm in the process of having badges designed for the evening, so I'm exciting to get that and get them made up. We're starting about 4pm, so it won't be a late night, but I want fun drinking and dancing.

So the day is as follows (some of which is still get to be booked due to timing restrictions)
A 3pm wedding at the beach venue at the Swan and Dolphin. One of Sam's best friends will be playing guitar while I walk down the isle, to the intro of "satellite by Dave Matthews Band". We'll be doing our own vows, which I'm really excited about, but not thought too much about as yet. We'll be having cake cutting and toasting at the beach too, where we'll be joined my my two favs Donald and Daisy. Two very EXPENSIVE guests, but something that felt very important for us.

We've gone for the classic harmony cake, just excluding the flower toppers and bits on the side. I have a "Nice day for a Disney Wedding" cake topper that I will add, as well as having some scrabble pieces of the cake table too.

http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/steph010188/media/caketopper_zps5b9a3586.png.html?filters[user]=118295969&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=51

We're having a purple colour theme, although it's not going to be OTT because of the wedding we're having. But flowers will be cream and purple, the guys are wearing purple ties, and the cake topper is purple. I've got purple dresses for the bridesmaids, and they'll be wearing cream flowers around their wrist. Sam and I will also be rocking matching purple converse!

For the arch at the ceremony, we'll sticking with cheaper one, as we couldn't stretch to the bamboo one. But we're having it draped too, and having two floral sets at the side. Flower petals will also be going down the isle, which is something we've decided on just recently.

After the cake cutting, and photos with the ducks we'll make our way through S&D and onto the Boardwalk for some more photos. I really love the whole feel of the place, and am excited to get some goodies. We love fun, easy, silly photos, but ones that show love and passion too.

We've booked Regina as our photographer, we're having a split day so when we go for food she won't have to follow us there, but then is coming back for the evening events. I'm excited as I love her work, I think she has a whimsical and fun look, not over edited, and I think she gets us- well I hope she does!

This is where our plans have changed, we were going to do 'Ohana and then Grand Yacht 1, however as of confirmed flights now we are at capicity for the yacht. So obviously we are so sad, as wanted it so very much, but at the same time we're thrilled more people are coming than we first thought.
So new plan....
Grand Floridan Cafe (hopefully) will be booked at 180days out- looking at around 6pm. Then we're officially having a dessert party at Grand flo Sago Cay, over looking wishes. Unsure if we'll have the £ to pipe in the music yet, but I'm praying we do. I think it would be the perfect way to top off such a special day.
We're planning on getting a mini bus or two around from S&D to Grand Flo, so every one can get there together and quickly

Thanks for reading along! Next time I'll be going into a few more details...:wave2:

Loving your story and all of your plans! Adorable pics!

We are having our wedding and then lunch/cake at the Grand Floridian Cafe :)

Hi! Love your plans so far! I too am an October bride planning for the Swan and Dolphin as well!!!:cool1: We're in the process of ironing out the details right now. What date are you looking at? We're wanting October 22, 2014. I will definitely subscribe to you thread, can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Loving your story and all of your plans! Adorable pics!

We are having our wedding and then lunch/cake at the Grand Floridian Cafe :)
Thanks so much!
Aw, it looks lovely doesn't it :love:

Hi! Love your plans so far! I too am an October bride planning for the Swan and Dolphin as well!!!:cool1: We're in the process of ironing out the details right now. What date are you looking at? We're wanting October 22, 2014. I will definitely subscribe to you thread, can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2
Thanks so much, how exiting. We're the 12th :love:

Some of the Details​

So, as this is a destination wedding I feel a lot of the planning has been taken out of my hands. This isn't something I'm used to, but instead of having to deal with the "bigger things" I spending my time looking for the smaller details that will make our wedding special. Of course, as it's over seas we can't do everything, but having the party back home will allow me to go creative & DIY crazy, while in Orlando I'll pick a few bits that I can showcase for our special day.

Lets start with the pre-RSVP's, this idea came from Amy (loves_disney. We wanted to get an idea of No's and then Maybes/yes's as our family & friends aren't really "that way inclined" shall we say. So we don't expect many to join us.
We made these our selves with Google, online edit programmes, and then got them printed off at Staples.

(excuse the spelling mistake- I photographed the first copies)
I really loved these, the obvious air mail feel of them and the packaging feel with the string & tag.

We managed to snap this (after much self timer & focus problems) but in the end we didn't end up using it, but I still think it's cute.

The Dress
I'm obviously not going to show my actual dress on here, but yes, I do have it. I had an appointment at an alternative wedding dress shop in London, when me and 2/3 of my bridesmaids went to London before Christmas. It's alternative as it caters for tea length and shorter length dresses, which is something I knew I really wanted. After trying on 25 dresses in an hour (I was a machine) I found a few I loved, one of which I couldn't stop thinking about. However at £995 I wasn't prepared to pay that much for a dress I'd wear twice. The dress has never been "my thing" which is a huge surprise because style & clothing means so much to me in every day life, having a style blog just kind of does that to you. However I just didn't want to, even if Mum said she would. Having a little look on eBay one night I came across a perfect copy! It was from the UK (so no cheap china material) free returns if I didn't like it, and it was simply seconds/end of line from a bridal shop. I consulted Mum, and bought it straight away, being the my size now, I thought it was perfect to start with and get alterations nearer the time some where near us. For less than a third of the one in the shop, it's almost identical! It's crazy, and I'm so pleased with it. It's a dress I can jump around it, feel beautiful, and wear around a beach and on a yacht!
This is the dress I first fell in love with, from this point I knew lace and a short length was the way I'd go. At £1500 this sadly isn't "my dress" but it's been a huge inspiration from the go.

The girls dresses are also done! Beckys needs to be taken in a bit, Clares is pretty much perfect, and Sians is just on the tight side. I wanted them all in different dresses, one of the reasons is because I didn't know if Clare & Sian were joining me until later and when I first saw the 1st dress for Becky, I knew I couldn't leave it behind. I however also knew, being a high street dress, it wouldn't stay around for too long... and soon it sold out.
The colours match really well, not exactly but close enough not to look odd. The styles are all similar, skater type with some detailing, but they're all different. I really love them!

(They're from Zalando, Motel via ASOS and Newlook)

They're wearing cream roses around their wrist, and hopefully cream/white converse style trainers too- although this is under discussion, but I think it would be an awesome photo op.

Rings​
We bought our rings from Argos with vouchers we got for Christmas & our engagement party. This may not be up every ones street, but we're really happy with them and we didn't want anything OTT- so they work perfectly.

Extras​
There's a few things I've been collecting for the day, and to take over with us. We don't want to take too much, but we'll be spreading them amongst friends and families suitcase so they can help us out.
I have white wicker hearts to hang on the outter seats going down the isle, these are just from Primark, but with the rose petals along the "isle" I think it will just be perfect.
We of course have our bride & groom ears (We made Sams) that will be going out there too, no doubt I'll be in mine a lot through the wedding-moon.
I'm also getting the girls some bridesmaid ears made by a close from who has a hair accessories company, she will also be making my head wear for the day too.
We're taking out some scrabble pieces, to sit on the cake table. Although I'm not 100% sure what we'll spell out yet.

I managed to track down some "just married" badges from a Facebook selling site. I am SO thrilled, and they are like gold to me.

I also have some sunglasses for myself and the girls, again just something silly, but perfect for some photos. I just love them!

Thanks for reading :yay:

The Holiday​

So we have some of the holiday planned, although I feel like I need to get our bum in gear about others parts of it.
Our plan...

Flying BA on the 6th of October- we've never flown BA before, so I'm really excited to try it out. Gatwick-Orlando

3 Nights at Hard Rock Hotel YEAH BABY! This, we can not wait forrrrrrrr. We spent a lot of money here on our last visit, so we need the dollar to live up the lifestyle. As well as obviously visiting Universal and IoA and WWOHP. We'll eat at HRC on one night, sit by the pool and sip on cocktails... ah yeah!

11 Nights at Saratoga Springs with free DDP. Let the Disney adventure begin. We will also be here over the wedding, and is the longest time we've spent at Disney accommodation. We picked SSR pretty quickly, we loved it last time and although something "nicer" (more expensive) for the honymoon would have been nice. We love the feel of it, the boat to DTD and our pool was super quiet when we last went too.

From there we are heading around Florida for a week of touring. We'll hire a car (in the process of sorting this at the moment) and follow a circle around Fl.
Orlando- Ft Lauderdale (via West Palm Beach) 1 night at Fort Lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdal- Key West (via Miami) 3 nights at the Keys.

Key West- Clear Water. We're doing this in one day, and there will be a few stops on the way, although we're aware of the long drive. 1 night at Clear Water.

Our last two nights will be at the Contemporary, some where we've never stayed. We wanted to do a MK resort hotel and this seemed to be the most sensible price wise (thank you Expedia sale!)

ADR's
Our first draft is as follows...

50’s prime time cafe
Be our Guest- just a QS as the dinner doesn't blow me away.
Beaches and Cream- Just for the kitchen sink, probably OOP at the moment, but not 100%
Cali Grill- This baby is two credits, but we're happy to give it ago over Wishes
Crystal Palace- for breakfast. Was our fav breakfast place last time.
Kona Cafe- also another breakfast place.
Sci-fi Dine in- We loved it last time. Although Sam didn't love the theme I really did.
Trails End- Rach told us about this and I love the look of it! Will be good to take a look around some other resorts too
Whispering Canyon- This was on the maybe list last time, so we're going to go for it this year!

Maybe...
*dessert party*
*vip dining for fantasmic*

We'll also be eating at 'Ohana on the wedding day, we may end up ddping this for ourselves, but not too sure at the moment.

Thanks for reading :)

Hi!
And congrats!
My fiancé and I just got engaged last month and we are really hoping for a swan and dolphin wedding In October 2015!
I will be following your planning closely and do everything you did a year later!

When did you send out your save the dates? and what program did you use to create them?

Thanks! X

Hi!
And congrats!
My fiancé and I just got engaged last month and we are really hoping for a swan and dolphin wedding In October 2015!
I will be following your planning closely and do everything you did a year later!

When did you send out your save the dates? and what program did you use to create them?

Thanks! X

Hi, thanks for reading along :yay:
Oh how exciting! October is hopefully going to be the best month then ;)
haha! Fab. I had "planned" so long before even getting engaged- are you in contact with Just Marry now?

We didn't do save the dates, do you mean our pre-rsvps?
If so we did that as soon as our holiday was booked, as we knew we'd get a date within our two week Disney holiday and just put "October" on the pre-rsvps. This just ruled out obvious no goers before spending money and time on our actual invites.
I can't remember exactly, but probably something like pixlr or picmonkey

Hope this helps abit! :banana:

The Invites Have Been Sent

Really excited to get the invites sent out, which we did in February as soon as we got them back from printing. We bought them from Paper Themes, but they took almost a month to arrive- so I was getting a little twitchy about it all.
They didn't come with RSVP's, so we made them our self- which we were both happy with. We also made a little "info pack" talking people through the basics of holidaying in Florida, and a rough run of the day.
We plan to Send everyone another little times/places sheet when we have numbers and everything else confirmed, a lot closer to the time.

I thought the little stamp was sweet too, and the Sunshine sums up Florida well

This is a big step for us, and although we don't think many more people will be saying "yes" from those who have already booked something, it was still exciting to get them out and organising numbers to confirm things throughout the wedding.

Bits & Bobs

Since the engagement (and before!) I've been buying bits and pieces for the wedding. Lots of things have been bought for the wedding party at home, but I still have been buying cute things that we can take with us too. We think we'll be buying an extra case to take with us, and although most will be left there, the extra suitcase can then used for ALL the goodies we then buy, to bring back

Confetti

We're going to mix the Mickey heads and fake petals in the little boxes, that will be on the guests seats for when they arrive. We've also just ordered some purple/cream petals to add to these as well.

I bought a (vintage) scrabble set from eBay- they aren't cheap! So I could make some cute words to use on the cake table and maybe bring a long to the dessert party too. I think we'll have "Happily Ever After" I bought some extra stands just in case, too.

My gorgeous friend Paige made me this for our engagement, and I think it's just the perfect "Something Blue" to pin on my flowers. I love it more every time I see it.

I mentioned our cake topper last time, and managed to grab a photo of it today! Oh my gosh, how fab is it!

These are the wicker hearts that will be hung from the chairs down the "isle", with the petals I think this will be such a cute set up!
These were £1.50 from Primark if any one is interested.

We'll be taking these along too. They're just really cute and will make fab photo ops. I love the plaque, and think it sums us up as a couple- that will hopefully show on the photos too!
I may putting a photo of the woofers in the little frame, so they're still close to our heart.

I saw this little cute plaque/stand in a lovely little shop when visiting a friend, I'm not sure where we're going to use it, but I thought it was very "Disney" and work very well.

Another "Little thing" we got gifted was this lovely Mr and Mrs banner. It's so cute and small enough to take, and again will be great for photos or to hang some where

Lastly I wanted to show you are amazing wedding shoes! Yes, matching purple converse... oh yeah
The 'maids have just been ordered from eBay, as well as the Best Man and my Dad's. They're wearing matching converse-esq white ones... yes, I'm thinking about even more photos ops!

I also wanted to show you these awesome illustrations that we've had done for the wedding. You may spot the balloon one was on our RSVP's, and we're also going to get it printed out and add text, to frame at the wedding party.
The second I commissioned to make into badges for the Drinking around Epcot. I thought it would be lovely to pin on every one while we go around the world!

Thanks for reading along:yay:

A change of plans

Having time to change your plans is almost annoying, not being able to book certain things really makes me twitchy. I'm very un-patient and I want everything now... not a spoilt brat though, I promise

We have come across something that we needed to revise plans for though. At the moment there are 17 people confirmed (including us) with actual booked flights/holidays, and Grand Yacht 1 only take 18 people... so we were at capacity before we even sent the invites out!
If Sam's parents do come out (this is a big if at the moment) they wouldn't be able to go either, as the Yacht isn't disabled friendly.

So, after some panicking, worrying, lots of ideas going through my head we had a bit of a roller coaster ride to book our new plan! (There were tears and sleepless night over Disney! )

(new) Wedding plan as follows...
The ceremony is still very much the same, 3pm at Swan and Dolphin beach venue. Cake and toasting on the beach straight after with the ducks following.
We'll then go and having more photos with Regina while the guests will be shown to a lounge/bar to get a drink if they desire and wait to meet us there.

We're now looking at getting a van (or two) over to Grand Floridian from here, this will have to wait for our final numbers, but we're in contact with a company already (that we've used before)

At around 6pm we'll hopefully get our ADR for Grand Floridian Cafe, this has changed from 'Ohana due to the later evening plans. I'm a little sad as we love 'Ohana, but GFC looks gorgeous and I think it will be just lovely... and no doubt we'll do 'Ohana ourselves another day.
We can't book this until 180days out, so feeling a little worried, but hopefully we'll be able to get a large table, fine.

From here we've now decided to have a dessert party, thanks so the help of Father dear! It's a large amount more than we ever had in the budget, but he was happy to help us out with it. After Disney saying we couldn't book (this is where the tears started) we've now got it booked and deposit payed.
GF at Sago Cay watching Wishes (I'm hoping it's Wishes and not Hallowishes, my research from previous years hopefully has worked) We're still not sure if we can afford to pipe in music, which I really hope we can!
We're looking at $25-$30pp for desserts and 1- 1 1/2 hours drinks depending on how many confirmed we have. We're basically looking to keep it as close to the minimum as possible.

I feel a lot more settled and happy now this is booked, I loved our previous plans but think this will end the night so well! It really will end the day as a true wedding

Thanks for reading :):)

Gift Bags

I've done my Mum and two of my Bridesmaids gift bags (I haven't got my sister one for reasons I won't get into now)
I think I'll give them at my Hen Weekend. They're nothing fancy, but thought the totes them self were really cute to take to Florida, as well as the few other bits

I made the graphics for the bags myself, and then uploaded them onto Tesco photo to get printed. I'm pretty happy with them for the price.

I've also done one for my friends wedding, obviously nothing to do with mine, but I thought it would be cute to do for her. She's only having one bridesmaid and her little girl so it will be nice for her to have this. Again it's only a few silly things... but it's the thought that counts right? And I'm not the Bridesmaid by the way, so I didn't even have to.
I also have bought the sashes for the hens to wear on the hen weekend.

Honeymoon Buys​

So since we booked last year, I've slowly been buying a few bits here and there.
Along comes this year and it's certainly kicked up a notch

I thought I'd show you a few of my wedding-moon buys!

I'm certainly set for WWOHP, as I have another HP tee in my normal wardrobe too.
Most the Disney tee's are from Primark, from the last year, but one of the Little Mermaid ones is a Topshop (pj top-shhhh!)

I also got my dress box through! So pleased with it, and I'll feel a lot better carrying that on as hang luggage (thanks Tabz for sharing!)

I also ordered my Mrs necklace and did myself a little "bride to be" clutch, although I've not ordered it in the next size as it's a little too small. The necklace I'm wearing on the day, and I thought the bag would just be nice to use in the evenings, or for different times we'll we're away.

Lastly I just thought I'd show you these, I made them a while ago now and totally forgot where they got to in the move. Going to stick them to the large sticks we're using for the fans, cardboard back them and pop them in our bags to sneak into the park one day before the wedding

Hi Steph! Love reading your PJ! Looks like you've got a lot of things in order... I feel like I need to step it up a bit! Those shirts from Primark are too cute!! Wish we had them here! Keep up the PJ :thumbsup2 I probably need to start on one here sooner rather than later:surfweb:

Hi Steph! Love reading your PJ! Looks like you've got a lot of things in order... I feel like I need to step it up a bit! Those shirts from Primark are too cute!! Wish we had them here! Keep up the PJ :thumbsup2 I probably need to start on one here sooner rather than later:surfweb:

Thanks so much lovely :)
Oh no, we still have A LOT to do, although I'm thinking it's slowly coming together this weekend and coming week.
So cute aren't they, I know, I feel like I couldn't live without that shop- a little obsessive I think!
Yes can't wait to see when you do :cheer2:

Our Holiday Plans
Round up, round up- here it is, our first draft plan! Cup of tea at the ready?!

Sunday 5th October
We'll be dropping the dogs off in the afternoon (kennels/sitter TBC) before we travel to Gatwick. We're staying at Sandman Signature at Gatwick. In 2012 we stayed at Travel Lodge and really loved it (and it's bar menu!) so hopefully this will do the job too

Monday 6th October
Travel to Orlando with British Airways, landing at Orlando at 3.35pm.
We have transfers to Hard Rock Hotel with Florida Magical Tours (we used these last time and can not rate them highly enough!)
We're planning on just chilling out for the most of the evening, possibly visiting Velvet Bar and toasting to the start of our exciting adventure. A early night will try to happen, but it will no doubt be unlikely!

Tuesday 7th October
Making the most of early WWOHP (and I'm not sure how the expansion will change this) but I plan to be there early each morning to soak up the atmosphere. Huge HP fan, and I loved being there in 2012.
We'll no doubt do a little of both parks too.

Pool time and rest before our busy evening.
Tonight we'll look to meet Sam's friends/family and have an evening around City Walk and eat at Hard Rock Cafe. We adore HRC and I always always always go for the twisted mac, chicken & cheese- HUGE YUMS!

Wednesday 8th October
An early morning probably isn't too much what we'll be after this morning, but we'll try our best.
WWOHP followed by both parks

We'll head back to the hotel for lunch at the pool side bar "Beach Club" and no doubt a cocktail or two! We ate here last time, and it was a little pricey for a lunch but the burger was AMAZING

Thursday 9th October
Today we head to Disney, but first off one last morning at WWOHP. We'll stick with Harry this time, hopefully having done the rest of the parks on the previous days.
SSR is then our home for the next 11 nights before we get there we're looking at going via the Courthouse for our wedding licence though (this again may be with Florida Magic Tours)
An afternoon of unpacking and relaxing before we head to DTD. House of Blues will be where we eat and possibly meeting up with our friends for a game at Splitsville.

Friday 10th October
In the morning we'll head to Walmart to get a few wedding supplies (this really won't be a lot, but a good excuse to go too!)
With the rest of day spent with my parents or at the SSR swimming pool before a busy few days.
In the evening we'll be eating Coral Reef and watching Illuminations. I've heard such good this about CR but am no fish fan, but after looking at the menu there's some lovely dishes for me too and Sam was excited about the seafood options.

Saturday 11th October
Before our pre wedding celebrations in the afternoon we're going to head to Animal Kingdom lodge for breakfast at Boma. It's a resort we both want to have a look around too, so it will be a relaxed morning.
We're having a "Welcome Meet" at Garden View Tea Room for Afternoon tea before heading to Epcot as a group and drinking around the world.

From Epcot we'll head out and take a little look around Boardwalk in the evening too, possibly stopping for a few more drinks. I am aware this is the day before our wedding, so will look to head back around 10-11pm. At the moment we're not sure where we'll both be staying tonight.

Sunday 12th October
WEDDING DAY (You can see our plans in previous posts and I'll go into more detail once everything is confirmed!)

Sunday 13th October
Our first morning as Husband and Wife- makes me tingle with happiness just thinking about it. It will be a relaxed one, and we'll head to my parents villa for a "good bye" lunch party with all our guests.
In the evening we'll head to Hollywood studios to watch Fantasmic after eating at Sci-Fi Dine in! It was one of my favourite meals last time, I love the atmosphere and fun old films playing

Tuesday 14th October
Animal Kingdom day! A park we love, but at the same time know what we like to do and don't worry about the things we don't. We'll head here for opening and stay until early afternoon, eating at Yak and Yeti, a new one for us.

Another afternoon at the SSR pool before meeting friends/family for the amazing Kitchen Sink quest! WE CAN DO THIS
We had (smaller) ice creams at Beaches and Cream in 2012, and I really loved it there, I adore the diner feel of it.

cont.....

continued from last post...

Wednesday 15th October
Typhoon Lagoon this morning. As my visits go on, I'm less fussed with water parks, although the Disney ones are obviously so well themed.

Tonight is Wishes, my favourite favourite thing EVER! To go along with this, our fav Disney restaurant 'Ohana.

Thursday 16th October
Magic Kingdom this morning (In my eyes there are never enough MK days FYI it's early EMH so we'll just take them up on that and then head out shopping for the afternoon. Florida Mall is our shopping place, I love highstreet street stores of makeup and fashion- so it's the perfect place for most things!

In the evening we're going to head to Fort Wilderness Lodge to have dinner at Trails end, another new one for us this year, and one thanks to Rach for her recommendation.

Friday 17th October
Hollywood studios for the majority of today and we're going to lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe (another newbie!)

In the afternoon we're going to head to Epcot for a bit of Food and Wine fun and catch up on rides and things we haven't seen in our evening trips

Saturday 18th October
Another morning by the pool for some R&R

We're then going to head to Magic Kingdom before the evening before our ADR at Cali Grill- where we'll also watch Wishes

Sunday 19th October
MK for our ADR at Crystal Palace, an old fav and loved getting into MK so early in 2012. Winne the Pooh and friends are my true fav too, such happy memories of them.

In the afternoon we'll head to DTD for some last shopping bits for anything we've seen on our trip.

*This could possibly be MNSSHP night too?*

Monday 20th October
Today we say goodbye to SSR and head off to our Florida tour. We're picking our hire car up from the Disney location and then heading off to our first Ft lauderdale (via West Palm Beach)

Tuesday 21st October
Moving on again to Key West today, via Miami.
we'll spend 3 nights here

Wednesday 22nd, Thursday 23rd October

Key West

Friday 24th October
We're heading out of Key West today and doing the long journey up all in one go. We'll be having a quick stop at Sarasota on the way up to Clear Water

One night at Clear Water

Saturday 25th October
We're head back to Orlando today, but spend the morning at Clear Water.
We decided to spend our last two nights back in Orlando after prices of the Keys, and our general love for Disney.
We're heading to the contemporary for the last 2days, something I am SO excited about. We had the option of a few hotels, but decided this was the cheapest for staying at MK (which is where we'd go on the our last days!)
Tonight is Wishes! The last time we'll watch it, I think we'll go into park, although we may get an ADR at the Wave and watch from the 4th floor balcony.

Sunday 26th October
Early morning at MK FOR THE LAST TIME! Before heading back to the pool and relaxing, and generally enjoying the hotel.

I'm thinking some last night drinks at the Outer Rim lounge (or any other of the hotels lounges)

Monday 27th October
OUR LAST DAY
I've decided we're going to start the day early and go for breakfast at Chef Mickeys, somewhere since coming to Disney where I've looked into and thought about, and to celebrate our holiday, we'll be ending it here!

We'll then lounge around and head off for some shopping and last minute bits before heading to the airport and dropping the car off.
Our flight back to Gatwick is 7.30pm so we don't want to rush any of the day, and just take it steady.

Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter