Weight Watchers Chat - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long update:

We were up in Canada last week, eating crepes (though to be honest I only had one of my own, and just bites of DS's, who strongly requests a crepe-a-day diet when in Vancouver) and Japadogs (a hot dog cart with Japanese inspired toppings...if interested, they have a website...of course, for us, we order the veggie dog version), and not drinking *quite* enough water. Either DS and I had to leave early so I could go to the weigh in on Saturday, I had to skip the meeting entirely, or I had to go to a meeting in Vancouver. Given the eating...I was afraid! DH kept reminding me that I tracked everything the best I could, that as far as I could tell I was "on plan" and totally fine, but I still worried.

Well, I decided not to leave early, so I was left with two choices.

It was down to the *hour* before the weigh in, and I decided to go. Walked briskly there in the chilly air,and entered the very warm room, and started sweating! I wished I had brought a washcloth to get rid of some of that water weight from my head! :rotfl:

Anyway, they were wonderful, and took my Monthly Pass (BC takes the same MP as the US has, but 3 of the other provinces do not, FWIW), and...I lost. :) Got to 26.4 total, and got to celebrate my 25 pound moment with total strangers! But they were awfully nice strangers, and I just couldn't stop smiling. I was just so happy I had gone. (and sad that hubby was working and simply couldn't get away to do the WI)

While there, I found out that WW-in-Canada was having 5K walks all over on Sunday, it was free, and I was welcome to join! I signed the three of us up, and we walked to the start (they were hooked up with a chain of running stores so we met there), walked the 5K, then walked back to the hotel. All in all nearly 6 miles of walking (can you say SORE?). The walk to the store/start was downhill, so you can imagine what it was like going back to the hotel, LOL.

I'm not sure if that will count for the 5K charm that some meetings have (mine does), but I'll ask! And if they don't, no biggie, since I'm doing a local 5K walk on Saturday that WILL count (I already asked). I'm hoping the soreness goes away by then! I'll have to take it easier for the upcoming one, though, since I'll have DS with me. Last week he walked with DH and I went ahead, but DH is on the second leg of his work trip and won't be here.

Now...I'm the first to say "ah, well, the crepes etc just hadn't been converted to fat yet, you'll see the gain next weigh in", and I am trying to steel myself for it! Trying to drink lots of water to make sure the traveling and dining out waterweight leaves ASAP.

We'll see what happens!

You certainly are inspiring! Thank you for telling us this about this adventure. And congrats on the 25 lbs AND the 5K!

I started back running this week. I would fast walk for 10 mins, then run for 5 mins, then back to walking. I did this for one hour and was able to get 4.30 miles in each time at the gym!

We ate out four times this week. Boathouse fried shrimp, Denny's breakfast, K&W lunch with sugar-free chocolate pie and grilled chicken plate at the Robin's Nest....I ate all my daily, weekly pts and activity pts. I didn't go over my points!

I'm down another 1 lbs...for a total 42 lbs!

Tonight was about making summer goals, my goal is to continue keeping my food journal and training for my 1/2 marathon for Feb. Keep the positive thoughts and help someone that may need a hand in something...it's so rewarding to see someone reach their goal too.

-Stephanie

My first weigh in tonight and (((drum roll please))) I lost 7 pounds. I ate tons of fruits and vegetables, drank a lot of water, ate all of my flex points and never let myself get TOO hungry. :banana:

Weigh-in day! I really had no idea what to expect this morning. I didn't have feelings either way. I stepped on the scale an -2.6! Woot! Woot! I am 0.2 away from 25#. It's sooooo close! Can I just say how much I :love::love::love: Simply Filling!

After you all have met your 5%, 10% and 25# goals, what kinds of goals do you set? Do you set any? My final goal seems so far away so I want some smaller goals.

ETA: Mermaid that's awesome!

Congrats to Bumber, NC State, debbie and Keah too, and anyone else that had a good week!

Weigh-in day! I really had no idea what to expect this morning. I didn't have feelings either way. I stepped on the scale an -2.6! Woot! Woot! I am 0.2 away from 25#. It's sooooo close! Can I just say how much I :love::love::love: Simply Filling!

After you all have met your 5%, 10% and 25# goals, what kinds of goals do you set? Do you set any? My final goal seems so far away so I want some smaller goals.

Congrats to Bumber, NC State, debbie and Keah too, and anyone else that had a good week!

When I was losing, I kept using 5 pounds as my goal, and then 50, and then finally my goal. Essentially, if I got an award for it, it was my next goal!

Great progress! I love reading all of these inspiring stories. I'm down almost 20 lbs since starting back with WW in March :) !! 20 down - 60 to go! ;) I haven't been able to post here much lately - so it's good for me to come back and see how well everyone is doing. I haven't exercised as much this week, so I'm off to do a 4 mile Leslie Sansone tape and then clean off my porch - gotta get those activity points!! Have a great day everyone!!

Linda

Hey everyone! I'm new here and to WW (just joined this week). I just wanted to say that it is really inspirational to see everyone's progress.

Last night was my first night down the shore. I'm down until Tuesday. I saved most of my points because I knew last night would be something less than stellar for dinner. Even after eating my crappy dinner I had a few extra points left for a snack!

Thanks Jules! I really needed such a big boost first week.... that means I'm only 4 away from my 5%.

At your meetings this week, were you asked to set an end-of-summer goal? I picked a weight that I thought was reasonable to reach. Without realizing it, I had chosen what works out to a pound a week, very doable in my opinion. For those of you who set goals, what did you pick?

At your meetings this week, were you asked to set an end-of-summer goal? I picked a weight that I thought was reasonable to reach. Without realizing it, I had chosen what works out to a pound a week, very doable in my opinion. For those of you who set goals, what did you pick?

I did same plus journal and continue to train for my 1/2 marathon in Feb.

It does sound doable - good for you. At our meeting today, they talked about setting an activity points goal for each week. I'm thinking that I should go with 28 - 4 pts a day. I'll try for that, anyway.

BTW - I'm down .8 - I'll take it... :) :)

Linda

It does sound doable - good for you. At our meeting today, they talked about setting an activity points goal for each week. I'm thinking that I should go with 28 - 4 pts a day. I'll try for that, anyway.

BTW - I'm down .8 - I'll take it... :) :)

Linda

Congrats! A loss is a loss!

As for me...like I mentioned several days ago, I am still struggling with how many points to eat. I manage to eat all of my daily points most days, but I don't usually eat activity points and I rarely eat weekly points. I am working out more than I ever have, so I just want to make sure I am eating enough. When I was on WW before, I never exercised much, so this is uncharted territory for me.

I haven't chosen a end of summer goal yet. I'm really just focusing on each day right now. I feel like this time is THE TIME I will be successful though. It feels "right" Does that make sense to anyone??

I haven't chosen a end of summer goal yet. I'm really just focusing on each day right now. I feel like this time is THE TIME I will be successful though. It feels "right" Does that make sense to anyone??

It makes total sense. I feel the same way! That is the attitude that will keep you going.

Congrats! A loss is a loss!

As for me...like I mentioned several days ago, I am still struggling with how many points to eat. I manage to eat all of my daily points most days, but I don't usually eat activity points and I rarely eat weekly points. I am working out more than I ever have, so I just want to make sure I am eating enough. When I was on WW before, I never exercised much, so this is uncharted territory for me.

I think that as long as you don't eat less than your points - AND you don't feel hungry, then you're doing fine, The exercise really helps - I hate to admit it, but it does. ;):)

Linda

Thanks for th advice! I'm definitely not hungry. I am going to try eating no activity points and all daily points and see how it goes.

It absolutely does!

This PP2012 program is the first time I've been able to imagine doing it forever. (or, as our previous leader liked to say, "you're here until you die!") And visualizing that feels really good, and very different from the other three times!

You certainly are inspiring! Thank you for telling us this about this adventure. And congrats on the 25 lbs AND the 5K!

Thanks!

My first weigh in tonight and (((drum roll please))) I lost 7 pounds. I ate tons of fruits and vegetables, drank a lot of water, ate all of my flex points and never let myself get TOO hungry. :banana:

Wowie, excellent start!

Woohoo!

When I hit 10% Shelley encouraged me to set a goal for the next 10 down. I keep calling it a "decade" but that's silly. Another tens place down, perhaps is a better way?

Great progress! I love reading all of these inspiring stories. I'm down almost 20 lbs since starting back with WW in March :) !! 20 down - 60 to go! ;)

Yay for 20 down!

2 more loss for me. :banana: I am at 18.6 according to them. :cool1:

Fabulous!

My WI yesterday showed a .2 loss. For the first time in any WW program, I'm happy with .2. (I talk a good game about "be happy with a loss!" but I know that the saying and the feeling are different from each other)

My WI was before yesterday's 5K walk, then I went back for the last meeting of the morning. My son was such a good sport about it all- waking up early, going to the center, walking, going back to the center... As the day went on it became apparent that it was about to be TOM (we're eternally trying for another child so that's always a bummer), which made me even more happy with the .2.

Yesterday I blitzed through Dailies, 7 points of Weeklies, and 5 points of APs (all the APs I got for the walk, according to my heart rate monitor). I was just so tired and grumpy and achey, and I wanted my normal food and a big dessert! We'll see how that plays out through the week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter