Welcome home trip September

Electron_si

Mouseketeer
We just came back from our welcome home trip. We purchased a 200 pt resale at PVB and closed in May so our trip was booked last minute. Despite that we were able to visit several resorts and cross a few off of our never stayed list. The 4 room split stay was manageable but would not do it again. It was fun getting to see so many DVC rooms in one trip though. We are a family of Five with boys aged 12, 8 and 1.

Night 1 VGF Resort Studio Lagoon View- This was our first time staying at VGF, and we really enjoyed it. The BPK lobby was really quiet and was a nice place to sit down, and the location on property was great, close to both pools and the lobby and restaurants. I thought the quick service options were some of the best on property, the pools were excellent and it was nice to have some shade with the trees around the main pool. We did GF cafe on arrival morning and the food was excellent. The chicken and waffles were probably the highlight, and the service was top notch. We ended up doing MK on arrival day and other than getting caught in a downpour and having to walk home in the rain it was excellent. We will absolutely be back to VGF, which I’m surprised to say because when we toured it I told me wife I wasn’t a big fan. I’ve completely changed my opinion after a stay there. One last note, there was major construction on the lobby building, and it was loud even at the pool but I would say it wasn’t a deal breaker. The barriers are walk ways all had signage and other than a long walk to quick service it was manageable.

Night 2 1 BR Villa VGF Standard View- All I can say is I wish we had this room for longer. I tried to stalk the first night to get two consecutive but wasn’t able to. The room size with dedicated bathrooms was great for our family, the Murphy bed was very comfortable and having a kitchen and full fridge was excellent. We were all sad to leave on checkout day. Also we got a bonus MK fireworks view that was really great as we were at HS that day.

Night 3-4 AKL Jambo 1 BR standard view- We ended up being in one of the buildings off the main corridor with a Savannah view and we were right by a feeding area. We had giraffes outside of our balcony mornings and evenings and it was probably one of the best parts of our trip. I was hesitant to spend the extra points for the Savannah view and if we stay again I will make sure to. All three of our boys sat and watched the animals and it was a great experience. We did a Boma brunch that was excellent, our server was great and provided us with several to go non-dairy milks for our little one after we asked about non dairy options for milk. The Boma Pool was nice for our older boys but we all enjoyed the Kidani pool and splash pad a lot more. They thought the water slide was better at Kidani as well. Only complaints were the darkness of the room and the pull out sofa. As an adult there is no way I could get a good night of sleep on that bed, luckily our boys didn’t mind it. We did also use the pull out sleeper chair as well.

Night 5 PVB Studio standard view- I requested Tokelau building and was disappointed when we ended up in Pago-Pago because of the stories I’ve read about looking into the parking lot. We ended up with a ground floor garden view and I have zero complaints. The flip down bed under the TV was great and both of our boys fit on it with no problems. Pago-Pago was a super quick walk to TTC and we hopped on the monorail to finish a night at Epcot. It was great not having to transfer to get to Epcot using TTC. We only used the lava pool but our boys said it was the best water slide on property behind the one at SAB. Captain Cooks had great food and we really enjoyed just walking around the grounds, this is still our favorite resort on property but VGF is now a close second.

Added a few pics of room views and a sunrise I caught at Poly.

Attachments

• IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2552.jpeg
    IMG_2552.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 27
Sounds like a great first DVC trip. Hats off to you doing a super split stay with 3 kiddos 👏🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter