Well, DCL has priced me out. :( So I'm giving NCL a try.

That was us for many years. Then we splurged on a balcony for Alaska and tried to go back to inside (or even ocean view). I didn't like it. I'm a morning person and I love going outside to fresh air first thing in the morning. The way Disney lays out their staterooms, I can keep the privacy curtain closed and go out on the balcony in the morning without disturbing my wife. When she is ready, she can come get me and I can lounge and read a book. Yes, I can do that out on deck, but it's so much more relaxing not having to look presentable and deal with people until I'm ready!!

On our three first cruises, we had verandahs. We loved it. I though it would be hard to go with an inside room last year but it wasn't... We compensated by having more more morning coffee (my husband just told me that he likes going out of the room during early hours and have the ship almost to ourselves), breakfast and lunch outside. Not sure we'll spend money on a verandah again unless we can have it for a smaller price difference.

We are booked on the Fantasy this summer and this will be our 2nd cruise on DCL. We are trying the Athem of the Seas to Bermuda next year. It leaves out of New Jersey so I can drive to the port. I have been researching NCL and Celebrity so I might try them next. I am not priced out of DCL yet, but I can only imagine what the increase in prices will be when the new ships come out!

Last edited:
We am booked on the Fantasy this summer and this will be our 2nd cruise on DCL. We are trying the Athem of the Seas to Bermuda next year. It leaves out of New Jersey so I can drive to the port. I have been researching NCL and Celebrity so I might try them next. I am not priced out of DCL yet, but I can only imagine what the increase in prices will be when the new ships come out!

Yep!

We are booked on the Fantasy this summer and this will be our 2nd cruise on DCL. We are trying the Athem of the Seas to Bermuda next year. It leaves out of New Jersey so I can drive to the port. I have been researching NCL and Celebrity so I might try them next. I am not priced out of DCL yet, but I can only imagine what the increase in prices will be when the new ships come out!

And all the people who can book first will put "holds" on cruises thus creating a higher demand and increased pricing for the people who can't book until silver or general. Disney has gotten the creating-the-feeding-frenzy part down pat! I've read about a lot of people trying to book the inaugural cruises already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter