• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well I'm home... Had a great time.

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
Well I’m on the plane home and thought I would write a little trip report… The 4-day trip started with a trip to the Doctor before we even left Milford. My Wife hurt a tendon in her knee and after a visit to the Doctor the Doctor and we agreed that she should not make the trip. I was not going to go but Sandy insisted that I go. I said no but she made me go (I’m not kidding I was not going just ask anyone who saw me Monday afternoon or Tuesday)… Anyway I made the trek down on my own and overall I had a good time. Now I’ll get on with the trip report.

Monday was not great as I got in to the parks at 4pm I did however run in to a few fellow DIS members. I thought about cheese soup but figured I would wait till I met up with everyone the next day. I was able to trade a few pins but overall Monday was very quiet. That changed on Tuesday. I ran in to a lot of DIS members and sorry if I don’t remember all your names but I do remember meeting all of you. I ran in to Epcot Kilter Fan (Fan is the wrong word. I even made an Off Kilter show with them) along with her Mom and SnoWhite and Lori and Fiver and her husband as well as LFG59 and Stephan (From Germany) at Pin Central. It is great to put a face and person to a lot of the names I see all the time. I then ran in to Larry yes THE LARRY. After a few hours of trading pins at PC I went off with Larry and we talked about pins and the up coming August event. I can’t say much at this time as it’s all rumors and educated guesses but I can tell you this it is going to be great. As I learn more I will share all the info I can get. As far as Larry if you have never met him make a point to try and do so. He is a great person and a lot of fun to trade with. The Day progresses fast and before I knew it was time to eat… You know what that means right??? CHEESE SOUP!!!

On the way over to Canada I did get to go in to a VIP lounge and it was very cool. I mean that I was very hot and it was very cool. Well when Larry and I got to Le Cellier we met up with Suzi (Parkhopper) and her friend Chris and I got to meet Dom as well as Epcot kilter Fan and her Mom. The table was ready and we were not all there so we waited a few but had to sit or I might have missed my cheese soup. Well 10 to 15 min’s later the sorcerer clan showed up (they took a keys to the kingdom tour and it ended at 2:15 and they trekked all the way over to Epcot for this) Well that made us a party of 11. We missed Shirley and John as well as my Wife and Stephan but we had a good time. For the record I had 2 cups of soup… I do want to point out that Jonie did as well. I want to thank everyone for coming and hope you all had a good time.

The meet on Tuesday night was great. Ran in to a an old friend Scott (scottakamickey) you might know him as Scott from Dizpins. A lot of trading went on and I traded for a few pins that I really wanted. I also saw a lot of people get pins that they were looking for and even a few tears as trades were done. Steve Z&X’s dad was there. Even better than that neither one of us went to jail (this time)… Although right after Steve left we did see a few Security Guards run in the same direction he went… I think the best part of the meet in all honesty was getting to see some of Dom’s artwork. If you ever get the chance to look at it do. He is very talented and that six-gun Mickey artwork he did is truly unbelievable. Suzi was a little late as she was at another meet and when she got there she showed me some of the pins she got. WOW!!! She got some of the best pins I saw all trip. I will let her tell you about them but I will say WOW!!! The meet broke up at about 11 or so (big day coming)…

As you know I got up at 4am to get a pin. Well Scott was with me (Had a extra bed in the room and traded him a pin for it) and we went in his car to the main gate. We got there at 4:45 and were amazed at the line of cars. We were in row 5 half way up. We did however get the right color wristband needed for the event pin. After getting in and meeting up with everyone else we waited in line at the entrance for about an hour. I got some of my best pins in that line. When the gates opened people went running…for about 5 feet. The cast members and event people stopped that right away. The quest for the pins was a lot of fun. The pins were very nice as well. I do want to point out that ALL the map pins are core pins. None except the 3 (or 2 if you had an orange wristband) that you got with your wristband and the free pin for getting your map stamped were LE. Even the free pin is not LE. It maybe LE only to the event though. Anyway Scott and I did our map and while doing so met up with Mickey527 and Jojo_CT and Dom13 who where working on there maps together. Well after a fun time getting our stamps Scott and I then met up with Larry for a little lunch. I would like to say that the crew at Dizpins is very good at what they do. I saw them in action looking for information and then verifying everything. I must say that the information they provide makes trading a lot easier. My hat goes off to them. After we ate and got our fish and chips we went and met the artists and saw the new pins coming out. I saw some very cool pins and some that will be on my wish list soon. The day ended for me at MGM at about 3:30. It was a great event and if you can make one I would recommend it.

Thursday started with what I thought was fog. It was in fact smoke. And I mean smoke. I was on the 6th floor of the Swan and you could not see the ground. I thought it was fog till I got outside to get my car… Then you could smell the burning. I went to MGM first to try and get some Computer Mickey’s for the people who asked for them last night on the boards but while I was standing waiting for the rope to drop at the back of the park I just could not breath. I had to leave with about 15 min’s to go. I hope someone can get you all the pins sorry. I went to AK as I needed a Pin Station Pin and while I was driving over and past Blizzard Beach I could not see the top of Summit Plummet there was so much smoke. At AK I was able to get my AP pin and the Pin Station Pin. On the back of the Pin Station pin it is stamped LE it is NOT an LE. That is a misprint. The next batch will not be stamped. I had to leave the AK almost as soon as I got there, as it too was hard to breath. I don’t suffer from any breathing problems so I was amazed at how strong it was. So I went to Epcot.

Well here there was very little smoke for some reason and while you could smell it was not overly bad. I got some great pins here and was sort of glad I had to leave the other parks. I traded for a LE 100 imaginering pin from California. They made it for themselves. It looks like the state of California and has a Sorcerer hat on top. I also got a press/convention pin for the new World Showplace. It will be right where the Millennium Village was. It is real cool and I’ll try and post a picture soon. Before I knew it was 1:20 and I thought my flight left at 2… So boy did I drive fast. I got to the ticket counter from Epcot in less than 40 min’s and that included dropping off my rental. My flight didn’t leave till 2:30… I missed a half hour of trading… Oh well there is always August.

Here is what I got that made it in to my permanent collection.

World Showcase Press pin
Born to Shop
The cool California pin
Red/Blue TDL 100 years of magic Pin Station Pin LE
Orange/Blue TDL 100 years of magic Pin Station Pin LE
DL Chip and Dales tree house
Goofy’s Mystery Tour 2001
MGM’s I know my purpose and Role LE 500 CM
WDW Easter Pin
Cast Appreciation pin from MGM
WDW AP 2001
We are just getting started cast exclusive Disney seas Tokyo
TDL Pooh as Santa
Market Place Free Pin from the event
6 hat pins to replace mine… These are signed
Goofy Nametag
Simba Name tag
Quasimodo Name tag
4 of the flex pins
CM Job line pin
CM Pop Century Resort Pin
AK CM Pin
Honey I shrunk the audience VIP Pin
Plane Crazy Disneyana pin from 1996
Make the dream come true pin for American express travel package
Walt Disney 100th year Dangle from TDL Store
Walt Disney 100th year Dangle from TDL Park
Donald 100th from TDL Store
Donald Pin From TDL that says we are experiencing Tec difficulties…
And the entire event pins from MGM.

I also some great extra pins to trade but that is another post.

I really had a great time but I can’t wait to see my Wife. I also I’m glad to have met so many of you. Till the next time

Thanks

Sandi -we were so sorry to hear about your tendon and hope that you are feeling stronger. Nat, as always you did extremely well with your trades! Looking forward the meet at your home - will you be sending along directions? Caroline:bounce:

Nat, I'm glad you had such a good trip! It was great to meet you and finally put a face to the name. Sounds like we left just in time, I wouldn't have been able to deal with that smoke! We almost got caught in the rainstorm on our way back to the hotel after the pin meet but got back just in time to watch it from our window. Those storms in FL are amazing. Thanks again for helping me finish off my Halloween set, Mickey has a prominent place on my bulletin board now (I know, I should really learn how to frame them!). Thanks again for your help, it was so nice to finally meet you. Wish I could be there in Aug. but it was too hot for me this time, I would melt in Aug. :)

Lisa

Wow Nat!!! You traded for so many great pins! And it sounds like everyone had such a great time. While you were all gone, I moped:(

But the good news is...DH says I can go to the June event!!! Yippee!!!!

Can't wait to see your trader list!

Leslie

PS Sorry to hear about Sandy's knee. Did you bring her back some Disney Magic to help with the healing process?

Leslie

Nat - so sorry to hear about Sandy's knee.

Sounds like you had a great time and your pin list looks spectacular. I totally agree Dom's art work is out of this world.

Looking forward to 5/27

Sandi he never said a word about you.....what a guy?...HOPE you feel better....anyway thanks nat for trading you DA MAN.....I'm out of disney jail now so I can post again....Biff from the epcot crew who got kicked into jail says HI nat...talk to ya later, Definetly in august....

Nat, I hope your wife is feeling better. I have a knee condition, so I am familiar with knee pain - not fun. Wasn't that smoke terrible? When I looked out from OKW Thursday a.m. I made a comment about all the fog. Then I opened the door - & quickly shut it! When the wind shifted it made quite a difference. I had no idea what to expect Wednsday at the Studios. We didn't get the wristband pins, but we did the scavenger hunt part & bought most of those pins. I haven't unpacked the car or looked at my pins since I got home, but I brought home another shoe box full of pins - trades & purchases.

Nat,

It was great meeting you at the MGM event--even if I did get lost on the way to the coffee!! We tried to keep up with you guys in chasing down the event pins, but to no avail... We were hot on your tail until Ballerina Minnie, then we lost you.

I don't think I had a chance to tell you, but right outside Pizza Planet, Margaret was awarded a "Continuing the Traditions" pin by a CM on Wednesday, then on Friday, Tori received one. As for me, all I got was 2nd on the Top Ten list in WWTBAM, and thanks to you, Bamboo Mickey, a gold DL AP, and an extra Backstage Pass (which I promptly traded for one of last year's Artist Choice pins).

It was great putting faces to all the names from DIS. Thanks for the trades.

Jim

Jim that is very cool... It was great to meet you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter