We're back! Isabella found BIG Disney magic!

crazyforgoofy

Finally - Isabella's forever Mom! 9/08/05
I'm posting a short trip report here as so many of you have encouraged and supported us as we became "caretaker" grandparents for Isabella a few weeks ago. We're back from nearly 8 days of fun and magic at WDW. So here's what she thought about things and what we did:

Some warm weather, some cold, some rainy but still a great time. Port Orleans, French Quarter is PERFECT for a family with a little one or two. We were in building three near everything. Isabella loved the room and the resort except for the big hanging decorations in the food court. She gives a big thumbs up to the "kid sketti", the hot dogs, the apple juice and milk, the cinnamon rolls, the peaches and grapes. She loved sitting near the movies playing in the food court, they distracted her from the scary things hanging from the ceiling. The swimming pool is perfect, the slide is wonderful. She and Grandpa flew down it many times on warm days.

The wealth of characters meant heaven for her. She loved most of them with the exception of a few "mean" ones. She especially loved Cinderella, Belle, the "seven dorfs" and the "very Godmother."

The Christmas decorations delighted her heart. She saw Santa and Mrs Claus at Epcot and was thrilled. They were perfect and she got to tell them how much she wants a bike for Christmas.

She literally crowed with delight when she danced with Bear in the Big Blue House. She was fearless at It's Tough to be a Bug and the Haunted Mansion. She drove the "big people cars" but thinks she's a "crazy driver". She love spinning in the teacups and adored the "horsies".

She adored Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. She wore her Zowie red sweatshirt, Mickey Santa Ears and striped Christmas tights. She did resemble a little elf. The snow on Main Street made her laugh and dance. And she was chosen to play a part in Belle's Enchanted Christmas (Angelique who wears wings and helps Belle decorate the castle and then lights the Christmas tree. She still can't figure out how she made it light up so has decided it has to be magic). Belle's friend Karen asked me if she could "borrow" Isabelle and took her backstage to spend some special one on one time with Belle. We took pictures, Belle gave her a princess lipstick kiss and asked her what her favorite ride in Fantasyland was. She chose the "horsies" on the Carousel and they took her there immediately, entered by a side gate, put her on Cinderella's own horse and rode with her chatting and waving to everyone. Afterwards they took her to meet Sleeping Beauty, the "very Godmother" and Cinderella. Finally Belle gave her hugs and kisses and left her to go get ready for the parade. Karen stayed with us, took us for a long walk through the park and found a place to watch the MVMCP parade. She sat with Isabella at the curb, introduced herself and Isabella to several other children and just generally was wonderful. When Belle came by in the parade with her Beast she waved and waved to Karen and Isabella. Talk about a magical experience! There was definitely pixie dust involved, believe me.

We all three had a wonderous time. The grownups could barely keep up with her pace but we so loved watching her enjoy the magic.

We took 125 photos, mostly of a happy little girl having fun with characters and on rides. She didn't ask about her absent parents much and seemed to shrug off the many worries and sorrows she's had in her little life. She said "I love you" to me for the first time (actually about 50 times) while we were there. It's a good thing we made happy memories too because when we arrived home we learned that her mother is in trouble again and won't be able to see her at Christmas time except across a table in a visitor's room in a detention facility. How'd you like to have to explain that to a 4 year old who was looking forward to spending the weekend with her mommy?

We're home now, decorating like crazy as Isabella says she doesn't remember ever having a Christmas tree before. We've done lots of shopping for presents and tomorrow we start baking cookies.

Life continues to be an adventure for the three of us.

Thanks again to you all for your encouragement, well wishes and advice. You made our trip even more magical!

Sorry this didn't end up being short after all.

Isabella's "grandMary Alice" aka crazyforgoofy.

I'm so glad to hear that you all had a great time. It sounds like there was a lot of pixie dust involved in your trip. Let's hope that some of it carries over into your lives to smooth out some of the rough edges. Isabella is a lucky little girl to have two grandparents who care so much about her.

Thanks for the report.

I remember your original past and had been wondering how you all did.

As I said in the first post, she is SO lucky to have you!

You made some special memories for her:D I'm so glad you all had a good time:D

She's a lucky little girl. I am glad that you were able to have a magical time. Have a wonderful holiday!

Sounds magical! Thanks for posting!

It sounds as though Isabella had a wonderful time Alice, and I'm sure that because of you she'll have a wonderful Christmas too :p

What a magical trip.
I was wondering how things went and was hoping for a great trip for your "new" family.

Thank you for posting this update. I remember your original posting, and I had tears in my eyes reading about your trip because it's sounds like Isabella had a chance to be a child for the first time. Does she believe in Santa Claus now? It sounds like you and your hubby had a wonderful time too.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's troubles, but I'm sure you'll still give Isabella the best Christmas of her life.

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. What a wonderful trip!!! As someone who works with teenagers who have come from very difficult pasts, it warms my heart that Isabella has wonderful grandparents to help her have a happy childhood. Good Luck and God Bless!

Thank you so much for posting your trip report update! I was also wondering about the three of you. It sounds like you all had such a wonderful and magical trip!!!

I'm sure Isabella is so very grateful for the love, stability, and warmth you and DH provide her. Best wishes to you all.

Happy Holidays!

Nice to hear you had a wonderful time it sounds as though Isabella has finally discovered that there are people she can love and trust that will always be there to support her. Good luck and God Bless.

I am sure the holidays will bring you more joy despite the problems your daughter is experiencing.

MandaMom

I am so happy for you! I was wondering about the trip and how it went.... I cried when I read all the magic you all shared! My kids think I'm nuts! I am sorry about your daughter.... I know that you and your hubby will find a way to make christmass just as magical. :D

Hello,
I'm so happy and thrilled that you all
had such a magical time!!
My own 4 year old wants to know why
I'm crying right now. I'm trying to explain
to her that they are very happy tears.
I hope you all have a very Merry
Christmas and a safe and Happy New
Year.
Patty

So glad to hear about your trip. It sounds as if all three of you had a wonderful time. How lucky Isabella is to have you and your husband! Both of you are very lucky too - she sounds like an adorable little girl! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter