• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're going to Aulani first time!

Arthur27

Go Gators!
My family and I are going to Aulani next June for the first time! We are excited to say the least. Being that we are 7 months out when is it the best time to look for airfare from the east coast - Florida specifically?

I'd start looking now. We're going next June as well, and I booked our flights back in August (we used airline miles on American this trip).

We actually own at the Marriott Ko Olina, and have been many times. I always start looking for airfare at the 330 day mark, and when I find a good rate (using miles, we always do that), I book it.

We fly out of the DC/Baltimore area, so have 3 airports to choose from (although BWI is preferred, this trip we're in and out of DCA but going for a month).

Not sure what airport is closest to you, but if you have alternates to look into, it may be worth it (like if you're close to Tampa or Orlando look at either?).

I prefer to only have one stop, but for the first time our next trip going over we have two stops. It was worth it to me to get first class with the lowest mileage (return through DFW is one stop and lie flat seats, which is so much nicer).

The cyber deals today were disappointing. However, we will be booking soon. Thanks for the advice! It's going to be an exciting trip and we're looking forward to it. I love planning trips just as much as going on them.

I like booking on Alaska or Southwest because if the fares drop, you get the money/miles refunded. It has helped us on a few trips. Good luck!

I ended up booking with American out of Orlando. They had the best price and times. Alaska wasn't too far behind American price wise but their layovers were too much. Now all I have to do is sit around and wait for next JUNE! :rolleyes2 I know...poor me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter