what age?

Ohpair

Earning My Ears
OK I knew I wouldn't be able to stay away!!.

I'm pregnant with my first, so we wont be going to Disney this year :( but I cant help but think about our next trip (last one Sept 10th 2001!!)
I wouldn't even consider taking a baby but was kind of thinking we could go to DLP when the baby is 2 and then maybe Florida when he/she is 4. What do you think?? would 4 be too young?? - that's going say September/October time, not in the real heat. Or do you think we should wait till he/she is older?

Katy

My son's first trip to WDW was when he was 4. He is 7 now and still remembers a lot of it. He had a great time. So no I don't think it's too young.

Our youngest DD was 4 when we went in 1997 - she loved it. We were amazed how well she coped. We never had a buggy and she happily worked round the parks all day.

We are taking our Baby when she will be just 1 month short of 2 years old. We are going in September, when it's not as hot and staying at the HRH so there isn't the long walk from the parking lot to the parks. I figured staying at HRH also gives me FOTL also, so getting to the parks early isn't that important, and also we can take her back quickly when she's tired and with priority seating there shouldn't be a long wait for a table.

A friend took her girl at 17 months and said it was fine. I know she won't remember any of it, it's just I can't wait 4 or 5 years to visit Florida again, and it's our 10th wedding anniversary and we couldn't afford a honeymoon first time around, you know how it is.....

Kev Harrison.

Hi

My youngest DD was 17 months when we took her for her first visit to FL in 94. She is 9 now and she says she cant remember any of it. :D
However we did take plenty of pictures and video for her to look at.;)
We also went in September which was nice, not too hot for her.

We have always said that we would not hesitate to take a baby..JMHO:D

We went last Oct and our youngest DD was 2 months short of 2 years old. Although we could've still paid the infant price for her we decided to pay the child price and then she would have her own seat on the plane as its way too long to have her sit on the lap! She coped absolutely fine. The weather was bearable for us all and we had her buggy with us so she could sleep when ever she needed to. Although I'm sure she doesn't/won't remember any of it she certainly enjoyed it whilst there which is another reason we can't wait to go back.

Annmarie

we took our dd when she was 3 and we had a great time - my friends took their son at 4 months and then again at 18 months, and said 4 months was dead easy - 18 months a little trickier.

I would take a baby/toddler anywhere that i wanted to go, in fact I think younger babys are much more portable than toddlers- as long as they are fed and watered, they are quite happy to be anywhere.

I would suggest choosing a cooler month if possible - but other than that, I would go as soon as you are ready.

Bev

We took DD#2 at 3 years old and she LOVED it!

We just did short days, factored in loads of swimming breaks etc. Her only problem was falling asleep in her dinner every night! LOL

We took DS 1 when he was 18 months and DS 2 when he was 1 in fact he had a character breakfast on his birthday. We have taken them alternate years since, they will be 8 and 6 next trip (Feb) and it is starting to get easier in some ways but harder in others as they both have very definate ideas of what they want to do.
I certainly wouldnt hesitate to take a baby as long as it wasnt too hot.

Th first time that we went my two were 3 months and 22 months respectively. Boy was it hard getting there, but once there it was fantastic. The second time Simon was 4years and Becca was 6years, and we had the most amazing time. It was in the height of the Summer, because that was the only time that we could go, but it didn't matter at all. Go for it! Carolyn

In my case it was a case of possibly not being able to afford to go too often. So we decided to wait until they were old enough to a. remember it, b. be big enough to go on most rides, and c. weren't too old to appreciate the magical bit, so we will be taking our kids who will be 9 and 6 when we go. Yes it was a long wait and many times I was tempted but now that it is booked I am so glad I waited. On saying that if the money had been spare whilst they were younger (and I could have guaranteed going back now) I would have gone in a shot. By the way we did do DLP 1.5 years ago and for travel and size at that age it was just right for us. So this is just a personnal opinion but it may help.

No child is too young and no adult to old to go to disney 1st time we went our eldest was 5 at the time we caried on going even the youngest was in the womb wehen he first went left it untill he was 16 months old then started going again he is now 6 and has been 7 times and has allways loved it we carnt wait to the time that we can go without the children but even when they leve home i think that they will still want to come with us

regards paulh
we fly in 12 hours and carnt wait to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter