What are my chances ...?

biged9973

Earning My Ears
We had gifted our niece a week at Aulani for her honeymoon. Unfortunately she has had a medical emergency and will not be able to go on the trip. As we were in the 30 day window the points have been put into holding points and will expire Nov 30th. My question is what are the chances of any availability the week of Nov 9th with the very limited 60 day booking window? That is the only time we would be able to travel due to our work/life schedules. Or should we just try to rent the points?

Thanks in advance

That’s a popular week so I think it could be difficult, However, you might be able to piece things together, even if it means a split stay.

I think SSR is your best chance. With renting, at least you’d have the rolling 60 day window to get them used up.

Kind of unfortunate that the points are Dec UY because you won't be able to do the trick that allows you to swap holding points for regular points for a reservation at 60 days out as the regular points would then about to expire and unable to be banked.

Agree with Sandi, you may be able to piece together a couple of nights at SSR/AKV/OKW in a mixture of studios/1BRs.

I would also consider asking member services for a one time exemption to get the points out of holding if it's a significant amount of points that are in holding. Couldn't hurt to ask /shrug

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter