What are the 5 things you MUST have on a long haul flight??

My family is always number 1

-paperwork & passports
-medication eg arnica,sleep spray, panadol, ventolin, hayfever medication
-travel stockings/flip flops/ change of clothes after having to shop last year after our flight never am i traveling without these things in a carry on
-camera chargers and tom tom for the same reason as above we missed so many photo ops by all our chargers being in our checked in luggage
-lip balm

ooohhhh..i forgot to say tom tom as i don't want it pinched out of my checked luggage..with my ipad and cameras...
its a shame we cant trust baggage handlers not to go thru our stuff..I'm sure it wasn't like this 20 yrs ago, we didn't even lock our bags back then..how things have changed :offtopic:

hjd0411 - what is Evian Spray and what do you use it for

WAMUMOF4 - I always take a change of clothes for that reason but I had never thought about phone chargers/ camera chargers etc. Thanks for that.

I'm also loving the flip flop tip too :)

Hmmm - interesting answers!!

I'm interested in your noise cancelling head phones - what is a good brand? And comfortable, of course!! I will need a pair for this trip, I think!

Thanks! :)

We have had the Bose QC2 version for about 8 years, the equivalent now is the QC15, an around ear type and you can wear for the whole flight. I would think they are much more comfortable to wear than the on ear type like the QC3.

There are other brands that are much cheaper and work just as well, suggest search and read the reviews.

How they work is the headphone set have microphones which then with technology invert the sound and cancel out certain frequencies, believe me it goes eerily much quieter when you turn them on.

I have tried another brand but IMO the Bose are the best but also the dearest but I have heard they will replace FOC even after 4 years if there is a warranty problem.

Suggest try Bose Australia and Ebay as well. Even if you buy from Bose in the US they will honor the warranty in Australia.

Thanks Colin! And Karen! Looks like Bose is good!! I will do some research - I have time! :thumbsup2

Ms Shuttergirl - Evian spray is an aerosol spray can of Evian water (you can get different brands), which I spray on to rehydrate my skin, then follow with moisturiser. You can buy it at any chemist shop. I never leave home without it! Also nice on a hot day if you refrigerate it and spray on!! Very refreshing. When I travel one is always in my backpack!

I know what you mean about things in your bag, Karen. I never put camera/Tom Tom/computer/iPad in my check in baggage. Apart from damage, there is always the problem of theft. I look a bit like a pack horse getting on the plane, but I know nothing will be damaged or stolen!!! :worried:

I know what you mean about things in your bag, Karen. I never put camera/Tom Tom/computer/iPad in my check in baggage. Apart from damage, there is always the problem of theft. I look a bit like a pack horse getting on the plane, but I know nothing will be damaged or stolen!!! :worried:

Qantas don't want you to pack those items in your checked in luggage - the batteries (Li ion) are classed as dangerous goods and must go in your carry on. So might as well take the whole camera/tablet/laptop/smart phone on board

I have now converted from back pack to small roller bag, purely for the sake of all my electronic stuff...weighs a ton...plus I always seem to choose the largest hard cover book to read onboard..that never gets opened:scratchin
this time I think:confused3, no book for me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter