What are the food vouchers I've seen some posts on?

Most people on this forum seem to purchase the vouchers... Does it save one a lot of money... I did read the link but I am confussed as to why people buy them and how they decide which to buy?? Can anyone help explain.... Thanks.

We're going in 10 days and we've got 6 Quick & Casual vouchers and 2 Premium lunch vouchers. We're 2 adults and staying for 9 days.

We chose to do the vouchers because they were a good option when considering where we wanted to eat.

My DH wanted to eat at rainforrest Cafe, We have done that before and he liked their food a lot. Last time we were there he was contemplating ordering the steak and lobster meal, but chose the steak, promising to try the surf & turf next time. With that in mind the premium lunch vouchers became a good deal.

The last two times we've been at WDW we have stayed at CSR. We really like the food at the pepper market, but recognize that for a "food court" it is expensive. We're planning to visit to eat this time, and therefore the Q&C vouchers is a good deal.

I could continue like this. It all comes down to where you want to eat, How much you eat (food sharing) and when you eat. If you do the main meal at lunch you can get a lot of value from the premium vouchers IF you chose the more expensive restaurants. Depending on where you usually eat it can either be a way to save money or a way to eat at some places you would normally not choose.

We plan to do about half and half. Half the time we plan to use the vouchers and the other half the time just paying at the time or prepaid like the CP.

So whether you can save money or not depends on what your original dinner plans were - the vouchers are only a good deal at some (and not even the majority) of the restaurants.

Helle :cool1:

I wouldn't say most. A lot of budget boarders buy them. They don't save money for everyone.

The Q&C vouchers (which are what most people talk about) can be purchased through Hotwire for $11.50. You can use them at counter service places and will get an entree, side, dessert and drink. You can visit the menus at www.allearsnet.com to discover if this is a good deal for you or not - it isn't for us because we don't do extra sides or desserts with our counter service meals. At two places at WDW its pretty difficult to not lose money - Beaches and Cream and Pepper Market. We don't find either of these restaurants convienent - but plenty of people go out of their way to dine here for the value vouchers provide. People who save money often split meals - at a counter service restaurant this is quite a bit of food. Some people don't buy them to save, but prefer the "prepay option"

There are also breakfast vouchers. Its pretty hard not to save a buck or two (or maybe a little more) on these - as tax and tip are included.

There are VKL vouchers - lunch vouchers for sit down places. Often a great deal at Rainforest Cafe, but often a losing proposition if all you want is a burger for lunch at the Sci Fi Drive In.

Then there is the new MYW dining option - available if you are a guest at a Disney resort. $35 a day gets you one counter service meal, one sit down meal and one snack. Its quite the bargain - if you will be eating a sit down meal each day of your trip. It does need to be purchased for everyone in your party and, I believe, cover all days of your stay. But you can do three sit down meals one day, none the next - if you wish.

Yes, tell us more about the MYW dining option!!

My understanding: You will need to be staying on site. You will need to add this for each day of park time - i.e. if you have a 4 day pass, you'll need to buy 4 days worth of dining options. You need to add this for everyone in your party. These will not be sold until after January 2nd - and they may only be available in packages - so this may not be a good value if you can't use room codes......

But honestly, I don't know too much about them - they look really cool, but we are DVC members and so they aren't currently being offered to us.

From Mousesavers:

For most people, the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining will be the best value. To add the dining plan to a basic package, you'll pay only $35 per night per adult, $10 per night per child (ages 3-9). For that amount you'll get a sit-down meal, a counter-service meal and a snack each day! That is a terrific value -- it will be very easy to get your money's worth.

The best part is that the new dining plan is flexible, allowing you to swap a sit-down meal for a Character meal, or use two sit-down meals to attend a dinner show or eat at one of the higher-priced restaurants. You also have flexibility in when you use the meals. If you want to eat three of your sit-down meals in one day, you can.

Its not that DVC members cannot purchase MYW tickets, its that the packages that you add meal plans to include resort and tickets. The problem for DVC'ers is that we use our membership points to book the resort so we don't book the packages. We can, it just doesn't work best that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter