What Are The Odds They Bring Happily Ever Back Sooner Rather Than Later?

Though unthinkable to those of us who track Disney minutiae with obsessive compulsion, I suspect the vast majority of Disney guests don't even know there's a theme to the fireworks presentations. It's just fireworks, nothing more complicated than that.

Look it's me. I just see explosions in the sky. Are there explosions in the sky? Then I'm happy.

Though unthinkable to those of us who track Disney minutiae with obsessive compulsion, I suspect the vast majority of Disney guests don't even know there's a theme to the fireworks presentations. It's just fireworks, nothing more complicated than that.

A lot of truth here. They go every 2 or 3 years if they are lucky, they see a fireworks show with some neat projections, they wait in a long line for Space Mountain, they move on with their lives.

I also don't see it coming back, at least not until the 18 month anniversary event ends. But what is interesting is that, from a technical stand point, I guess they could bring it back. Since they did both shows back to back it doesn't look like they had to switch out many lights, projectors, or firework launchers. I bet that if they really, really wanted to, they could probably transition between the two fairly easily. This is in contrast to Illuminations to Harmonious, where they had to install and reinstall new lights and barges.

I also don't see it coming back, at least not until the 18 month anniversary event ends. But what is interesting is that, from a technical stand point, I guess they could bring it back. Since they did both shows back to back it doesn't look like they had to switch out many lights, projectors, or firework launchers. I bet that if they really, really wanted to, they could probably transition between the two fairly easily. This is in contrast to Illuminations to Harmonious, where they had to install and reinstall new lights and barges.

I just want the Illuminations music back. Keep the new barges and update the fireworks, that would be fine by me, I just want the music.

I just want the Illuminations music back. Keep the new barges and update the fireworks, that would be fine by me, I just want the music.
Me too. I would also love an updated Illuminations. A much bigger spinning Earth would have made the show so much better. It was always hard to see what was projected on there. Even projecting stuff on the new barges would be nice. Maybe by Epcot’s 50th they will bring it back in some form.

'Happily Ever After' was an absolute masterpiece. The new one looks and feels like the product a Marketing team instead of a Creative team.

I might warm up to it, but it would not surprise me at all if they brought back 'Happily Ever After' once the anniversary year is over.

I've watched the streams a couple of times. It's not terrible, and it's probably different if you're actually there. I'm sure there will be tweaks that tighten the whole thing up even further. They've made it pretty clear that Enchantment isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so here's to hoping it just gets better over time.

I had to look up the cake castle mentioned. Oh my! That is hideous!

How would you rank this new show against DL fireworks? I love DL fireworks but was blown away by HEA. Is the new one somewhere in between or not even as good as DL?

I'd pay for an after hours event that did the electrical parade and one of the retired fireworks shows. My first time at Disney was in 2018 I think, so I've never seen Wishes or the night parade. There are so many things I'd have rather seen updated than the fireworks show.

Saw it last week and hated it. Nothing to do about it except let it go like I’ve tried to do with illuminations.
On the bright side, I won’t need to stay late in the parks which we only did to watch the fireworks.
Now I can relax at my resort and have cocktails 🍸

Saw it last week and hated it. Nothing to do about it except let it go like I’ve tried to do with illuminations.
On the bright side, I won’t need to stay late in the parks which we only did to watch the fireworks.
Now I can relax at my resort and have cocktails 🍸

I like the way you think!!!8-):dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter