What are the tells of a fake Pre Duffy Disney bear

Ennazus8810

DIS Veteran
So I came home tonight and was telling my wife about Duffy. I had never heard of him. So after I tell her all about what I had read, she tells me that she has one.

She went upstairs and got him off the shelf. I had never put 2 and 2 together. She bought him in 2003 back before he was Duffy and before we were together.

I decided to look him up on ebay to see if he was worth anything. Um yeah....so he is now listed. The last purple one that sold went for over $1k.

I was reading that there are quite a few repros out there and I was wondering what the tells are on them. I am 100% certain this one is legit because she bought it in the park, but I want to have some knowledge of what I'm selling.

Any experts out there who can tell me how you identify the fakes?

Edit: And fail.....I didn't realize I was logged into her account. Oops.

My granddaughters have a couple of these pre-duffy bears. I think they were called my first disney bear. One is brown and one is pink.

I don't really know much about the 1st Duffy bear, but he did make a previous appearance here in the States. When he didn't go over as well as Disney had hoped, they pulled him off the shelves and sent him over to Tokyo where he has sold like hotcakes! He even has a girlfriend available over there, Shellie Mae.

Thanks! I bought him 8 years ago Because I thought the story was cute behind him and I liked purple. Boy is my hubby glad I did :goodvibes

I guess if I really wanted to sell mine, I could probably get quite a bit. I have a total of 9 different ones. I have the purple, turquoise blue, pink, white, light brown, brown and dark brown. Plus I have the My First Disney Bear and one dressed up as Santa. My favorites are the white one and turquoise blue. They changed the color of blue and I did not like the newer color. I think the only other one I don't have is the black one. I even have 4 different little ones - a pink keychain, and 3 with magnets in the paws. One of the magnet ones is a Christmas one and the other two are different sizes.

I found that the Build-a-Bear clothes fit these bears. I have a really pretty Tinker Bell outfit on the white one and we dressed one in a pirate outfit.

I wish you well on your auction, My wife likes to collect anything disney I think we have about 1000 pins it got insane over the years...lol:rotfl2:

I was looking on ebay:happytv: as she has expressed her likes in the Duffy bear can you gusy tell me what makes soem worth 1000 and some worth 50 bux I am not real sure what to look for when buying her duffy bears.

Thanks in advance

I got one in Disney World a LONG time ago. Mine is actually a little keychain thing, so it is fairly small, but it still is a pre-duffy. They had tons of colors, but mine is pink. I'm pretty sure it came from "The Emporium".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter