What Are They Doing? Is This Frozen?

dieumeye

DIS Veteran
Haven’t seen anyone comment on this tweet from Scott Trowbridge.

I’m excited because this is at least confirmation that they are finally doing something with this area.

Pre-Covid I remember the speculation was that this area would be turned into a Frozen themed subsection of Fantasyland.

I hope they figure out a way to put an actual ride in this area. I know it was home to the motor boats, but other than that there isn’t all that much room there so I wouldn’t expect a big E ticket attraction. Although I would love to be wrong!

It’ll be nice to see this area utilized for something, although I admit I’ll be a little disappointed if it’s just a meet and greet space with maybe a play area and small quick service.

Hopefully we get some news at D23.

Ever since Frozen came out Disneyland has been trying to experiment with having a Frozen themed section to promote the movie because when you look at it Disneyland has been trying to expand Fantasyland like Magic Kingdom did in Walt Disney World with the New Fantasyland section and Disneyland hopes that the same idea will work for them as well. What I think what that area will be will be a Frozen themed food stand where they will sell Frozen themed snacks such as Anna's favorite desserts and Olaf's snowcones and attached will be an area with a Frozen backdrop to stand and pose for pictures and a building for Anna and Elsa's meet and greet and other Frozen characters. Or Disneyland could be also planning to expand the Pixie Hollow section with a ride and add a Pixie Hollow shop to it. It could also be Disneyland's Royal Fairytale Hall like Magic Kingdom has in Walt Disney World. But I think Disneyland might be thinking of moving the character meet and greet area in Fantasyland to a smaller location because when you have indoor meet and greets they can get crowded with people and a smaller area works wonders for them. Either way it goes it will be nice to see this area of Disneyland get some attention

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter