What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

safetymom

dis veteran
I am thankful for my 3 children, my son and daughter in law, my beautiful granddaughter and the new granddaughter expected in Feb.

I wish my late husband and my parents could be with us this year. They would be so proud of the kids.

So what are you thankful for?

I am thankful for a very caring husband who happens to be my best friend. Together we have made 2 very unique and wonderful children who never cease to amaze me. I am grateful that most of my family is still with me even though we are all going through some rough times health wise. Mostly I am grateful that while my DH lost a job 3 years ago and was without work for 2 years that we never went into major debt and were able to live by very modest means and will weather this new financial storm intack.

And last but not least, I am grateful for the "Dis". A place to chill. Be myself without any worries and for the thick skin I grew while being here, so that I no longer sweat the little remarks and enjoy the company of many new found friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am so grateful for my family and that includes my husband, my three sons and their fantastic wives and my 7 almost eight grandchildren.

I am thankful for:
my family and friends
we have plenty to eat
we are warm and dry tonight
and that I was able to see the sun rise and set today

911 service in our county. I thank God for the wonderful Paramedics & Firemen who transported me to the hospital last Thursday. And the medical staff who figured out that I had a viral inner ear infection :sick: and not a stroke!

I am thankful that when they tested my house for carbon monoxide there was NONE!

I am thankful for the PTA members who took me to the MD's and rode with me in the ambulance. And for the 2 Moms who stayed with me in the ER until DH could get there!

I am thankful my dh's boss told him to fly home to be with me in the ER ... while dh was in the midst of a VERY BIG :scared1: contract negotiations in Chicago.

I am thankful MEDIC ALERT that "talked" for me when I couldn't.

I am so truly blessed by neighbors, friends, and church family who took care of our kids, kept them over night x 2, brought us meals and got some very special Twinnings tea "just to make me feel better".

I am also blessed that our new church (been there 6 weeks) has prayed for me & my family daily. And all the others who prayed for my healing!

I am TRULY blessed!

wuv tigger

I am thankful for my wife, daughter and son. That we've survived another year and have done so without any loses in our family.

As I said on another thread:

God has blessed our family and allowed us to take 5 trips as DVC members over the last 10 years. All 5 trips have been with a large groups(16+) of family members. My DW, DD(17) and DS(16) along with both sets of grandparents and SIL and her family. The trips to WDW have been the best trips our family has ever taken.

How many parents get to see their kids and parents enjoying a ride together on Space Mountain or Test Track or just laughing or crying at one of the shows? That's the beauty of Disney. There's no other place on earth that could have provided us the stage to have such wonderful times together.

As my parents age I worry about them not being able to make many more trips with us - and that's just part of life. I look back on our trip last Christmas and I don't think there will ever be another Christmas like it. Just magical in everyway but sad to think there might be only one like it in my lifetime.

Then I realize the my kids will become parents themselves someday and then the cycle will continue. They will travel to WDW with their kids and bring us to enjoy the same things that they themselves enjoyed with their grandparents.

I say it again, there's no place on earth where this could happen and I thank God every day that we've had that opportunity to let WDW into our lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter