what bag do you take on the plane as your 'personal item?'

alicia1506

DIS Veteran
i know in previous luggage threads we've talked style of luggage, when we pack, what we pack and what bags we take into the parks/on excursions.

my current question is...what bag do you take on the plane as your 'personal item'.

last year i took a small messenger bag (barely large enough to fit a kindle + wallet + passport.

this year i am thinking of something slightly larger, such as this:
26-2-12323.jpg

which can be used as a tote bag or shoulder/cross body messenger bag and will fit slightly more in it.

my sister took a large laptop carry bag with her laptop + associated onboard travel items, and carlo took a large billabong backpack with travel pillow, camera, wallet etc inside...

just wondering what kind of luggage you all take as your 'personal item' -- is it a regular handbag, a tote, a backpack, messenger bag etc??

i know on some of our domestic flights in the usa, we saw people get on with 3 or 4 'tote bags' as their 'personal item' so it seems it wasn't policed very well, but i try and stay within the airline's policy for size/weight & # of items just in case they do some kind of spot check... plus, i think the aussie airlines police it pretty well :)

I take a largish handbag that can fit my iPad, travel documents, purse, phone etc. Then we also had a backpack for DH and DD. The bag you have pictured looks perfect to me. :thumbsup2

Same answer as last question. My little Mickey Back Pack :thumbsup2

BecBennett said:
Same answer as last question. My little Mickey Back Pack :thumbsup2

I would love a mickey backpack but the ones i have seen are usually too small. Will be keeping my eyes open next year at world of disney for a good sized and good quality one :)

I'm in the process of figuring out what to do :rolleyes: This is my carry on bag which will have a wide range of things in it.
LTRQAJBIH-RIPCURL-1.JPG

I'm taking a small festival bag:
e4ad77ee41afe44e6c0257f982b1a637525f9596_1000x1000.jpg

but I'm thinking I'll pack that and take a handbag just to have extra space on the plane if I need it, you never know :thumbsup2

I saw this bag for $50 the other day:
14-B265BLK-URBANORIGINALS-1600.JPG

but I'm still hoping to get this style in a different print and my current handbag has started to tear where the handles attach to the bag because I tend to stuff it sometimes and generally have a full mizone bottle of water weighing it down :rolleyes1 so all in all I don't know what my personal item will be yet :rotfl: joining in to see what other people do ;)

Sorry the photos are so big, not quite sure how to make them smaller :rotfl2:

I'm in the process of figuring out what to do :rolleyes: This is my carry on bag which will have a wide range of things in it.
LTRQAJBIH-RIPCURL-1.JPG

I'm taking a small festival bag:
e4ad77ee41afe44e6c0257f982b1a637525f9596_1000x1000.jpg

but I'm thinking I'll pack that and take a handbag just to have extra space on the plane if I need it, you never know :thumbsup2

I saw this bag for $50 the other day:
14-B265BLK-URBANORIGINALS-1600.JPG

but I'm still hoping to get this style in a different print and my current handbag has started to tear where the handles attach to the bag because I tend to stuff it sometimes and generally have a full mizone bottle of water weighing it down :rolleyes1 so all in all I don't know what my personal item will be yet :rotfl: joining in to see what other people do ;)

Sorry the photos are so big, not quite sure how to make them smaller :rotfl2:

love the first bag -- that would be my 'personal item' bag, but i find that i like having something with a shoulder strap so i can carry it cross body if i need to :)

cute bags though. love the festival bag

Oh - I don't have a photo - I have one of those handbag sized small backpack things. Ugly as all get out, but it has lots of speciality pockets and compartments for everything. The only think I have to carry by hand is the tablet. I can also take it into the parks as a mini backback.
Am interested to more from others cause I want to reduce even more

i know in previous luggage threads we've talked style of luggage, when we pack, what we pack and what bags we take into the parks/on excursions.

my current question is...what bag do you take on the plane as your 'personal item'.

last year i took a small messenger bag (barely large enough to fit a kindle + wallet + passport.

this year i am thinking of something slightly larger, such as this:
26-2-12323.jpg

which can be used as a tote bag or shoulder/cross body messenger bag and will fit slightly more in it.

my sister took a large laptop carry bag with her laptop + associated onboard travel items, and carlo took a large billabong backpack with travel pillow, camera, wallet etc inside...

just wondering what kind of luggage you all take as your 'personal item' -- is it a regular handbag, a tote, a backpack, messenger bag etc??

i know on some of our domestic flights in the usa, we saw people get on with 3 or 4 'tote bags' as their 'personal item' so it seems it wasn't policed very well, but i try and stay within the airline's policy for size/weight & # of items just in case they do some kind of spot check... plus, i think the aussie airlines police it pretty well :)

years ago I bought a large leather bag in frontier land in MK and still carry it on the plane as it gets nicer looking the older it gets and just clean it off with leather cleaner when come home. if it gets wet nothing inside does and it dries like new. can get all tickets and any thing we need in it and I have a bank bag from my bank that zips and keep all tickets and anything pertaining to WDW in it so easy to grab when arrive for ME and when get to resort--then when get in room put all my money and anything of value in it and then put in safe. and this took me a long time but finally went to a fanny pac :rotfl2:. know they gross and make Olive Oil look heavy but it does the trick and it holds regular wipes and lysol wipes for tables etc and Kleenex and sun glasses and KTTW cards for all of us and my inhaler and credit cards and my camera. then when I ride I can turn it around and have behind my back. just got tired ao something on my shoulder all day. some like the back packs but that to heavy for me but with kids need more room so understand that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter