What brand of mixer?

RumpleMom

DIS Veteran
I want to get a new mixer. My hand mixer is many years old and needs to be replaced.

I see ads for Sunbeam for $99 and Kitchenaid for $279, both have the mixer on a stand, which I think I want instead of a hand held mixer.

However, there is such a huge price range I don't know which to pick.

Does anyone have a mixer you really like? What features should I be looking for?

I vote for the Kitchenaid. I have had mine for over 20 years and have never had any problems with it at all. I only use maybe 10 times a year, but much of what I use it for really gives it a good workout!

Do you have a Williams-Sonoma store near you? If you're not picky about the color of your mixer and can wait a while, they sometimes put the "seasonal" colors on sale for a really good price! (I don't think they have that by ordering online, tho...)

If the Kitchenaid stand mixer is out of your price range, I still vote for a Kitchenaid hand-held. Can you tell I really like mine? :thumbsup2

I have had mine 14 years... I love it !!! If you love ot cook you will wonder what took you so long to do it....expensive but a great investment...you will get years of joy out of it!!!!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Another vote for Kitchen Aid. There's nothing like it. My MIL got me one for Christmas about 2-3 years ago and I swear, I don't know how I managed without it beforehand.

I just burned up my 3rd mixer in 2 years. I told DH I want a real, kitchenaid stand mixer. I will wait until we move back to the USA, because of electricity differences, but I can't wait!!! I will take a look at their hand mixers too.
Katy

I have 2 kitchenaid mixers (a hand one and a stand one) love them both for different reasons.

Did you try looking at the kitchenaid website? They have some refurbished ones at decent prices.

I love my KitchenAid mixers. My stand mixer is 27 years old and the hand held is about 17 years old. Both get heavy use and have never needed any repairs.

I vote for Kitchenaid. My mom's is over 28 yrs old (and has been passed onto my niece since mom died 13 yrs ago). My own is about 20 yrs old and running strong.

I just got a kitchenaid hand mixer and am thrilled with it. I think the kitchenaid name and reputation is worth the extra money.

I also vote for the KitchenAid. I bought a refurbished Artisan (you probably don't need the heavy duty Professional) for $199.00 from Amazon. Sometimes they sell for $179.00. Refurbished models may have a scratch or such, although mine looked perfect and runs perfect. I also appreciate the ability to tilt up the mixer head.

Kitchen Aid!

My mom had her original one for 20+ years and now my sister has it. I got the 6qt pro as a wedding present and it is FANTASTIC! I could never live without my KA...

another vote for the Kitchen Aid. I have had mine 12 years and I LOVE it!!! Especially for making my Christmas cookie doughs. I used to spend so much time mixing them by hand (no way a hand held mixer could have handled them). And now I feel like I am cheating when I make them it goes so easy and fast!

and ANOTHER vote for Kitchenaid! I bought one this year and I LOVE it!!

Another vote for Kitchen Aid! I've had mine 18 years...love it!!

I wanted a stand mixer for Christmas about 5 yrs ago. I told DH which one I wanted....a KitchenAid. But like most men, dh chose the Sunbeam for me because it was cheaper.

I was happy still so I used it until it died on me. I went out and bought myself a KitchenAid and I am so pleased with it. I recommend the KitchenAid. I do not think you will be as happy with a Sunbeam.

I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer. My mom gave it to me as a Christmas present six years ago. I think she bought it at Costco.

I do like having a hand mixer too though--sometimes it is easier to use a hand mixer. I have a basic little hand mixer though because I use my big Kitchenaid on anything heavy duty.

Do you have a Williams-Sonoma store near you? If you're not picky about the color of your mixer and can wait a while, they sometimes put the "seasonal" colors on sale for a really good price! (I don't think they have that by ordering online, tho...)

Right now Buttercup Yellow, Lemongrass Green and Clementine Orange are on sale. Last I looked they were $199 each, which is a great deal.

I have had my Kitchenaid for a few years now and it is the pride and joy of my kitchen.

I got the KitchenAid Pro last year and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter