What changes at DL and DCA in last 1 1/2 years?? Places to eat as well??

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
I used to go to DL as a kid every few months. Then when i moved to AZ, i would still go twice a year. Since 1999, i have concentrated mainly on WDW, just going to DLR every now and again. We just returned from our honymoon trip to WDW Less than 1 month ago, and now on friday we are going to DL & DCA. We promised the kids that since they couldnt go to WDW for our honeymoon, we would go to DL this summer, even though they get to go to WDW next May.

What changes are there at the DLR now and what should i look for?? Where is the best places to eat and do i need or do they take PS reservations? A place in DCA sounded good, Ariels i think it was called, a buffet. Any good? do i need PS for it? What number do i call if so.

What else is not to be missed??

Cant wait to ride indiana jones and matterhorn since WDW doesnt have those.

Thanks for the info.

The only new ride is Buzz Lightyear. DL has been repainted and looks amazing. Ariels (she's not there anymore--it's Captain Mickey's, but the restaurant hasn't officially changed names) is a character meal--non-buffet. I've never eaten there. But getting a PS would be a good idea--714-781-3463.

Gosh there are so many changes at Disneyland in the last year - mostly improvements to existing attractions and restoring attractions.

Tomorrowland has a new paint job - replacing most of the brass and green colors and returning it to more of a white and blue. Some of the previous paint scheme remains here and there.

Innoventions has added Asimo the robot

Buzz Lite Year attraction has opened in the old Rocket Rods queue / Circlevision theater area

Sub Lagoon is beginning it's overhaul / update
(this'll take a couple of years)

The new and improved Space Mountain should start soft opening in the next couple of weeks

One gold attraction vehicle appears on each of the park's original attractions Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Mr. Toad, etc. -

There's now a petting zoo back in the Big Thunder Ranch area

The Gallery above Pirates has ALL Disneyland historical art on display

There have been some changes inside of the Haunted Mansion (one very notable thing in particular)

The Sailing Ship Columbia's exterior has been restored

Jungle Cruise has some new inhabitants and some of the scenes have been "plussed", mostly very cool additions IMO

The Tiki room has been completely overhauled inside & out and she looks as good as she's looked in decades

The castle has been painted & decorated for the 50th

There's a new parade

A GREAT new firework's show

Main Street exterior has been completely repainted

There's a new show (film) on the history of the park in the Opera House starring Steve Martin - plus some wonderful displays in the lobby

The "Ward Kimball" should be steaming along the Disneyland railroad very soon

DCA gas added Tower of Terror and a new parade

Superstar Limo has begun it's transition into a Monster's Inc. themed dark ride
. . . .

That's what leaps immediately to mind in the last year and a half

Yep--if you haven't been on it this year (since it came back from the layover takeout in January), you'll notice a couple of differences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter