what crowds to expect in Nov?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
recent threads about current crowds are scaring me! when does FTP end? how do you think Nov crowds will be? we are going 11-6/11-16.

i know SSW will be wild, and i know we'll hit part of jersey week. do you think we'll see at least some low crowds?

Just giving this a bump. I wish I could help you with an answer. My sister's family went the 3rd wk in November and experienced very little crowds but not sure about earlier in the month.:cool:

What is FTP and SSW?

We went 3 years ago the week before the week of Thanksgiving and will do so again this year (I believe this is the week after you are going).

3 years ago, it was *fabulous*! The waits were less than 10 minutes for the rides, except the safari and the Pooh ride (80 minute wait!). We fast tracked those. BTM was closed for repairs and splash mountaiin had *no* wait. We rode several rides in succession. Dumbo had like a 15 minute wait.

We stayed at All Star Sports and there was always a bus waiting... never waited for a bus.

I hope we have a great a week this time as we did that time. What is Jersey week?

NJ week starts Nov. 1st thru Nov.9th...It was we call teachers convention week. Most kids are off 3 out of the five days so many people take advantage and go to Disney.

I have been there twice that timeframe & have not had a problem...but you never know..THere is quite a few of us in Jersey & flights are usually booked by august for that week.

Cindymere

We will also be there at that time. I hope it's slow and not crowded at all. I thought maybe it would'nt be because it's the week before Thanksgiving. Plus,it's our first time going to WDW.:)

Here are some of the things that will affect your timeframe.

Super Soap Weekend (MGM)(11/7-9)
Food and Wine Festival (EPCOT)
Festival of the Masters (DtD)(11/9-10)
Jersey Week
Veteran's Day (11th)
Fairy Tale Package (FTP)(until the end of Nov)

(My dates may be off slightly--I couldn't find my Mickey Monitor to confirm the dates, but they are close)

So with all of that and the threads on the resort boards about the Poly being overbooked and Disney trying to relocate 150 families, I think it might be fair to say you're not going to be alone. Of course, you'll still have a good time, regardless. I say, prepare for the worse, then if the crowds are not there...or if you manage to stay one step ahead of them, you'll be OK. But, of course, I would make sure you have your priority seatings taken care of before leaving home if you have any favorite places you want to dine.

Doing the single digit dance here!

I went down mid-november last year it was great!:teeth: Low crowds the weather was a bit cool but warmer than Pittsburgh Pa.

That said I am taking the wait and see approach. Sure I'm nervous about higher than normal crowds but I don't think there willl be 2hour waits for Space Mtn (like the summer months).

Remember we will all be a WDW crowds or no crowds and I can't wiat!!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper:

monalsw, I think it will be fairly crowded through Nov 10th with Jersey week and SSW. Avoid MGM altogether during the SSW....it's an absolute madhouse. The 11th-16th should be very nice for you though. If you want to sample any of the food at FW fest, I'd hit those booths during the week and not over the weekend. FW draws lots of locals and it gets very crowded. Have a great time!

Just for future reference, where can I access what events will be held? Like SSW and Jersey week... are those the same week every year?

K&H's mom... I hope we have as good a week as we did 3 years ago. This is my like 15th visit, Dh's 3rd, DS's 2 and the twins' first visit. My MIL's been once before and my parents have been more than I have!

But I definitely think you picked a good week to go for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter