What day of the week to arrive

chi-mom

<font color=purple>Is a good DISer who is helpful
We will be staying on grounds for 7 nights in Oct. We are pretty flexible with our schedule. Is there any advantage to arriving on any specific day of the week?:smooth: :smooth:

Lots of people arrive on Sat/Sun. I have found it too be less hectic to arrive mid-week. Plus we want to hit MK as our first park and it is soooo crowded on Sun or Mon. This upcoming trip we arrive on Tues and will be at MK on Wed.

Renee

We decided to arrive on a Thursday; we will hit MK on Friday, and the two bigger parks on the weekend (Epcot and AK respectively). Monday will be our rest day (while other people who arrived on the weekend will be hitting the parks). We figure by Tuesday we will be adjusted to the time change so we're doing EE for MGM, and EE for MK on Thursday. We are leaving on a Saturday so we have Sunday to re-coup before heading back to work in Monday. I also like it because I know the week we go will fly by because I will be running around M, T, W packing, being at work, doing last minute errands. I think if we waited til Sat or Sun to leave the time would drag by.:cool:

Before joining DVC, we liked to go Thursday to Tuesday. Airfare always seemed easy to get and was less expensive. We would do Epcot after arriving, then MK on Friday, worked out good.

Now with DVC, weekends are much higher points, so we do Saturday to Friday. We need that Saturday evening stay for airfare, so we only have 1 weekend night with high points. Airfare is hard to get on Saturday mornings, that can be a problem. We usually go to MK on Saturday night, the only night for Spectromagic in off season.

We always arrive ANY day but Saturday/Sunday. It makes check in so much quicker, the airport is less crowded and it just begins the trip on a nice note.

You will love it in October-don't forget to enjoy one of the MNSSHP nights!

MamaQuack:)

If it's with the family, we are usually on a school schedule and leave home as soon as possible on Friday (driving) and try to get to Kissimmee or if we run out of steam, Ocala, and stay offsite the first nite, then very early Saturday morning, while my hubby and boys are still snoozing, I go over and check in and by the time I've taken care of all of that, they have gotten up and moving and we head for the parks on Saturday. We stay at the parks through the following Saturday night, then drive up to Ocala, then finish the drive home on Sunday.

If it's just me for one of my weekend camping getaways, I fly out late Wednesday and check in Wednesday night at Ft. Wilderness, then stay at the parks and at Ft. Wilderness through Tuesday. I sleep in as late as possible on Tuesday and check out and have them store my stuff, then spend the afternoon at the parks, and then close Pleasure Island down, then go back to Ft. Wilderness at 2:30 am just in time for Mears to take me to my 5:30 am flight home on Wednesday morning.

If I were ever fortunate enough to stay 7 nights, I would arrive mid-week. It's probably not as much of a hassle checking in mid-week. You could also get a few good days of hard-touring in the parks and then could take your break days over the weekend and head back to the parks full force when the weekend crowds have gone.

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like arriving Wed. or Thurs. would be a good idea.

Another one who likes to arrive mid-week. Flights are cheaper, check-in is much easer and you get a few days before the week-end crowds arrive.

Since SW airlines now has a 7 am flight outn from where we live, we like to go on a Saturday when we fly. We are at the parks by noon, so we really haven't missed anything, and then we take the 8:45 pm flight out the following Saturday.

When we drive, we tend to arrive late on Sunday... we like to drive on Sundays (less traffic), and then be rested up for Monday.

One year when we were there in October, it was pouring buckets when it came time for Spectromagic. Since it was only being run on week-ends, we had to come home without seeing it.

We were really disappointed but learned a lesson!! Since that trip, we always arrive on a Thursday, spend our 1st day in the parks on a Friday, and plan a stay of 10 days. That way, we get in two Saturdays and two Sundays.

If we're rained out of whatever we want to see the first week-end, we've always got another shot at it :D

We usually go a Wed. to a Tues. Flights are generally cheaper mid-week. You are almost guaranteed to get one day of Spectro, and a couple of days with extended hrs.

Plus we want to hit MK as our first park and it is soooo crowded on Sun or Mon.
Hey now... the other thread listed out that WDW said that MK's SLOWEST day is Sunday- or rather the least amount of people.I figured that is why they made it one of their EE mornings -to boost traffic that day.

So is MK busy on Sunday or not? color me confused.... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter