What did you pack that was just a waste?

awsome, we went last june and didnt need a poncho, but i might go to target this year and get a very cheap one for both of us

High heels...the last thing you want to "slip on" after hoofing all day at the parks. The overall outfit suffered, but who cares? Pool toys and rings for the baby to float in and an air pump, yep, to fill them. Could have got them in FL at Walmart or CBR if needed and saved a lot of space.

We really packed a lot of stuff on our last trip but unfortunately we used most of it. It was cold. Mainly we didn't need many shorts, it was almost never warm enough for shorts. We did one pool day but only the kid could handle it, the rest os us sat in the sun and shivered whenever a cloud passed over.

I definitely wouldn't go nuts on toys from home. Face it-- you'll be buying new ones at WDW, overpriced or not, and they will trump the old ones.

Marmus said:
High heels...the last thing you want to "slip on" after hoofing all day at the parks. The overall outfit suffered, but who cares? Pool toys and rings for the baby to float in and an air pump, yep, to fill them. Could have got them in FL at Walmart or CBR if needed and saved a lot of space.

So CBR sells baby float rings? Are they suitable for an 18 month old? Are they super expensive? I was thinking of looking for a swim ring here and packing it down to WDW. But I like your idea of just buying it at the resort.

I'm going in 2 weeks :banana: and was thinking I should pack 2 outfits per person per day... My kids are 4 and 6 and the 4yo still needs a nap so I was thinking we could wake up early, go to the parks, come back in the afternoon and go swimming, take a nap, and then go back to the parks in the evenings.

So I was thinking who wants to put on the same sweaty clothes after swimming? Will we sweat in April? What is the weather going to be like on 4/1-4/8? Will we need to wear pants and a sweater in the evening and then shorts and tops during the day?

We're staying at the Doubletree Suites (which is not a Disney resort :sad2: ) so I don't know if there will be laundry there.

Also, about snacks, we aren't planning on eating breakfast at the hotel's restaurant (too expensive!) so I want to bring snacks for the morning. And water! Not to take to the park but for drinking in the room. I'm a fish and drink a ton LOL! But I was planning on buying the snacks there (we'll have a rental car) instead of lugging them through an airport...

Also, do I need to pack BUG SPRAY? I read in a guide book that this is a necessity, but haven't heard anyone mention it....

I always overpack but I figure why not? Better safe than sorry? And I only have to lug the stuff from the luggage carousel to the car, right?

JULIE

Wow this is cool, I am already telling my wife what things I am reading in here. I do have a question though. Does The Pop Century resort have laundry facilities? Also is the coffee any better down there yet? I have read that alot of people were thourghly displeased at the taste.

CathrynRose said:
Agree - agree - agree.

Any packed food, ended up being wasted food.

not so much dog food, no doggie toys, and absolutely no doggy chews...total waste. Cash preferred shopping for live bunnies in the parks, where he was able to eye them with interest every day...

when we went down in September for our honeymoon, we drove down and were there for two weeks, but we brought WAYYYYY too much.

I think we had an entire suitcase between the two of us that was full of clean clothes at the end of it.

DH brought even Disney book known to man and all the CAA tour books -- I don't think we needed those...perhaps just the Passporter would have been enough.

When we go down in January, we're flying and doing 3 days at the parks and 7 on the cruise -- we'll have to pack lighter and just deal with doing laundry...which I don't mind.

Keebles said:
A set of hair products to make my hair curl, a set of hair products and appliances to make my hair straight, another set of hair products for club nite (which, because of exhaustion we have yet to do). I end up with a ponytail every single day!

I am planning for my first trip to Disney. I too wil pack stuff for straight hair and stuff for curly hair...and I already know that my hair will be frizzy and pulled back every day due to the heat and humidity. It's almost as if I don't want to acknowledge what I'm really going to look like for 10 days!

Iggipolka said:
heh...We thought that we'd have some "adult time" while at Disney, but we were both WAY to tired to even think about that! :rolleyes: We had brought some items for that special magical time and then forgot them in the nightstand drawers! I feel sorry for Mousekeeping!

So..my recommendation is to not bring adult items to Disney, or at least, don't forget them when you leave! :blush:

I think the adult items are the ONLY thing that my husbund will overpack!

wouldn't bring the snacks. the video recorder, or the portable dvd player, especially if staying on-site. But the thing I really won't be talked into again is my daughter's backpack. Every day she'd pack it and every day I'd end up carrying it, no matter how many "deals" we made about her either leaving it in the room or carrying it herself.

I found that the thing I wasted the most space on was clothes. I always packed way more than I ever wore. Not this year! I plan on bringing my favorite clothes and doing a load of wash (if you have the option). Even when I didn't have the laundry option I still overpacked..not this year! What I did find as a savings to buy and pack ahead of time that was very expensive when shopping there (and/or leave as a wasteful thing)was laundry detergent (get a small plastic container, measure out and draw a line on the container for each level of use with a black magic marker, I usually do 3 loads, theres 3 of us, just in case)and I wrap in plastic bags from the deli, no leaks! I pack coffee,Only I drink coffee, my husband.doesn't but...do the same with his tea bags...peanut butter, mayo, mustard,(condiment of choice), I wrap them in zop-lock bags then when I get there I have the bags for other uses, crackers, goldfish... whatever you can fit for incidentals and hold-me-overs. I found that many of these "incidentals" like peanut butter were so over priced down there it was rediculous! Leave space for taking home fun stuff!

for HHI last week--an extension cord, the kind with the extra outlets.
I will pack it for WDW, but our 1 bedrm villa had enough outlets for all the cell phones, cameras etc

Jean

Bug spray -I have never used it at WDW, EVER! We have more bugs at home then the parks have - or at least that I've seen.

Thanks for the tip about snacks - I was about to bombard my suitcase with them....Now, I will think twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter