what digital camera to buy?

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are planning on buying a digital camera and printer. What would you recommend?

I bet you could get a great recomendation if you provided us a little more information
How do you plan to use it?
what is your budget?
How much photography experience do you have?

Take a look at the camera reviews on these sites:

DPReview

DCReviews

Steve's Digicams

Once you have found a few cameras that match your budget, (don't forget to include a budget for extra memory cards and rechargeable batteries/charger is the camera takes standard AA batteries), go along to a local camera store and try them out. See if camera feels right in your hands, the buttons are easy to get to and the menus are easy to navigate round.

As for printers, take a look at Canon, HP and Epson. Look for ones with individual colour cartridges - works out cheaper because you only need to replace the colour that runs out rather than a tri-colour catridge.

In a nutshell, the issues we focused on most closely were cost of media and cost of power. As such, we were sure to get a camera that used Compact Flash media rather than the more expensive formats, and one that used (rechargeable) AA batteries, rather than a proprietary power source. The Canon A-series worked best for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter