What do we not get in DVC accommodation...

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
...that we would get in a standard hotel room? Yes, I've run out of things to worry about and it suddenly occurred to me that I don't know if we need to take towels, hairdryer, soap etc.

Also, do the DVC studios have an iron or ironing board?

And if we're staying at DVC, can we buy refillable mugs? If so, where can we refill them (we're staying at BWV)?

You get an iron and board, a travel cot for a baby, a toaster, coffee-maker, sink, fridge, 4 mugs, carboard plates and bowls and plastic crockery and washing up liquid, dishcloth or pan scrup and tea towel. There are face cloths, small hand towels, large bath towels, (although usually only 2 - more available on request), "start up" supplies of soap and shampoo but these are usually automatically replaced as soon as you need more. We didn't have any hair conditioner so be bought some.

Refillable mugs are available and refillable at Boardwalk Bakery. Each time you need a refill you need to take the mugs. The coffee/tea/hot chocolate or whatever will be given to you in carboard mugs with tops on so that you can pour the contents into your refillable mugs.

Jan

Yes, I've run out of things to worry about ...

LOL!

The things Jan has mentioned are what's in a studio - for any larger DVC accommodation (and you will be tempted, even if you plan now to stay only in studios! ;) ) you also get a washer / drier, dishwasher, full kitchen bits and bobs as well.

I can't remember if there is a hairdryer as I always take my own travel one anyway, but I'd be surprised if there isn't. I'm sure there is a list of everything somewhere on the DVC member site, but I always find it time-consuming to track down the information I want on there.

I think the short answer is that you'll get more, not less, in DVC accommodation than in most standard hotel rooms - apart from daily housekeeping :)

Joh - you will also get a corkscrew which is very very important, well it is in our studio anyway :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Just found this for you on the members only site listed under BWV accommodations description:

Studio (sleeps 4)
Click here for room layout

Kitchenette with microwave, mini-refrigerator, wet bar and coffee maker
Queen-size bed
Double-size sleeper sofa
TV
Private porch or balcony

One-Bedroom Vacation Home (sleeps 4)

Master suite with king-size bed and whirlpool tub
Queen-size sleeper sofa in living room
TV VCR/DVD Combo
Fully-equipped kitchen
Stacked washer/dryer
Private porch or balcony

Two-Bedroom Vacation Home (sleeps 8)

Separate bedroom with private bath, one queen-size bed and double-size sleeper sofa
TV/DVD
Fully-equipped kitchen
Stacked washer/dryer
Private porch or balcony

Three-Bedroom Grand Villa (two-level; sleeps 12)

Two additional bedrooms, each with two queen-size beds and private bath
TV/DVD
Dining room
Fully-equipped kitchen
Stacked washer/dryer
Private balcony on each level

Vacation Home amenities*:

Bedroom(s):

Master bedroom:
One king-size bed with linens

Second and third bedrooms:
Two queen-size beds with linens, or
One queen-size bed and one double-size sleeper sofa with linens
Nightstands
Pak-n-Play Crib
Lamps
Hutch ??!!
Chair
Clock radio
Cable television
Ceiling fan
Kitchen:

Refrigerator
Electric stove/oven
Microwave oven
Sink with disposal
Coffee maker and starter pack
Toaster
Electric blender
Dishware, glasses, coffee cups and flatware service for eight (service for 12 in three-bedroom Vacation Homes)
Serving platter, vegetable bowls, salad serving bowl, sugar bowl, pitcher and cream server
Eight-piece cookware set (pots, pans and lids)
Casserole dishes, measuring cups and spoons, colander, cutting board and cookie sheet
Paring knife, cook's knife, tongs, serving spoon, serving fork, can opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
Teakettle
Dish towel
Sponge
Potholders

Living/Dining Area:

Queen-size sleeper sofa
Cable television
VCR or DVD player
Lamps
End table
Coffee table
Chair
Dining table and chairs
Ceiling fan

Private Porch or Balcony:

Patio table and chairs

Bathrooms:

Whirlpool tub (master bathroom only)
Shower massager
Hair dryer
Towel package
Toiletries starter pack

Laundry Room/Closet:

Washer and dryer
Vacuum cleaner
Iron and ironing board
Broom and dustpan
Laundry detergent (starter box)

*Amenities may vary by resort and are subject to change without notice.

I can't for the life of me think what the hutch might be! :teeth:

When we stayed at Saratoga Springs last October they had run out of tea kettles.. The had one at beach club villas and it is actually a tea pot so in fact there is no tradional kettle.

Susan

When we stayed at Saratoga Springs last October they had run out of tea kettles.. The had one at beach club villas and it is actually a tea pot so in fact there is no tradional kettle.

Susan

I tried to ask housekeeping for a kettle and they couldn't understand what I was on about :rotfl: must be my scottish accent :laughing: went out and bought one for $5 at walmart

Susan can you get one and if yes what should I ask for ?

Ali

best to stick with your $5 kettle as the ones they supply are tea pots. I guess this could be heated up on the hobs but take ages. I guess Americans are not keen on pot noodle then!

Susan

Ali

best to stick with your $5 kettle as the ones they supply are tea pots. I guess this could be heated up on the hobs but take ages. I guess Americans are not keen on pot noodle then!

Susan

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: did you see the Kelly Osborne programme the other night re pot noodles , she is in Japan !! I don't want to say too much :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah I was gonna mention the kettle thing... I drink lots of hot water and there's nothing worse than trying to have just hot water from a coffee machine - ugh. We have a small travel kettle that we take with us!

If you are staying on DVC points you do NOT get daily housekeeping. On day 4 housekeeping will leave clean towels and take the trash and on day 8 you will get full housekeeping service. On your confirmation it should say what you get and when.

If you are paying cash you do get daily housekeeping

If you are staying on DVC points you do NOT get daily housekeeping. On day 4 housekeeping will leave clean towels and take the trash and on day 8 you will get full housekeeping service. On your confirmation it should say what you get and when.

If you are paying cash you do get daily housekeeping

This means that you don't get refils of shampoo etc or of coffee sugar supplies..

I guess the one thing which is noticeable by its absence at DVC 5 star accommodation is free WiFi. Available at most hotels of a similar standard, Disney still want to charge us $10 a day:sad1:

(I'd rather use the money to take the trip to Panera!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter