What do you do about insurance - anyone used the Travel Guard from DVC?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi,

With everything that happened this summer regarding travel companies going bust I thought I would think hard about insurance.

Not that I think Disney is going bust.

Next year I have booked a mega holiday

We are going for just over 3 weeks and all our accomodation is dvc. we have some stays at the DVC resorts but we have also booked our NY stay through the conceirge collection.

Each time I have received my confirmation letters I have received the pink leaflet about the Travel Protection Plan from AIG. It got me thinking has anyone every used this -

I normally have travel insurance through Direct travel - as I have some pre-exsisiting medical conditions -but I also thought about taking out the Travel protection plan on top of this?

Any advice would be really appreciated

Being as we are non US residents I do not think we can use the Travel Protection Plan from AIG!

Claire ;)

I had thought that but there is a phone number for international callers???

We have used it a couple of times. As non-US residents I think the only option open to us is the basic one - it covers you for your points should you lose them by not being able to go.

The cost isn't too bad as it is based on the number of points used. We have done it in the past as you never know what might happen with kids!

We have used it a couple of times. As non-US residents I think the only option open to us is the basic one - it covers you for your points should you lose them by not being able to go.

The cost isn't too bad as it is based on the number of points used. We have done it in the past as you never know what might happen with kids!

Thank you for your reply

The other thing to consider is that most travel insurance doesn't cover things such as airlines going bust. You really need to book a package through a TA, and/or pay by credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter