What do you do when you arrive?

What do you do/where do you go when you arrive?

• Epcot

• MK

• AK

• MGM

• Downtown Disney

• No parks, but eat a good sit down meal

• Hang at the resort

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Just curious what do people do and where do people go that first day?

I know it can vary and depend on when you arrive.

If choosing "Other" please post what you do/where you go.

Thanks!

If we are at a resort with just buses....whichever bus comes first!!!

I usually go to MK when I arrive. It's my favorite park of the four and it always makes me so happy to finally be on vacation again.

This may sound funny, but I will not be able to enjoy
my holiday unless I unpack properly and turn our
home away from home into home sweet home.

That's the very first thing, the very second thing....
Pardon me, where is the nearest bar?

---Andra
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Because we usually don't get to Walt Disney Resorts until 6pm, we just hang out at the resort. Checking in, unpack, and then go grab some food at the food court.

Diznee25

Unless we happen to want lunch at some place in the parks (which is rarely), we unpack, relax a bit, head to the store for a few food items, play some miniature golf (if it isn't crowded), take a short swim, then have dinner at a nice table service WDW restaurant.

Normally arrive at WDW before 10:00 am. Check-in at Hotel, if room is available unpack and explore a bit. We usually go to AK first day (used to be MK). Maybe AK because it is usually less crowded and there are lots of places to just walk and see things without getting in ques. AK is usually 2 visits, 1 first day rather spontaneous, 2nd might have some plan/agenda.

We usually arrive in the evening, so we like to go over to Beaches & Cream to eat. It is fun & relaxing and you can see everyone coming in from the parks. Then, once the Illuminations fireworks starts, we really feel like we're there.

Swim at the GF, showers for everybody, then off to Chef Mickey's, dessert bar at Chef Mickey's.

Even though we arrive fairly early, we have always be able to go directly to the room first. So we take our bags to the room, use restroom if necessary and then hit MGM. :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Since we usually arrive in the afternoon, and usually have 4 day park hoppers, we don't use that 1/2 day and waste a whole day on our passes - so after settling in we either go to Down Town Disney, or catch the Camp Fire Show at Fort Wilderness.:D

Originally posted by andrabell
This may sound funny, but I will not be able to enjoy
my holiday unless I unpack properly and turn our
home away from home into home sweet home.

That's the very first thing, the very second thing....
Pardon me, where is the nearest bar?

---Andra
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hee hee! Andra, I am exactly like you! I can't stand the idea of living out of a suitcase and I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything (even a cocktail) until I know everything has been put away.

:eek:

Last Nov. it was a trip to Goodings, Cirque, then PI. We usually get there too late to burn a Hopper Day. Next March it will be Boardwalk, the Big River Brewing Co. and the ESPN Club and maybe PI. The first full day, always a Sat., is always MGM.

Bill From PA

MK. Where else? Need to get that magic fix as soon as possible. Besides, my DD and DS want to get to Mickey's Toontown to meet and greet Mickey and his pals "the very first thing!!!"

DW & I usually arrive before 10am. Check-in, and if the room is avalible, unpack. If not, it's straight to MGM & ToT :tongue:

Since we travel in from No Cal, we always arrive in the late afternoon. I usually get a seperate night at the Disney Hotel so our length of stay passes won't start until morning. We will usually eat and shop in DTD then turn in early to start fresh the next morning.

I always pick up a couple of refillable soda mugs to add to my collection.

Usually we go somewhere to get something good to eat, never have burned our tickets on going to the parks because it's too late that first day. I suggest going and checking out the different resorts, thats a lot of fun in itself. But sometimes, we go ride the monorail, it's the only ride you don't have to pay for! (besides the buses & boats!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter