What do you give out for Halloween?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We will probably only get about 20 kids, but we are giving Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and assorted Hershey miniatures. I did not have much choice. Just ran to Walmart to grab some candy and they were completely cleared out of options. First time I ever saw that around here.

I just usually buy what I like. First few years in our house we had a lot of kids but it has been dwindling the last few years. Last year we had one kid.

Canadian Mini chocolate bars…kitkat, aero,smarties and coffee crisp. They were on sale early at Costco. I’m surprised they lasted without getting opened before tonight…lol

I will hand out the coffee crisp first not my favourite. Have enough for 125 kids ( 2 each) Used to get close to 200 kids last year we go maybe 60.

I have a two variety packs of full size sweet and sour type candy—twizzlers, airheads, gummy bears, skittles. Basically stuff I won’t feel too tempted by if we have a lot left. Chocolate is my weakness.

The Costco assortments - both the chocolate one as well as the fruit chew variety (e.g. sour patch kids, nerds, etc.)
This exactly what we have. We are 3 houses away from the most popular TOT street in town, so we get the folks coming and going (they actually close that street to traffic for safety reasons). The rest of the town always seems pretty resentful (one just postEd a sign on their lawn saying “before you go to **** street, stop by here.”

This exactly what we have. We are 3 houses away from the most popular TOT street in town, so we get the folks coming and going (they actually close that street to traffic for safety reasons). The rest of the town always seems pretty resentful (one just postEd a sign on their lawn saying “before you go to **** street, stop by here.”
I wish my city had a popular street, we end up going to close to my sister's place and it's pretty busy.

When I used to work in Glendale, CA there was street - Kenneth Rd - which was closed off and super popular. I loved it!

We bought the assorted bags of candy this year so we have a little of everything. Forecast is for rain (first time in memory that I can think of for Halloween here).

Full size candy bars. Always.

This year, we are, too...thanks to Amazon deals.

I have a box of full size Heath bars and then a full size box of Mars bars (Snickers, Twix, Milky Way). Then I have a box of full size Utz chips and a bag of snack size Swedish Fish and SourPatch kids for allergies and non-chocolate preference...

It's rainy tonight, so I bought for 50 kids, but I may not get 50 kids - we'll see how the weather holds and how hardy kids are:).

I wish my city had a popular street, we end up going to close to my sister's place and it's pretty busy.

When I used to work in Glendale, CA there was street - Kenneth Rd - which was closed off and super popular. I loved it!
Ironically I grew up in this town, it’s 3 miles, and I had no idea this side of town was such a popular TOTing spot until we bought our house and has kids.

Sarcasm, and silly comments.
I‘m one of those adults that thinks having children walking around on dark streets, in the middle of the night in neighborhoods that don’t know is a bad idea.

One the other hand, my wife spent about 30 bucks on walmart assorted candies…

You married a great spouse!:)

I have a two variety bags, one chocolate and the other skittles/starbursts. Every year I say I am going to buy pretzels and fruit snacks in case we don't get many kids then my daughter can have them for her snacks. But every year I buy chocolate I like instead... lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter