What do you pack for a DVC stay that you don't pack for a resort stay?

we deliver amazonfresh groceries to our resort room before we leave, so they get there the day of! it is insanely convenient and i highly recommend! despite its convenience, i have heard that disney is starting to charge $10 charge to any packages delivered to rooms now.

We bring decafe tea bags (good for making iced tea too) because we don’t drink coffee. And suagr/sweetner for the tea.
We also bring laundry pods, a laundry stain pen (good to use when you are out & have a stain issue). And definitely zip bags, food storage bags for left overs etc. Just a hint using the bath soap bar for stains especially greasy ones works well. (Wet the bar of soap, wet the stain and scrub with the soap. Let it sit and then rinse and wash.)
We have used Garden Grocer with good service. Some folks recommend Dizzy Dolphin for groceries too.
I also bring ‘travel size’ liquid hand soap to use in the kitchen. I keep the bottles and refill them at home. I also like to bring sanitizing hand wipes to use on the plane and carry with me. And baby wipes that I buy for $2 at Big Lots can clean lots of things beside hands etc. I use one of my zipper bags to carry some with me for the day.
I travel with a waist bag on the plane for convenience and use a small crossover bag in the parks.
We also find clear ‘badge holders’ convenient for DVC cards, IDs etc. They can be worn around the neck and slipped inside a shirt or put in a small bag.
I have TSA locks for our suitcase main zippers and zip ties for the other zippers and a nail clipper to cut them off. I put larger items (iPad, camera accessories etc.) in a suitcase when we leave the room and use the lock and zip ties together. With zip ties you do not need really long ones. You can find them at hardware stores as well as Micro Center or sometimes dollar stores. I keep a bunch in my suitcases so we always have them.

We cook in our 1 bedroom villa so we bring spices, and nothing else extra. Everything is pretty much provided or available for the asking.

:earsboy: Bill
Pack light and do laundry. It’s Florida - you don’t need a mountain of clothes. Bring Tidd pods and dryer sheets also. Find the nearest Publix and/or Walmart to purchase food (better yet if you can bring with you). General stores onsite are way too expensive.

I bring salt and pepper and scissors to open some prepackaged food items.

When we stayed at a Beach Cottage at Vero 3 weeks ago, while cooking eggs and bacon for breakfast, I discovered there was NO salt & pepper in the villa! I was not happy as I had never had that happen before. Had to make a frantic call to have someone bring what was supposed to be in the room: tiny packets of S & P like they give with take-out. Eggs with no salt are not so good. :crazy2:

So bringing your own picnic sized S & P if you plan on doing any cooking at all is a smart plan! :D

I don't cook that much for my DVC stays, but for our Hawaii TS, where we stay a long while, I always take a good chef knife as the knives in TS kitchens are generally dull as doorknobs. :sad2:

Leading up to a trip, I save packages of salt and pepper, mayo, mustard, etc. that are handed out at restaurants and that I don´t always use. I then pack them for a DVC trip. That way you don´t have to purchase large amounts and leave it all behind. I hate wasting full bottles of condiments!

I am sure I'm repeating what's already been said, but I bring:
coffee packs (I think it's Maxwell House that makes a filter pack that you just pop in the coffee maker), laundry pods, dryer sheets, baggies for just in case we need them, sometimes wine or beer or rum, splenda, powder creamer, sometimes diet soda, water bottles and some non perishable snacky/breakfasty stuff. Also scissors is good to have and maybe a tiny screwdriver (have actually needed that many times especially when kids were little and would buy a toy at WDW). Clorox wipes (but I have them on regular hotel trips too)...same with a little medical kit with band-aids, Tylenol, cold meds, benedryl, cough drops...etc. Little sewing kit. Some tape. A sharpie. Earplugs in case we have a noisy room.

When we stayed at a Beach Cottage at Vero 3 weeks ago, while cooking eggs and bacon for breakfast, I discovered there was NO salt & pepper in the villa! I was not happy as I had never had that happen before. Had to make a frantic call to have someone bring what was supposed to be in the room: tiny packets of S & P like they give with take-out. Eggs with no salt are not so good. :crazy2:

So bringing your own picnic sized S & P if you plan on doing any cooking at all is a smart plan! :D

I don't cook that much for my DVC stays, but for our Hawaii TS, where we stay a long while, I always take a good chef knife as the knives in TS kitchens are generally dull as doorknobs. :sad2:
In our 12 plus years of DVC ownership and dozens of visits I have never expected Salt & Pepper. Condiments are not supplied

In our 12 plus years of DVC ownership and dozens of visits I have never expected Salt & Pepper. Condiments are not supplied

I've been a member over 25 years, and there usually has been S & P. for all these years, albeit usually in the tiny to-go packets. When I called Vero, they said S & P should have been in the villa and quickly brought me a tiny basket that should have been on the counter, full of tiny S & P packets! :cutie:

My non-Disney TS in Hawaii has a cute, tiny S & P shaker set all sealed and ready to open in ALL their TS villas. :flower3:

I've been a member over 25 years, and there usually has been S & P. for all these years, albeit usually in the tiny to-go packets. When I called Vero, they said S & P should have been in the villa and quickly brought me a tiny basket that should have been on the counter, full of tiny S & P packets! :cutie:

My non-Disney TS in Hawaii has a cute, tiny S & P shaker set all sealed and ready to open in ALL their TS villas. :flower3:
Never. News to us. I bought S&P packets from Minibus online

25 years of membership, there's been at least a little salt and pepper. But I stay in villas with full kitchens, so perhaps that might be the difference? All I know is that S & P is there, or supposed to be. All you have to do is ASK for it. :-)

Been a member since 2006 and stay in 1-2BR villas mostly and don't recall salt and pepper...maybe back in the early days of our membership. They used to have a basket with sugar, artificial sweetener, creamer packets but that disappeared a while ago and now we get a couple of those all-in-one: napkin, stirrer, creamer, sugar, sweetener packets. MAybe salt and pepper used to be in those baskets.

Been a member since 2006 and stay in 1-2BR villas mostly and don't recall salt and pepper...maybe back in the early days of our membership. They used to have a basket with sugar, artificial sweetener, creamer packets but that disappeared a while ago and now we get a couple of those all-in-one: napkin, stirrer, creamer, sugar, sweetener packets. MAybe salt and pepper used to be in those baskets.

Perhaps members aren't asking when S & P are not there. Just as coffee has always been in the villas, in my very extended experience, so has at least a small amount of S & P. As I mentioned before, when I called a couple of weeks ago while at Vero, the CM immediately apologized and told me the salt and pepper should have been there in the kitchen and they immediately brought me a little basket with S & P in it. That JUST happened a couple of weeks ago. As I mentioned in my previous post, I generally stay in 1 bedroom or larger over the years, but Studios should have it too.

So if you do not have salt and pepper and you need it, give a call. Worked like a charm! :cutie: And as mentioned, I find it odd that the other TS we own, Marriott, always, ALWAYS has not the tiny packets of salt and pepper, but a cute, tiny salt and pepper shaker set that is sealed and ready for usage. If they can provide coffee and a few packets of sugar, there is no reason not to provide salt and pepper. WAY cheaper than coffee. Even cheaper than Joffrey's. :jester:

Clorox wipes, asst zip locks w/ a few folded sheets of aluminum foil (great minds think alike), a pocket size Febreeze.

When we book a 1 or 2 bedroom villa, I usually bring laundry pods and dryer sheets.

We don't cook in the kitchen, but we do get some milk and water to store in the fridge....but we just buy those at the resort store.

And I bring cleaning wipes everywhere...whether it's a DVC resort or regular hotel.

Last edited:
we deliver amazonfresh groceries to our resort room before we leave, so they get there the day of! it is insanely convenient and i highly recommend! despite its convenience, i have heard that disney is starting to charge $10 charge to any packages delivered to rooms now.
They MAY charge the fee, it is at the discretion of the hotel. By all accounts, this mostly seems to be to keep people from having packages delivered every day.

And most other threads have said that the posters we're told they don't charge the fees for deliveries from "grocery stores", including Prime Now and Amazon Fresh. Prime Now may actually be a better option since you don't have to pay an extra fee each month/year to Amazon, but that is a personal decision you have to make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter