What do you REFUSE to scrimp on????

I never skimp on those "on ride" photos. They make great souveniers and I encorporate them into my memory books!

Scrimping at Disney misses the whole point for me. The hotels and restaurants are most of the 'magic' for me, even if the rest of my family could care less! We DO scrimp, however, on breakfast. We'll have muffins or pop tarts in the rooms so we can get to the parks sooner, I can't imagine getting my three children to sit down for food when they know what's waiting.

1995 Yacht Club
1997 Wyndham
1999 Swan
1999 DCL (3 day) Magic
2002 DCL (7 day) Magic
2002 Yacht Club

I won't scrimp on anything that saves time or on a nice, on-site hotel. My husband has a very high profile job that frequently equires him to leave early from vacation and be gone less than a week. There have been times when he has had to fly back to put out some fire, and then fly back to vacation! We can only stay 5 nights, so I have to get a towncar rather than rent a car, (it's the quickest way). Even though we are staying on-site we will probably take a taxi to some parks since the buses take too much time. I also WILL scrimp on food. First of all sit-down meals take too much precious time, and the food at Disney isn't that good, so I'd rather grab something quick. We also stay on the concierge level so we can get breakfast first thing and not waste "park time"!

We wouldn't have to do this if my husband wasn't coming with us, but this is the first time our whole family will be going to Disney together. We have been 3 times without him, since it isn't the type of vacation he has been willing to take time off for, but finally he agreed to come with us. My sons are very excited that Dad will be going on the rides with them this time!

I am with everyone else. I am on vacation so here is my order:

1) I have to cook every other day, so I do not cook on vacation.

2) The same with laundry. I will pack enough for the trip. I do not do laundry.

3) And the rest - food and souveniers. They just go along with a vacation.

You work hard to pay, so it is time to play!!!

We don't skrimp at Jellyrolls. We love spending the evening watching the piano players and drinking beer. We usually have a $50 tab by the end of the night.

We love to plan where we are going to eat and make PS. I don't think we would cut this out.

No cooking -- unless it's at our "home" at Old Key West (that's actually fun family time.) When we go to DLR (which is more often now that I'm scared to death of flying to Orlando), we only stay at hotels (sometimes DVC, sometimes not) and we always eat at the restaurants, both on and off site.

A new no skimp: gotta get a Mickey balloon for my son. It lasts more than a month and it's great to see him enjoy it for such a long time. It makes paying $6.50 for a balloon make some sense.

No cooking -- unless it's at our "home" at Old Key West (that's actually fun family time.) When we go to DLR (which is more often now that I'm scared to death of flying to Orlando), we only stay at hotels (sometimes DVC, sometimes not) and we always eat at the restaurants, both on and off site.

A new no skimp: gotta get a Mickey balloon for my son. It lasts more than a month and it's great to see him enjoy it for such a long time. It makes paying $6.50 for a balloon make some sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter